Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #41
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
This goes for milk too. Next time you are at the grocery store, check out the amount of sugar in no-fat, low-fat, and two percent milk and compare it to whole milk. Whole milk has less sugar than any of them. Sad, but true.
Exactly. Same with just about everything. Yogurt, treats, sauces. The list goes on.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #42
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Bagels are usually not the way to go if you are trying to drop sugar unless you have whole wheat or multi-grain ones. When things are low fat, the sugar is amped up to compensate for the lack of fat.
Hhhmmm, now you have me thinking, I may have to look for a different one then, I had a look and the ones I have been having are 3.3g of sugar which label tells me is medium..? 130 cals per bagel. That said I was only having i or 2 per week and no other bread/bakery items. Now I`m hungry !

Daisy
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #43
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
Hhhmmm, now you have me thinking, I may have to look for a different one then, I had a look and the ones I have been having are 3.3g of sugar which label tells me is medium..? 130 cals per bagel. That said I was only having i or 2 per week and no other bread/bakery items. Now I`m hungry !

Daisy
Most important is to remember to stay away from whites. Whites=fat.

Always go with whole wheat or whole multi grain.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #44
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default How depressing is this?!

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 AM   #45
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
*cry*

I love

I do know about the white rice so I go for brown whenever I can but it's still not the greatest option.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #46
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

Kicking the sugar habit is difficult to do.... especially, when i'm dinning out with friends etc. I find that gradually reducing sugar intake is the best way to go and instead of drinking sugary drink, I usually drink mineral water or tea or just plain water. Don't forget to read the Nutrition Facts label!
legally_b10nde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to legally_b10nde For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #47
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I just started reading The Sugar Smart Diet by Anne Alexander and even though I was pretty savvy as to how much sugar is in everything and what names it can be found under, it's incredibly interesting and pretty damn horrifying what sugar and foods that are not sugar but our body responds to them like sugar do to us.

I'm not sure I can follow this 32 day plan exactly but I'm going to give it a try once I've finished the book. We'll see what happens.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: