Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-08-2020, 09:47 AM   #621
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Trump said he would not take part.

“I’m not going to do a virtual debate,” he said. “I’m not going to waste my time doing a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, it’s ridiculous, and then they cut you off whenever they want.”
Actually you fucking idiot that is exactly what debating is all about. You have a certain amount of time to make your point and then you have to stop. I can see where that would be an unpleasant idea to you since you have never actually debated before.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #622
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Actually you fucking idiot that is exactly what debating is all about. You have a certain amount of time to make your point and then you have to stop. I can see where that would be an unpleasant idea to you since you have never actually debated before.
I agree! He'd NEVER go for something where someone had the power to silence his lying mouth!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #623
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

dumpy trump has potty mouth disease ~ that's why he spews poop .
Old 10-09-2020, 09:26 PM   #624
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I agree! He'd NEVER go for something where someone had the power to silence his lying mouth!
And you are right; the debate has been canceled because Trump won't participate.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:27 AM   #625
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Scientists Confirm Nevada Man Was Infected Twice With Coronavirus...

A 25-year-old was infected twice with the coronavirus earlier this year, scientists in Nevada have confirmed. It is the first confirmed case of so-called reinfection with the virus in the U.S. and the fifth confirmed reinfection case worldwide. The cases underscore the importance of social distancing and wearing masks even if you were previously infected with the virus, and they raise questions about how the human immune system reacts to the virus.

The two infections in the Nevada patient occurred about six weeks apart, according to a case study published Monday in the medical journal The Lancet. The patient originally tested positive for the virus in April and had symptoms including a cough and nausea. He recovered and tested negative for the virus in May. But at the end of May, he went to an urgent care center with symptoms including fever, cough and dizziness. In early June, he tested positive again and ended up in the hospital.

"The second infection was symptomatically more severe than the first," the authors of the study write. The patient survived his second bout with COVID-19.

This is the second confirmed case of coronavirus reinfection in which the patient was sicker the second time. A patient in Ecuador also suffered a more serious case of COVID-19 the second time they were infected with the virus.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #626
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Covid 19

Apparently they were saying today on the news that the virus can linger in the air a lot longer than was previously believed. I saw our mayor talking without a mask (but away from anyone) put on his mask and walk away. Immediately another speaker came to the mike and took off his mask and began to speak. This occurred several times between speakers in less than a couple of seconds between speakers. You would think these people on the inside would keep up on what's new before they end up with the virus, which I am glad our mayor did not.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #627
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

TRUMP gave his son Barron covid-19 ~ he doesn't even seem to have any remorse still walking around being arrogant. ~ he doesn't fail that every day he gives us another reason to disrespect him even more. Barron is 14 years old ~ they don't know what kind of affect this will have on him in time.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:25 AM   #628
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Fauci on coronavirus herd immunity: 'That is nonsense and very dangerous'....

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Thursday denounced the concept of herd immunity — the notion that if a large enough group of people contract an infection, it will ultimately stop the disease from spreading — calling it “nonsense” during an interview with Yahoo News.

“Anybody who knows anything about epidemiology will tell you that is nonsense and very dangerous,” Fauci said, “because what will happen is that if you do that, by the time you get to herd immunity, you will have killed a lot of people that would have been avoidable.”

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the White House coronavirus task force, discussed the coronavirus pandemic and the country’s response to it during a live interview Thursday morning with Yahoo News Editor in Chief Daniel Klaidman and Chief Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff.

The coronavirus has killed more than 216,000 people in the U.S. and infected almost 8 million, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Now, more than seven months after the coronavirus was declared a pandemic, Fauci said Thursday that the U.S. is not in a good place.

“We talk about a second wave,” he said. “We’ve never really gotten out of the first wave. If you look at the baseline number of daily infections that we have had over the last several weeks, [it’s] been around 40,000 per day. It's now gone up to about 50,000 per day. So right away, we have a very unfortunate baseline from which we need to deal.”
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 09:50 PM   #629
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Good to know 12min.

A professor of fluid dynamics at Cambridge explains (with good thermal visuals) how aerosols move and get distributed, guidelines for indoors/winter.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #630
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Coronavirus case increase sets new U.S. record, rising to 77K in one day..

The U.S. set a record Thursday as the number of new coronavirus cases rose to over 77,000, topping the previous record in July.

Nationwide, 77,640 new cases were reported for the day, up from the previous record of 75,723 on July 29, according to the latest tally compiled by NBC News.

The record-breaking daily tally comes as the total number of coronavirus cases in the country has reached nearly 8.5 million, with 224,280 deaths. There were 921 coronavirus-related deaths reported on Thursday.

Public health officials warned this week that the number of cases is rising across most of the country.

Dr. Jay Butler, deputy director for infectious diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Wednesday afternoon that the agency has noted a "distressing trend" in which coronavirus case numbers are "increasing in nearly 75 percent of the country."

Much of the increase is centered in the Midwest. States like Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin have recorded rises in case numbers in the last two weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #631
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Getting ready to button it up again. Cases around 80k a day, dead 230K or so, no more control over this virus than ever. I think we (collective) are just numb to the numbers and very burned out on all these precautions. Enough time has elapsed to where folks are letting up on the gas and just sort of seeming to give in and become complacent. Me too, I want this over, but even more than that I don't want to get this particular bug. It's nasty and there are a lot of "long-timers" who will suffer with this for who knows how long?

I feel like I'm starting a hibernation when all I want to do is get out a go pretty much anywhere for a change of scenery. I keep telling myself how lucky I am (and I am), how much worse others through history have had lock downs for wars, famine, waiting out calamities much longer and worse than now. I keep telling myself to just buck up for 6 months and no complaining, we should have more answers then.

Housekeeper is here now, will get a haircut this week and stop PT/Massage on Thursday. Yard folks should be done about then too except for no contact maintenance. I think it's going to feel like a long winter, oh well at least I think they will keep the trails and beaches open this time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #632
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci on Thursday denounced the concept of herd immunity — the notion that if a large enough group of people contract an infection, it will ultimately stop the disease from spreading — calling it “nonsense” during an interview with Yahoo News.

“Anybody who knows anything about epidemiology will tell you that is nonsense and very dangerous,” Fauci said, “because what will happen is that if you do that, by the time you get to herd immunity, you will have killed a lot of people that would have been avoidable.”
It's genocide.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #633
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Getting ready to button it up again. Cases around 80k a day, dead 230K or so, no more control over this virus than ever. I think we (collective) are just numb to the numbers and very burned out on all these precautions. Enough time has elapsed to where folks are letting up on the gas and just sort of seeming to give in and become complacent. Me too, I want this over, but even more than that I don't want to get this particular bug. It's nasty and there are a lot of "long-timers" who will suffer with this for who knows how long?
You're right to be cautious. There's evidence that COVID can cause damage to the brain.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #634
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
You're right to be cautious. There's evidence that COVID can cause damage to the brain.
That’s a good article thank you for posting it. Whether it is lungs, heart, or brain I don’t want any of it. I just have to convince myself to stay the course or while longer. Stay safe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #635
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Our Governor is contemplating rolling back to Phase 2 again, which would close entertainment businesses and reduce the percentages of customers that the open businesses can maintain. People have to STOP being selfish and stupid! All those grown ass people need an old fashioned whoopin'. I used to have to go pick my own switch. Maybe a fly swatter or paddle with COVID etched into it. Maybe that would leave a lasting reminder for them then.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #636
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default White House Coronavirus Adviser Warns Of 'Deadly Phase' As Trump Downplays Risks....

Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, urged the Trump administration in an internal memo to take “much more aggressive action” to tackle COVID-19, The Washington Post reported.

“We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic … leading to increasing mortality,” Birx wrote Monday in a report for top White House officials, according to the Post. “This is not about lockdowns — It hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April. It’s about an aggressive balanced approach that is not being implemented.”

Meanwhile, President Donald Trump has continued to downplay the threat of the virus. He has held rallies with hundreds of attendees, many of whom don’t wear masks, and has falsely claimed the ballooning number of COVID-19 cases across the country is due to increased testing. In the lead-up to Election Day, Trump has been campaigning by fearmongering about a “Biden lockdown,” saying there will be “no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas” if his rival wins.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #637
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Fauci warns of covid-19 surge, offers blunt assessment of Trump’s response...

President Trump’s repeated assertions the United States is “rounding the turn” on the novel coronavirus have increasingly alarmed the government's top health experts, who say the country is heading into a long and potentially deadly winter with an unprepared government unwilling to make tough choices.

“We’re in for a whole lot of hurt. It’s not a good situation,” Anthony S. Fauci, the country’s leading infectious-disease expert, said in a wide-ranging interview late Friday. “All the stars are aligned in the wrong place as you go into the fall and winter season, with people congregating at home indoors. You could not possibly be positioned more poorly.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #638
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm just shaking my head now.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/polit...rus/index.html

Ben Carson.....should I say DOCTOR Ben Carson, a Trump supporter, political appointee of the Trump Administration's Housing and Urban Development Secretary, has tested positive for Coronavirus this morning.

For pity's sake, DR. Ben Carson is a medical doctor and a retired neurosurgeon (aka "brain surgeon"). He, of all people, should have really known better than to be sportin' around at Trump rallies, or any other public event without a mask.

See?? It is possible to be well educated and still be an utter dumbass.

I wish him luck.

~Theo~
Old 11-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #639
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

The virus can be maybe not 100% eliminated but with lockdown and govt support working with the community it can be controlled.

Melbourne had 700 case a day and 60 deaths a day in july,it went into hard lockdown for 15 weeks,its now had zero cases 12 straight days and Aust now is living covid free.

It has taken a strong leader in the Premier,to stay the course,follow the medical advice,this is not about pop or being an island,it's putting lives before the stock market,an economy is not a society and letting the scientist guide us to a covid free living until we het a proven vaccine.

If we can spend trillions on wars killing people,ceratainly our demand should be funding people while we are in lockdown to save lives

NZ econmic growth has been strongest growth during this year,becoz she went hard early.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #640
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I do not have any answers to covid...but all i see is more people losing their minds, more and more everyday.

Houston has had 6 murders in 24 hours, over 300 murders in 2020 alone... as well as domestic violence...over 400 strangulations since the start of the pandemic lockdown.

Loss of jobs, major stress and lack of adequate mental health help... things are gonna get worse.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: