Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #41
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
the chamomile tea won't make me too sleepy?

I've heard that kava kava can be toxic to the liver. But the studies I've read said the actual root is not toxic to the liver. I guess some farmers or buyers use the stems which is toxic. I take kava kava, and relaxation techniques (deep breathing) positive reinforcers before I give a presentation. The combination really seems to help me.
It should not. But I never say never because people have different reactions to herbs and foods. To date I have not found anyone that it does. In fact many people enjoy it in the morning. Once you get over the hump try adding a little lemon or mint. It has a very calming effect but not sedative.

If you have some depression, imbalances that you feel are causing undue stress then also try taking extra niacin. there is a non-flush version and you can take 2000 mg per day which is over the daily allowance but I promise you it will help.

I have a very stressful life. I don't know how I do it sometimes. Between my farm, my business, family commitments, etc I can get a bit crazy! Wellness means a combination of tools (food, herbs, vitamins, nutrition, exercise and rejuvenation (meditation or prayer) It seems that once one thing goes out of whack there is a domino effect and everything does. Often we are our own worse enemy.

But I do believe natural and holistic should always be the first option. It is for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #42
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wanted to add something about kava kava which is also used for pain, headaches, etc. Like aspirin sometimes you just need to take it but over time it can cause problems. This is also true with certain plants and herbs. If you have a chronic problem you need to address the whole nature of it and not masking the symptoms. One of the downfalls of our society today is that we turn to pharmaceuticals as the quick fix, instance cure without allowing ourselves to see the long term effects this drug will have on our body and organs. Its rare to find a human who says, "I have arthritis and I am working on a long term plan to cure it." instead they will accept that they have a chronic pain issue, take anti-inflammatory drugs that have long term effects on their liver and overall well being. Pain alone can break your body and spirit.

But I do believe that herbs and plants (eating, juicing, whatever) is the key to optimum health and longevity. It's just not always easy to obtain for some or maybe lack of knowledge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #43
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

I have recently had an interest in herbal medicines homeopathy etc. Not for me though for my dog. Harder to find information for treating animals.
My dog is on Reishi 2 caps 2 times a day, Astragalus 2 caps one time per day, Zeolite 13 drops daily, along with Safflower oil 2 times daily. Its quite the concoction but I mix it with soft food(I open the caps and empty them into the mix). I chose these herbs(not sure if that is the correct term) etc for their tumor reducing properties. My dog has had chemo and been in remission for 2 years but recently we believe the cancer has returned. Since chemo isnt as effective the second time around I decided to try a different route. She hasnt been on this long but I figured no harm in trying and I researched and made sure they all are compatible together.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #44
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
I have recently had an interest in herbal medicines homeopathy etc. Not for me though for my dog. Harder to find information for treating animals.
My dog is on Reishi 2 caps 2 times a day, Astragalus 2 caps one time per day, Zeolite 13 drops daily, along with Safflower oil 2 times daily. Its quite the concoction but I mix it with soft food(I open the caps and empty them into the mix). I chose these herbs(not sure if that is the correct term) etc for their tumor reducing properties. My dog has had chemo and been in remission for 2 years but recently we believe the cancer has returned. Since chemo isnt as effective the second time around I decided to try a different route. She hasnt been on this long but I figured no harm in trying and I researched and made sure they all are compatible together.
My favorite local pet store is owned by a lesbian couple that are involved in homeopathic and herbal care for pets. They have a great referral list at the store for accupunturists, herbalists, etc. Also, the store has many products in stock and organic foods, etc. Many books. And the best line of safe pet toys. So far, it has remained open through the recession. My dog would be so upset if it closed. Me too.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #45
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

The lovely thing about natural and herbal medicines are their are so many traditions to draw from, and so many ways to go about healing. Each person has to choose what resonates for themselves. Different cultures can use the same herb in different ways, and get results. I think it has to do with some innate intelligence in the plant itself.

I know herbalists from many traditions, and we can have some interesting conversations about the way we use the same herbs. I think it is these types of conversations that keep the medicine dynamic, alive, and growing. Especially withing the Western herbalist traditions here in America, because it is such a mixing and blending of cultural traditions and backgrounds, so there is a recreation of the medicine in some ways. I think it's beautiful.

On another note, I am experimenting with homeopathic and Bach flower remedied for my pets as well, and find they respond well to it. Pretty cool stuff. I am excited about the way natural medicines are blending into the western Veterinary world. I think in some ways animals like children are easier to treat, because they don't get in the way of their own healing
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #46
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Just a clarification about Kava, I am referring to the eastern energetics, not western views, no offense meant. Stress affects the liver qi, and causes it to rebel and attack other meridians and organs systems, hence the stomach issues that arise following stress. In eastern medicine we would calm and move the liver qi, energetically, not add more stress to it. So many ways to view herbs as I said, and I am not a Western practitioner. What counts, is that it works for you! It's good to see you all sharing. Blessings,
Pashi
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #47
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

cancer is really tough and I lost my Rottie to it. It was painful for both of us. I give my boxer (boxers are prone to cancer) extra Vitamin C. Sometimes its a hard call to decide the right course because you want what is best. I think that if one of my dogs now was diagnosed with cancer I would try the Gerson Therapy which is juicing and veggies along with vitamin therapy. Maybe not pure juicing but smashed up raw organic veggies or whatever I could get them to eat. I don't know if it would work but our systems are a lot a like and I am afraid I'd have to give it a try.

I had another dog who had really bad skin problems with severe outbreaks. She would chew her poor paws raw and bloody. While researching candida for myself it clicked in me the she might have a yeast problem. I treated her with herbs to kill the yeast and changed her diet to raw veggies, boiled chicken and a very small amount of rice. She lost weight but she also cleared her problem. Then slowly we started added a grain free dog food. She had been in and out of vets like crazy taking all kinds of harmful steroids and antihistamines.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #48
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Default love your body~

I just wanted to add one thing here about the use of herbal medicine. While mild conditions such as stress, tummy aches, trouble falling asleep, bruises, etc can be researched and treated easily, there are cautions to consider. Herbal medicine is powerful and effective but the key to treatment is having the correct diagnosis. Often a combination of herbs (always in TCM) is used and you need to understand the relationship each herb has to each other. Some herbs support the actions of other herbs, some cancel or counteract the effects. It is a complicated science. If you are dealing with chronic or complicated conditions, please don't self diagnose. Love your body enough to see a professional. What ever modality you resonate with, see someone, and make sure that you are taking the right combination of herbs or supplements to really get the results you seek. There are tons of alternative therapies, and often these practitioners will work with you even if you have to make some payment arrangement. It takes years to learn to diagnose correctly, and it is difficult for us to see our own blind spots, or to follow an odd group of symptoms to get a clear picture of the core issues.

from the heart,
Pashi

Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #49
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Default DMSO

Has anyone had any experience with DMSO? (Dimethyl sulfide- derived from lignin, the binding substance of trees)

I was introduced to it by one of my massage instructors. She swears by it for many uses. I've been doing some online research (even though you can't always believe what you read online!) and am curious if anyone has any personal experience.

Thanks for any input
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #50
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Subscribing... :-)
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #51
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Giving this thread a shake to wake it up...and a bump to boot!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #52
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I have a request.

Does anyone know of a Holistic Doctor who can treat cats for colon cancer? If they are close or in Denver that would be perfect.

Thank you everyone.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #53
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Sweet Bliss--

Try google-- holistic kitty doctor denver -- many pop up.
I don't live in the area--
We've used in the past a holistic doc for our kitty -- she did wonders.
Good luck!

Thanks Jesse-- for bumping the thread. Gonna subscribe.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #54
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Sweet Bliss- I Googled "Denver holistic veterinarian" and several popped up, but Janice L. Facinelli, DVM stood out the most. Here is the link to her web page: http://www.holisticcareforanimals.com/id14.html

Best wishes for the kitty.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #55
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Ive had a long standing affection for all things herbal. I've always wanted to learn more...and low and behold! There's an herbal school in Ashe ille. Maybe I can take a class sometime
Old 09-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #56
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Sweet Bliss- I Googled "Denver holistic veterinarian" and several popped up, but Janice L. Facinelli, DVM stood out the most. Here is the link to her web page: http://www.holisticcareforanimals.com/id14.html

Best wishes for the kitty.
Thank you Ahk and Jesse!!!

Was so upset yesterday went to bed crying. Couldn't focus on the task.

Big love to you Jesse!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #57
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yes, I do believe you are in the mecca of all things herbal and alternative...at least for the SE. <wiping the envy off of my face.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Ive had a long standing affection for all things herbal. I've always wanted to learn more...and low and behold! There's an herbal school in Ashe ille. Maybe I can take a class sometime
Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #58
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Ginger/Turmeric/Lemon Tea

I am lucky enough to be able to find both roots locally. I can thin slice them, dehydrate and make my own powder, or just grate and strain after steeping. Here, she uses the powder so use what you are able to get.

http://homegrownandhealthy.com/stay-...ld-flu-season/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #59
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
I have a request.

Does anyone know of a Holistic Doctor who can treat cats for colon cancer? If they are close or in Denver that would be perfect.

Thank you everyone.

Sweet Bliss

I would like to share with you a couple of things
that I have done research on as of late.
Being that I have had recent complications with a kitten of mine
(not cancer) but seizures one of the most important things
besides finding a holistic vet is to
make sure your pup/cat is on a complete Grain Free Diet and / or homecooked/raw diet
Remember our animals are carnivores so they love meat.
Raw dieting is good but I don't do it.
I do a grain-free, wet and home cooked meal for my fur kiddos.
If you are using anything like Purina, Beneful, Pedigree or any other foods that don't list meat as a first ingredient...

I suggest getting that in the trash asap!

Add coconut oil to the food about 1-2 tsp a day should do it.
Also, milk thistle.

These are just suggestions and great ideas to implement into foods to give them a good boost on nutrition throughout their lives.

Here are some super amazing websites you can check out!

http://www.bestcatanddognutrition.co...veterinarians/

Also you can find Roger Biduk (the guy who made the website) on facebook. He is always giving awesome tips/suggestions!

Also check out...

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

check out the food your feeding your dog, look at the contents closely and choose something that is within the 4-5 star range.
I am hoping some of this info helps!!
And that your baby is well on the way to better health
If you have any other questions,
please feel free to private message me!

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post: