Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Scars Character or battle scars?

Scars give character... Ever notice that when you are around friends that your scar becomes the theme to battle stories? For example, I have a scar on my forehead, and my friend says how did you get that? I say, I was surfing and hit the reef and the board knocked me out. My friend says well I was surfing a huge wave and I got wiped out and broke my ankle. Others say; Well it gives you character!

I have a the scar on my forehead from surfing and two weeks later I was a passenger in a car and I hit it open again on the windshield.

I have a entrance and exit scar right below my chest of a bullet hole because I couldn't jump fast enough out of the way of an angry drunk shot gun.

I have a scar on the right side of my head from a branch that pierced my motorcycle helmet and lodged into my skull.

I have a long scar on my left knee from a shot putt from high school.

I have a scar on my right knee from a knee scope that the pulled out broken bones from.

And this is just some of the "Character" That I have on my body. Anyone want to share there battle scars?
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have My own set of battle scars, and I agree that they give you character but also for Me they tell a story of how we as human beings have gone through alot in life and are still here to tell people about our lives!

My battle scars include:

~ My left knee from when I fell running in kindergarten and split it open right down to the bone

~ My left arm, very faded mind you, from the first and only time I ever self-harmed

~ My stomach, from the middle to the right side just under My chest, from My recent gallbladder surgery plus a small one around My belly button from the first time they took it out

Thank you for starting this thread Blaze, I think its a great idea
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a scar on my forehead from chicken pox.

Tiny scars on my face from not being able to leave acne alone (sensing a theme here about not being able to keep my hands off of my face yet?).

A scar on my upper lip from my cousin throwing an opened old Folgers coffee can at me. The serated edge tore my lip up.

There's a scar on my arm from a series of shots I received as a child.

I have, literally, hundreds to tiny scars on my hands from the jobs I've done as well as being a general clutz. Oh, and there's the time I took a pair of scissors to my hands and gave myself about 50 paper cuts.

There is a faint, have to squint and know it's there to make it out, scar on my arm from a fight with a girl named Keisha. She had braces and bit me.

I have a scar from my kidney surgery when I was 5 that is on my lower abdomen. It's a jacked up, crooked, toked looking smiley face.

Most of my scars are from the hips up, but I have a few odd ones on my legs as well. I've been fortunate not to break a lot of bones and do a lot of stupid things that resulted in scars. Not that I haven't done a lot of stupid things; they just didn't result in a lot of scarring.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

My scars are not visible, for they are not on my body, they are in places few get to see.

These cars have given me plenty of character, but I doubt they will be the talk of any party.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I have a faint scar over one eye from when I was about 2-3 and I poked a Saint Bernard in the eye.

I have a scar on my right hand from when my mom pulled a coat hanger out of my hand.

I have a scar on my left calf from where a dog bite me while I was walking along the street.

I have a scar on my right leg from when I went down a street late one night (or early morning, depending on your view) and I tried to avoid a drunk pedestrian while I was on my bike. I went sliding along the pavement.

I have a new scar from when I went for a walk a couple of weeks ago and slipped on some rocks.

Some scars are character builders; some are battle scars; some are reminders of a painful past.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

I've got two or three that invoke questions from time to time and far too many others to mention the details one by one...I'm just full of character.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

i have one scar, my first surgery in transition
by years end i will have 2 more for my chest surgery.

character for me. self containing. being true to myself.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

today ez and i saw this license plate: SCARIE
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Scars give character... Ever notice that when you are around friends that your scar becomes the theme to battle stories? For example, I have a scar on my forehead, and my friend says how did you get that? I say, I was surfing and hit the reef and the board knocked me out. My friend says well I was surfing a huge wave and I got wiped out and broke my ankle. Others say; Well it gives you character!

I have a the scar on my forehead from surfing and two weeks later I was a passenger in a car and I hit it open again on the windshield.

I have a entrance and exit scar right below my chest of a bullet hole because I couldn't jump fast enough out of the way of an angry drunk shot gun.

I have a scar on the right side of my head from a branch that pierced my motorcycle helmet and lodged into my skull.

I have a long scar on my left knee from a shot putt from high school.

I have a scar on my right knee from a knee scope that the pulled out broken bones from.

And this is just some of the "Character" That I have on my body. Anyone want to share there battle scars?
I have just one word for you, friend: Insurance.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #10
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

I generally don't think I have a lot of physical scars, but then I just took a good look and realize I might be wrong about that.

Face/head:
  • I have a scar above my lip from when I was a kid and scratched my face with a sharp nail.
  • I have a scar on my lip from when I tried to hold a cat too tightly.
  • I have an inch+ long scar under my left eye from getting hit in the face with a softball.
  • My hair hides a scar I received in an attempt to intervene in a domestic dispute.

Arms:
  • I have tons of scar tissue on my elbows from playing sports when I was younger. There was lots of sliding, whether intentional or not.
  • On the inside of my right wrist I have a scar from a silly/fun night at the circus which ended with my wrist being impaled on a Cadillac antenna.
  • On the back of my left hand I have a series of battle scars that run up and down the hand.
  • On my left forearm I can just make out the scar from a bicycle accident years and years ago.

Legs:
  • Random scar tissue from sports.
  • Over my right kneecap there is a scar from the day I fell "up" the stairs in high school. Nasty stuff. I went to the restroom and pulled down my jeans and my kneecap came with it. *shudder*

Torso:
  • Chickenpox scars.
  • Just above my breast there is another scar from a cat.
  • And my work of art scar, the one only a select few have seen... a surgical scar from one hip to the other at the "bikini line".
Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I have just one word for you, friend: Insurance.
Lol, well insurance helped on some, Military helped on others. The rest, well....

When I was around 7 years old my right ear was completely bitten off by a Dog because I threw his ball that he had in his mouth. But they did sew it back on, with the help of leaches it actually got back to circulating again, so my ear is still there.

I have 2 toes that were cut off in high school metal shop, but once again, a class mate threw them in a cooler and the Army hospital sew them back on,

And that's just for starters lmao...

Last edited by Blaze; 06-05-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Lol, well insurance helped on some, Military helped on others. The rest, well....

When I was aroung 7 years old my right ear was completely bitten off by a Dog because I threw his ball that he had in his mouth. But they did sew it back on, with the help of leaches it actually got back to circulating again, so my ear is still there.

I have 2 toes that were cut off in high school metal shop, but once again, a class mate threw them in a cooler and the Army hospital sew them back on,

And that's just for starters lmao...
Dude.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Lets see about my scars...I have one on my calp from haveing a bb cut out by the er doc when I was 5.
My upper lip has one from me being an ass and being bitten by a dog at age 6..moral of this story is dont play with dogs u dont know.
There are multiple burn/cut scars on my arms/hands from many years of being a chef,also one of my fingers got the tip cut off in a meat slicer..ouch.They did get it back on tho.
On my knees I have several scrape scars from hitting barrels when I was rodeoing,cuts from barb wire fences.
Ant lastly on my left foot where a horse steped on my foot when he fell at the track and steped on me with toe grabs on his hoofs when he got up,it also broke near every bone ion said foot and ankle...
And how could I ever forget, the hysto scar than runs straight down my gut.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #14
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Scar on 1st knuckle of right hand from bicycle fender. Scar on right ring finger from hatchet. Scar on upper right middle finger from my cat Sunny bunny kickin me. Surgery scars on chest. Surgery scar at belly botton and 2 on lower abdomen from LAVH. Scar on crown of noggin from falling board in my Dads shop. Workin on a good one now on my right ankle from gashing it last Saturday.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #15
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

SCARS I OWN

Body:

*Top Surgery and Recent Cancer Scare

*Hysto. Surgery (I felt like I was gutted like a pig)

*Chix Pox Scars all over my body because I had it when I was 28 yo

*Arms, Legs, and Hands from various sports injuries

*Chin Scar from when I walked thru a screen door and fell down 3 steps

*Scars from shots I got as an infant

*Nasty Scar on my left index finger when I cut it with the lawn mower blade

*Nasty Scar on my right hand from when I sanded my skin when I was trying to paint the fence & deck (man did that hurt something fierce)

*Scar on my left ankle when I tripped backwards while fishing

Mental:

*Too much from childhood trauma, living with tbi and asperger's

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

OH those mental scars..I do have a fue of those as well.One thing I have managed to deal with as I have aged is over time they or some dont matter as much as they once did as in one way or another I reclaimed my power over them.But there are some that as hard as I try dont stay burried deep enought for me to file them away in the "go away zone",these are the ones that are mosr recent over the last fue years,im still working on them for the most part its geting better but may never completly go away.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I have stitches on the top of my head from when I was about 5. I apparently pulled on an iron cord and the iron landed on my head. (yeah, yeah, no comments please).

I have a scar on my neck from surgery. A bad case of strep throat veered off and became a serious neck infection. They had to drain it to remove the infection before it reached my heart. I affectionately refer to it as my "frankenfemme" scar.

I have a tiny scar on my left thumb from when my dad accidentally cut my finger while I was holding a loaf of bread for him. The running joke in my house shortly afterwards was that my dad was trying to make us look like twins. (He was missing his left hand) (We have a sick sense of humor).

I have a very faint scar on my right arm from when I punched through double paned glass. Originally it was about 8 inches long, but now you can barely see it. (Don't ask).

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have 2 8" scars of which I am most proud:

~The one from navel to the top of my hairline which opened me up to bring Melody Claire into the world.

~The other is across my lower abdomen which allowed Erin Parker to discover the world.

The other tiny scars are insignificant and unimportant compared to my two favorite ones.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #19
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My knees are both all scarred up from a total of 5 surgeries, including 3 arthroscopies (left has had 2, right has had 1), a major reconstruction on the left, and both knees have now had total joint replacement. I also have 3 inch scars on the outside of both ankles from where I had congenital Haglund's Deformities corrected. I also have 2 small scars, one on my right rib and the other a little right of my spine, where I had 2 lipomas (cysts) surgically removed. Of course, now I also have two long scars across my chest, which are fading out nicely, from my top surgery, a year ago.

Then I have a long horizontal scar on my right lower abdomen from an appendectomy in '83.

~Theo~
Old 06-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #20
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any battle or otherwise scars, I try to make a habit of not hurting me and certainly not drawing blood on myself.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yall do remember the "My first stitches story" that happened in April right? LOL I'll relay more battle wounds later.

Good topic Blaze, I think this what you describe is actually called "two ships passing in the night" where you are telling a story about your scar and people aren't really listening to you they are already planning their part of the conversation although it is only in a small way relative to your story. This was an exercise we used in some of my psych classes. To help us learn to be better listeners.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: