Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Lesbian Zone

Old 11-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
blondqtpie

How Do You Identify?:
fem

blondqtpie is on a distinguished road
Cool Age

I am with a beautiful boi that is 14 years my senior. Have known her since I was 20.
Age don't matter !
Love is Love no matter what age.
blondqtpie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blondqtpie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #62
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

i have enjoyed reading such wonderful responses. Thank you all for sharing.

For me maturity level and character are far more important than age. O/our home is poly, so some of the relationships are looser. Ages vary a great deal, half working age and half retired. Home and life is somewhat divided along this framework. W/we retirees are naturally more closely knit. This is not to say there is a gap or breakdown in the relationships with the rest. W/we just spend more time together and have been together longer and this familiarity creates a stronger and lasting bond. W/we know we are together forever and the others may just be passing through. They are very mature and W/we have many common bonds. Age difference has little to do with the relationships.
As W/we share this life together each one fills a different role. It is a happy household. Sometimes the music gets on my nerves.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #63
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

It can be....

That being said if it was rigidly in place, I or my younger sister wouldn't have been born.
On other aspects pertaining life experiences that's where either issues begin or they are worked through.

I have dated younger and older, but more younger - and maturity/wisdom is no where associated with age. Do I prefer someone around my age group +- 5 years yes. However you do not control who you are attracted to. And if the person feels right that's you best gauge to start.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #64
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

it's nice to see that it can be a lovely experience, but it isn't always. I think there is more synergy and safety is being with someone close to your age, with similar experiences, maybe it's not as exciting, but in my experience, kinder. This is based on my experience and observation.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #65
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I think it really depends on the person and who you are. I'm sorta typical for my age in my bracket of friends, but not in the mainstream. None of us own houses or want to, a few of us have kids but the majority don't and don't want them. Most of us have lived in a different country for at least 2-3 years. Many of us have lived and work away for over five.

I get along Best with those who aren't into mortgage, house, car, etc. and that means most people my age in the wider and mainstream see me as immature. I like staying up late, I'm not into aquiring things, I prefer not to have a long range plan in terms of living. I prefer seeing what happens. So I tend to not really fit in with my age group out side of alternative circles and/or lower incomes.

Oddly, I find I attract people five to ten years my senior. But it's never a good match as they want me to move in to theirs house and follow their rules. I've never fully understood it. They see who I am, yet for some reason they want me to be the opposite when it comes to their needs.

I have tried. And maybe, for the right person, it might work. But I don't want to live in the prairies or in the states or up north.

So I find I am taking easier with people in their mid to late twenties. I find them to be a relief to be around. They don't feel quite so constricted by things just yet. Life hasn't quite kicked the shit out if them just yet and they aren't as concerned about security yet. I don't think I could have a relationship with someone in their 20's... Sex and friendship, sure. But if I did commit, it would have to be within a 10-12 year age range.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: