Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #781
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I went to the gym early so I'd have less of a chance of running into the woman who wants the recumbent bike. It worked . I did an hour, Level 10, Random, while lifting weights.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #782
Artzy76

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The Girlie kinds :)
Relationship Status:
Singular

Artzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Splashtime

I just love Doing water aerobics in the morning... starts the day off perfectly! After class a lady approached me she actually works at the gym. She shared her story with me about how she has lost 185 lbs ... WOW ... she invited me to join her and some of the other trainers at the gym at 5AM tomorrow morning for a 2 hour work out with the training staff ... yowsers! Im on it! I'm going to take her challenge and do it... what do i have to lose... just more weight baby!
Artzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Artzy76 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #783
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It was a pretty mild night at ye ole gym for me. Treadmill and I got along fairly well (I was visiting the gym I don't care as much for). I spent 35 minutes on it, walking with incline. 214 calories. 1.71 miles.

Kind of eh. But I won't workout tomorrow so I wanted to do something.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #784
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I had my last day (boo hoo) at the Montauk gym. I did same as yesterday: 1 hour on the recumbent bike, Random program, Level 10, while lifting weights. Then I went home and did some reading in the pool while sitting with a pool noodle between my legs and "bike pedaling. Here's a picture of what a pool noodle is (not me in the picture, just taken from the web). They are good for lots of low-key low impact pool exercise.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #785
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Walked 2 miles for a geocache. Didn't find it but still had fun.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #786
Daktari

Default uiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I had my last day (boo hoo) at the Montauk gym. I did same as yesterday: 1 hour on the recumbent bike, Random program, Level 10, while lifting weights. Then I went home and did some reading in the pool while sitting with a pool noodle between my legs and "bike pedaling. Here's a picture of what a pool noodle is (not me in the picture, just taken from the web). They are good for lots of low-key low impact pool exercise.
I hate the water. Maybe a pool noodle is the way to go just to be able to say I was sat with a pool noodle between my legs!

No exercise as such yesterday apart from walking here, there and everywhere and then, in the evening, a washer in one of the bath taps spontaneously failed and I spent 3quarters of an hour running up and down stairs fetching things for Pops who, kindly, came out to fix said tap.

Just as a matter of interest, the bath and taps are original to the 1937 house and they don't even make washers like the one that failed nowadays. Teh Pops is a real tradesman and knows all sorts of odd fixes for things and cut the end from one of my leather belts to fashion a washer of the same dimensions as the original one until we can find a modern equivalent. Clever huh? I lurve my Pops.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #787
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, I helped move a piece of furniture and did some cleaning. That's it. Today I hope for a full workout but we'll see.

A quick hop on the scale revealed another loss, bringing me closer to my goal and roughly 18 pounds sweated away. It's coming off slow but I hope that that means it will stay away this time.

I may or may not have something to do with that, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #788
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, so I've been totally remiss about checking in here with my accountability updates.

I have been being good, and for the most part keeping up with my stated goals. A couple of things of been happening down on the beach, after a month of semi-weirdness in my ankle about four days ago I finally have my real stride again. Everything felt loose and natural, and I felt my old gait kick in. For the last three days I've been doing 6 mile stints instead of three, mostly just because I can.

Another thing is happening is that after a 5 year wait all the powers that be have finally authorized the funds and materials to rebuild my beach. The last time this place saw new sand was 35 years ago and erosion has been taking it's toll. I went last Saturday to a meeting with the project planners and the engineers to get the real skinny on how this was going to shake out. For the next four months things are going to be a real mess, but they're doing it in sections and working incredibly fast to minimize the impact on wildlife and the community.

For a while over the last couple of months I was pretty bent out of shape about how inconvenient it was going to be. (The nerve!) But, having seen the magnitude of the project laid out, I'm actually looking forward to getting to watch what it looks like to have 86,200 yd.³ (CY) of sand delivered by barge.

Beyond that, I went ahead and joined the gym and have been getting started figuring out what weights to use for what exercises. Full confession; it would seem that I am a total wimp. I think this is going to be a fairly long and steep climb contrary to my previous predictions.

Still practicing swimming and enjoying the heck out of that. I am however, finding that having my ears full of water for hours afterwards is a little bit disconcerting. It's okay and doesn't hurt or anything, but what puzzles me is where does it go during the night? I wake up and it's all gone and everything seems fine. I don't think I could handle dealing with earplugs also, what with the snorkel, goggles, and all, I already feel like a total alien.

I'm sure that's more than anybody needed to know, but I wanted to check in with everybody.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #789
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

tried something different today.

Used the stationary bike and went from slow to a jog to sprint and alternated for about 30 minutes.

I also used the cable machine and did 2 reps x 10 of bicep curls and some overhead tricep pulls while lifting my knees.

Feelin' good!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #790
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I am back home from vacation (I miss the beach and the pool and the sun!). It was nice to go back to my usual gym, though I miss that old stationary bike in Montauk. I went this evening, and, wow, was it ever empty. I think maybe everyone went away for Labor Day weekend. My friend, Laqueisha, the straight, African American woman in the beautiful dresses was there. As we get to talking more, I keep almost mentioning BB and then not. I probably eventually will. It's an example of femme privilege that I get to have the choice that butches don't about coming out. I think she'd be cool about it but because we are talking in a locker room, and she is quite modest in changing, I worry that if she isn't cool, it could be awkward, and we run into each other all the time. Oh, well, I've already written about this, so sorry for the repeat. Anyway, I did an hour on the Beast (Arc Trainer), Strength program, 30 minutes at Level 8 and then 30 minutes at Level 10. Then I did weight lifting, abs, and stretching for 30 minutes.

How do I... ?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #791
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Kelt, you really shouldn't let the water sit so long. It could really become a problem later on. There are products for swimmer's ear that will help dry up the water or, if you have plenty of time, you could lay your head down on a folded up towel and let it drain naturally on each side. Rubbing alcohol is drying as is hydrogen peroxide but use them sparingly and carefully and I always mix each with water. I know, weird, when the issue is water. Also, you could get one of those bulbous squeezy things used on babies. They are usually blue. They can suck some of the water out too.

I also found this at ask.com. I haven't tried vinegar before but I can see where it would work.

To drain water out of the ears after swimming, you need a towel, rubbing alcohol and white vinegar. Slant your head to the side and tug earlobe to straighten the ear canal and discharge blocked water, do the same for the other side. Rest on your side with a towel under your head and pull the earlobe to straighten the ear canal. With a medicine dropper, squeeze a solution of 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 white vinegar into the ear. You should hear a gentle crackling as this mixture evaporates trapped water. Tilt head to drain the fluids.

As for myself, my body is just not feeling it lately and I'm not sure why. I got more sleep last night but I don't think it's enough. I prepared to go to the gym but I literally felt fatigued and thought it best to let it go. The gym will be closed by the time I get out of work tomorrow, so I'll have hauling boxes around and cleaning as my workout.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #792
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

I really should get a pedometer. I swear have to be walking a good 5 miles a day... not to mention my walk home each evening. *yawn*

Would prefer a motorized scooter... but ya know...
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #793
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,355 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

One of the trainers has gone rogue, and she's working us extra hard and she's not following the Group Power program.

We've been working our triceps, back, and shoulders in addition to the usual one hundred squats, lunges, and push ups.

I can't even believe that I do all of that.

She's my favorite weight lifting teacher for the same reason she's my least favorite Zumba teacher.

Just the facts, ma'am.

She doesn't know my name, so she calls me 'honey' even though she's younger than I am.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #794
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,399 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I did a cleaning job with my mother....from 830am-3pm, stopped for lunch then continued till 7pm...and more to do tomorrow...

anyone who says cleaning isn't exercise should talk to my shoulders and my calves....and rub them while they talk....
Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #795
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I almost never get water in my ears with swimming. It's weird how we are each different that way. If I occasionally do, I am usually able to just jump on one foot in the shower while tilting one side of my head and hitting the other ear (the one not facing the floor) with the palm of my hand. Well, maybe that's how everyone tries to get water out of their ears, I don't know. Once I got water in my ear, and it wouldn't come out. I used a q-tip in my ear which is a big no-no (putting anything in one's ear). I ended up causing myself an infection. So I went to the ear doctor and had what felt like the most painful procedure known to humankind. The doctor told me after, "Just remember, never put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow" or something like that .

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #796
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I almost never get water in my ears with swimming. It's weird how we are each different that way. If I occasionally do, I am usually able to just jump on one foot in the shower while tilting one side of my head and hitting the other ear (the one not facing the floor) with the palm of my hand. Well, maybe that's how everyone tries to get water out of their ears, I don't know. Once I got water in my ear, and it wouldn't come out. I used a q-tip in my ear which is a big no-no (putting anything in one's ear). I ended up causing myself an infection. So I went to the ear doctor and had what felt like the most painful procedure known to humankind. The doctor told me after, "Just remember, never put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow" or something like that .
Yeah. First off, I've already disclosed my level of coordination.

If I "just jump on one foot in the shower while tilting one side of my head and hitting the other ear (the one not facing the floor) with the palm of my hand", that's it, I would just have some kind of nine point landing and many more problems.

I know I need to figure this out. It is every time, both ears, and lasts until I go to bed. I don't get soggy pillow or anything so I thought maybe it was just filling up empty space in my head.

I have heard about the alcohol thing Gemme mentioned but was really just hoping if I ignored it long enough it would go away.

*the only swimming smilie is being chased by a shark*
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #797
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Maybe if it's not broken don't fix it?

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #798
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
I really should get a pedometer. I swear have to be walking a good 5 miles a day... not to mention my walk home each evening. *yawn*

Would prefer a motorized scooter... but ya know...
Get a razor scooter and push yourself around on it.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2013, 04:46 AM   #799
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Yeah. First off, I've already disclosed my level of coordination.

If I "just jump on one foot in the shower while tilting one side of my head and hitting the other ear (the one not facing the floor) with the palm of my hand", that's it, I would just have some kind of nine point landing and many more problems.

I know I need to figure this out. It is every time, both ears, and lasts until I go to bed. I don't get soggy pillow or anything so I thought maybe it was just filling up empty space in my head.

I have heard about the alcohol thing Gemme mentioned but was really just hoping if I ignored it long enough it would go away.

*the only swimming smilie is being chased by a shark*
Ignoring something with the hopes that it will go away? And what would you tell a friend that told you that? Hmmmm?

It's not going to go away. You keep putting yourself in a big tank filled with water. Your ears collect water apparently. The end. You just have to find a way that's comfortable to you to get rid of the water before it builds up.

Sit at a table or lean over a counter, whatever's more comfortable for you for about 2 minutes each side. Take a towel and lay one side of your head on it. Pull gently on the ear that is facing up and away from the table/counter. If you tug at the earlobe, pulling it out and up, you should feel the water move. That will help all the water to pool in one place. Then change sides. The water should drain out of your ear and onto the towel. That doesn't involve too much coordination or tools.

Or you can continue to let it drain as you sleep.

That may work just fine but keep in mind if there is still even a small amount of water trapped in your ear, you could develop an infection in a relatively short time. The water would grow bacteria like a swamp/pond inside your ear and who wants that? Also, if the water finds a way behind your eardrum, you are in for some pain. Just sayin', cuz the eardrum won't process vibration the normal way and that's not a good thing. Balance could be affected too.

Don't mess with your hearing.

Trust me. I spent a lot of time as a child dealing with stuff like this. The alternatives if it doesn't drain all the way out are not fun or cheap.

Quote:
Maybe if it's not broken don't fix it?
One demerit for you, missy.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #800
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Yes Mother.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights