Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How long, on AVERAGE, do you spend on a phone call with a good friend
Under 20 minutes 12 18.75%
Between 21 and 40 minutes 11 17.19%
Between 40 minutes and an hour 19 29.69%
Between an hour and two hours 12 18.75%
Between two hours and three hours 3 4.69%
Between three hours and four hours 0 0%
More than four hours, but less than seven hours 1 1.56%
More than seven hours: after that who can count? 0 0%
I don't have a phone. 0 0%
Other. 6 9.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Phone Poll (Jenny Jenny 867-5309)

How long do you, on average, spend on the phone with a good friend?

So we're clear: this is not applicable to calls made for work.

I am also looking for the median: someone you call on a regular basis, not that person you haven't heard from in 12 years and spend 87 hours talking to.

Last edited by Selenay; 05-26-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,359 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i talk until the phone dies. i'm not a real regular caller, so every call is playing catch up, it seems.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,664 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, me too. A good friend is good til the phone dies....which I discovered last evening was 2.45 hours.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so not at all a "phone talker"... so much they could make a Seinfeld episode about it.

But I guess one exception would be my best friend... and that almost always lasts about 40min. to an hour on a weekly basis.

Metro
Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

[/CENTER]
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?

For the price of a dime I can always turn to you.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say I'm not much of a phone talker. I keep it short and sweet. When I do talk to Mister Bent on the phone it's usually quick, cuz we finish each other sentences. Comes in handy at parties when you are playing charades.

ET: Dude so yesterday---
MB: O yeah, we did that yesterday it was--
ET: I know you are so right, it's crazy cool and then when you--
MB: Turned it over it purred like---
ET: No doubt you'll want to do it again
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

i am not a big phone person (text me about where we can meet to talk in person lol) but i am responding to this thread b/c my "real name" is "Jenny" and i was in 6th grade in 1982 when the song came out...sooo...

how often in my life do you think people have sung that song to me? nope, higher....nope, more than that....nope, still more

lol
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not really a phone person...so it's usually a short conversation to decide when and where we're meeting next.

Now...the conversation over breakfast can go on for hours...
Old 05-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread! I loved that song too. It must be the most popular phone number in the world.

I log lots and lots of hours on the phone. I have spent up to 28 hours on the phone. Plenty of time I have to switch between my cordless and my cell..each twice...

I can talk to my best friend forever AFTER we have spent all day together. We have a lot of important things to discuss. lol.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I cannot even tell you how many people have sung this song to me over the years...

Old 05-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It depends on how sick I am that day.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,941 Times in 4,707 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Log of phone sex between E and Mr. Bent:

ET: Dude so yesterday---
MB: O yeah, we did that yesterday it was--
ET: I know you are so right, it's crazy cool and then when you--
MB: Turned it over it purred like---
ET: No doubt you'll want to do it again
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yes, my love

I strongly dislike yappin on the phone. After about 5 mins if there isnt something to say I would prefer not to hang on and make things up. If I pick up the phone it is because I have something to say or ask.

As I have gotten older yappin on the phone is almost painful. I suppose that is because of years of IT service calls coupled by past years of long distance relationships.

Now that we have Skype, and webcam capabilities. I prefer to use that method of communication over the phone. Mostly because I can see your facial expressions when I ask if you are naked.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bootboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I had to choose other because it really depends on the conversation we're having.
In general because of my hearing, unless the person speaks clearly,
I don't stay on a phone...so, I must have something to talk about.
If I'm talkative, stay with me because it's a rarity
and I must have something to get off my mind.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #17
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Most of my phone calls are long distance: really close friends that I spend about an hour talking to every couple of months. In between we email each other.

My local friends I either see in person or IM. If I talk to them on the phone it's for something really specific, like making plans for one thing or another.

Funny how things change. I used to spend HOURS on the phone!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not much for phone conversations. I say what I have to say and hang up. However OMG if my best friend calls, well just so you know I walked the mall for over an hour one time listening to her gab and all I said was an occasional umm yeah, ok, I know. I was shopping with Mom and she said does that woman ever shut up? LOL She could talk the horns off a billy goat. Thing is she has a brain injury and tells me the same thing over and over. Even if I say umm yeah ya told me that she continues on with her story like she never heard me say that. LOL but I gotta love her.....
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
How long do you, on average, spend on the phone with a good friend?

So we're clear: this is not applicable to calls made for work.

I am also looking for the median: someone you call on a regular basis, not that person you haven't heard from in 12 years and spend 87 hours talking to.
I have a love/hate relationship with my phone. Some days, I hate it and some days I love to hate it.

Honestly, I'm too impatient....unless it's a long time friend and we're catching up or a romantic interest in the beginning, etc....to talk for long on the phone. Texting irritates me too.

I think I've officially entered codgerville.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #20
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

20 min?? jesus that is a lifetime to me... I say.... Say what ya need to cause I have shit to do.. lol
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote