Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #61
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I typically do not keep scars. I have one on the inside of my left ring finger. I managed to get that mark this pas tJanuary when I was sick with the flu. Boiling hot soup + vertigo = third degree burn. It is fading so unless I show you the line, you may not notice it.

I have a bikini line scar from 3 C-sections and a hysterectomy. My OB-GYN closed me internally with steri-strips so this scar is flush with the skin and barely discolored. It is very sensitive though.

I also have a few intended scars from the artistic cuttings I have had done in the last year and a half.

BUT, since I do not keep scars, two are faded to the point you cannot see them-maybe if I point them out. I have one, a butterfly, that has been cut three time-most recently in March and it is fading. The most recent, a vine with a rose, was done in June so it is still clearly visible. However, she cut deeper with the vine/rose and went over it more times than she did with the butterfly.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #62
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I was just talking to T about this, this morning...

I have scars that I hate. One is an appendectomy scar and the other from cysts that I had. They make me insecure. But T says they tell about me...
I am working on being ok with them...Wish I didnt scar so easy
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #63
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, now I'm adding the Fire Ant scars on my feet and legs, these I call Battle scars because they sure hurt and on some of them even when I tried to pull them off, their head broke off! Ouchhhhhhh This year their out with a vengeance and no matter how hard you try to get rid of them, they just move! From one side of the house to the other, from one yard and back.

Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #64
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:
found my vibrational match

Thanked 1,214 Times in 281 Posts
LadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST Reputation
Default Scars

*right heel - at three I was riding on the back of a bicycle, got my barefoot caught in the spokes, broke my little leg in three places, and almost completely severed my heel
*left eye, at 5, fell out of car
*Chicken Pox vaccination
*hand - using a sharp object to cut out a design on a piece of rubber - slit the skin area between thumb and pointer finger - didn't bleed that much, and it looked rather oddly cool to see the muscle below the slash.
*right foot - walking to the pool, barefoot, stepped on a broken coke bottle, felt it stick, but didn't look down, tried to kick it off, and jabbed it into the ground and my foot.
Now, the only place I DON'T wear shoes is in my own shower.
*hand - many years ago, Hardee's gave out free Looney Tune glasses, one night while washing my favorite Tweetie glass, it popped open and sliced the inside of my hand.
*stomach - c-section - they opened me up and gifted me with a beautiful baby daughter
*lower back - blown disc - working out, tried to push too many pounds with my thighs
*Neck - Hit from behind in my car had to have surgery to correct blown disc -
LadyRieinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyRieinAL For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #65
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

not all scars are external and some of those are often a grim reminder of dark days. Whatever the case they are part of us.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #66
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{dee}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}...true dat!!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #67
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
not all scars are external and some of those are often a grim reminder of dark days. Whatever the case they are part of us.
True...i certainly have my share of inner scars...many from really ugly, trauma...but you know what? If i were ever offered the chance i would never trade or erase any because they made me who i am...especially the ones that crushed me, tried to break me or nearly killed me.

It isn't easy but i turned them around - my own type of scar revision if you will...i forgave and, in some cases, continue to forgive. I brought that darkness out into the light and, with loving intent, use it for good...to help people and in my life in general for it's from that deep well where i draw my inner strength...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #68
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have a scar going across the bridge of my nose from a cat that scratched me!

I have three scars on my left knee from knee surgery

I have a scar on my left knuckle from a speed shaving incident, lol. Don't know how it happened but it bleed for like 2 days, lol.

I have another scar of my left hand from touching the top of the toaster oven

That's about it! :-)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #69
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation

My list is short and boring, but it is mine none the less.....

1. 5 year old Nekohl flips the porch swing backwards and lands on her chin. Good for 4 little stitches.

2. 13 year old Nekohl gets the chicken pox. And so, not only was I the fat kid with the funny last name, now also with HUGE poc marks on my face. Lol huge deal to adolescent angsty me, not a huge deal to grown up awesome me.

2. 20 year old Nekohl furiously carving and sculpting with knives. Knife slips and lands into the medial side of my thigh just above the knee. I pulled it out, wiped off the blood and kept creating. (May or may not have been in an "altered" state, it was college after all)
Later, once I had finished with my sculpture, I realised that I had blood running all down my leg and over my foot. Quite a mess. Probably should have gotteon a stitch or two for that one.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #70
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I’m scared on my on my legs, arms and hands from Kitties scratches since childhood.

I have a scar on my left Knee from a torn Cartilage at the age of 12 and an on my Abdomen from having my Appendix out at the age of 16.

I have a scar on my left thumb where a broken plate went through to the bone at the age or 20.

I have a Keloid scar on my left shoulder from when I fell against a rock on the beach at the age of 19.

The largest scaring I have, are one my legs from second and third degree burns when a log exploded in the fire and shot flaming wood pieces across the living room when I was 6 years old. They have faded a lot with moisturising, yet, can be seen when the sun shines on my legs.

I have internal scars; most have faded with time and healing, but a couple never will…

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #71
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
True...i certainly have my share of inner scars...many from really ugly, trauma...but you know what? If i were ever offered the chance i would never trade or erase any because they made me who i am...especially the ones that crushed me, tried to break me or nearly killed me.

It isn't easy but i turned them around - my own type of scar revision if you will...i forgave and, in some cases, continue to forgive. I brought that darkness out into the light and, with loving intent, use it for good...to help people and in my life in general for it's from that deep well where i draw my inner strength...
Thanks, Miss Scarlett, that was put beautifully.

There is a sentence in my recovery that promises me that, if I do the work that I need to, "I will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it".

That promise has come true for me. And for my own internal scars.
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #72
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

What a great thread Thank you Blaze, for leading me here!

I guess I will start top to bottom, since I have no chronological memory....

My left eyebrow has a scar from 3 stitches I received as a result of falling off a hassock onto a wood floor when I was about 8.

My bottom lip has a scar from 2 stitches I received at age 3 as a result a fall from the kitchen chair I was playing on (while watching my mom make pancakes) and landing on an old metal heater

I have a scar on my nose where my cat scratched me because I was wearing a towel on my head (after a shower) and it freaked her out...I was a teenager then

I have a chicken pock scar on my chest from having the chicken pox when I was 12

My left inner elbow has a scar where I needed stitches after having a glass window break on my arm. It was my own fault lol I was pressing on the glass to open the window since I couldn't reach the sash. My gram told me it would break some day....I just wanted fresh air while I watched Saturday morning cartoons...That one was the coolest to me...I had a huge gash and on the way to the hospital, my mom told me keep it covered with the face cloth...but the bleeding stopped and I could look in the big gaping hole and see tendons and stuff...shoulda known then that health care awaited me lol

I have small scar in the middle of my right hand where I interrupted a dog fight with our Mastiff...and he didn't know my hand was there and he bit down. I couldn't feel my hand for 3 days....but that's the only scar from that...

I have scar on my left ring finger from trying to catch a falling coffee mug that I was washing....didn't quite make it.

I have a scar on my RIGHT ring finger from trying unsuccessfully to extricate my cat from a pit bulls mouth. The only thing I could think of was to activate his gag reflex by sticking my fingers down his throat, but he just bit down harder... that one still makes me sad...

I have a small scar on my belly button that I THINK happened when I was very pregnant for my oldest daughter. My belly was huge and I was forever bumping into things..and I'm pretty sure I burned my belly on the stove...but I don't feel pain like other people...so...I don't know for sure

I have another scar from chicken pox on my thigh...

I have a scar from stitches on my right ankle. When I was little I was playing around the metal hatchway cellar door (after my dad told me not to) and it fell on me and pierced the skin...I'm lucky it didn't break my leg.

I'm sure there's many others...those are the most obvious and memorable...
Old 10-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #73
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

duh....

I forgot 2....

Left wrist, I had surgery to remove a ganglion cyst...I wear a bracelet on that arm pretty much always now...it's an ugly scar...

Left forearm...I have a burn scar that will always remind me of when I worked at Dunkins..... yay
Old 10-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #74
Venus

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Venus is on a distinguished road

I have a c-section scar and I'm thankful for it since the emergency c-section was the only way to get my baby out and safe his life.
Also I have several little scars on my arms from kitty scratches...
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #75
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I have many scars from accidents and surgeries, both old and new. My catastrophic motorcycle accident in April of 2011 left me with some very serious injuries from which I am now, (miraculously), almost 100% healed. I've had seven major surgeries since then. I go right back to riding and working after each and every surgery, usually in a fraction of the projected healing time, so I feel as if I should have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. That doesn't stop me from obsessing about the changes to my pelvic bone structure on the right side where I sustained all that breakage from blunt force trauma. Plus the two long scars on my hip and right thigh. The scars are surprisingly delicate and flat looking, but I always notice them right after I notice the strange shape of my right ilium whenever I look in the mirror. It makes sense since I'm a sculptor, but I'm also obsessional.

There's one scar on my body that I deliberately asked for. The fact that I had nine significant breaks in my lumbar spine as a result of that catastrophic accident, but had no injury whatsoever to my spinal cord, is truly miraculous. Every single medical professional who has seen the films and/or the report has asked me how it's possible that I'm standing. My answer each time is that it's a miracle. I never want to forget to be grateful or to take it for granted.

I asked a friend to do a cutting in a spiral flame pattern over the area on my lower back where I failed to sustain an injury to my spinal cord. I wanted a scar, but no colour change. I made the drawing, and she felt a strong connection to it. That was important to me since she's both an accomplished artist and an Apache Medicine Woman. She wore her ceremonial buckskin, said prayers, and made offerings when she made the cutting. It healed instantly with almost no scarring. Of course. The second time she went over it the scar remained more visible. I really want to notice it whenever I look at my back in the mirror. I may soon ask her to go over it a third time.