Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I think acupuncture rocks. I have an old friend that used to live in MD and when she first started she would take her table and travel to a residence. She also did acupuncture on animals. I used to fly to MD a couple times a month on weekends(back in the days of cheap flights) and she'd take care of my migraines and stomach problems. First she'd do something and check my aura before she'd start. She has since moved from MD and has opened her own place where she now lives. If it wasn't for the expense right now, I'd give her a call and ask her to look me up someone I could trust where I live. Long short of it, acupuncture helped me. It may not work for everyone though.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #22
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Doggie Do

My Ex found acupuncture worked for ear and neck pain. She was diagnosed with severe hyperacousis and tinnitis after blowing out her ears in front row seating at a Cyndi Lauper Concert, and had a neck injury years ago. Now, if she is just feeling icky, gets a cold, or misc. pains , she returns to her acupuncturist.

I had a neighbor who took her dachshund to an acupuncturist versus having back surgery on her long weenie dog. IT worked, doggie was able to stand and walk better..

As for me, I love my Chiro Gyro.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #23
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I absolutely LOVE it.....it is so relaxing and calming....
Who KNEW having 2 dozen needles in one's body could be so liberating! It is an amazing process.....

I took the nap, TOO!

~Diva
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #24
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

i been thinking about doing this... and been reading a lot of your postings here ..
a lot of you here know about my hair problem and ..... some high stress i go thru . i also ...... take meds for high blood pressure......
now my ? is......
how many times do i need to go to get results at 1st???
since im on the road a lot.....
next yr when i get my tax returns im planing on investing in a mini van and doing courior work...and wil be able to do my art.... and the big plus i will be home everyday.. wooHoo.. have my life back. it is a plan......
soo im guessing i may need to wait till then to do this??
id like to get started on this soon....

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I have used it to treat unbalanced Chi. I had odd symptoms without any real organic cause. I found it to be very helpful. I used accupressure and breath work, it helped to eventually elimate my problem. And it never came back.

I use accupressure with my patients, especially those with mental illness, such as schizophrenia and MPD (or DID). It helps to ease the mental tension as well as lessen the negative feedback of our ever present negative critic. I would recommend either to anyone.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #26
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dusting off the thread

I have been getting acupuncture for the past few weeks. I started because I was in pain (neck, shoulder wrist) and wasn't getting relief through medication. Chiropractic helped the neck but not completely.

I have mixed feelings. I think I have been getting relief, but I have so many other things going on physically it is hard to focus on the issue at hand. I would love to hear more about what other people are experiencing.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #27
Daktari

Acupuncture worked for me in a big way when I first got sober. Totally manic, unable to sleep and other such lovely stuff that goes along with detoxing and being newly sober
I went to a local alcohol/drug service where they offered acupuncture.
Initially quite sceptical I found myself blissed out and sleeping soundly for the first time in years. It was a significant effect and I wanted more, of course
Sadly the funding for the acupuncture service was withdrawn shortly after I discovered how wonderful it was.
I wouldn't hesitate to try it again if income allowed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #28
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

I've tried acupuncture about a year ago to help with knee pain. It didn't hurt and it seemed to help. The only issue was that my insurance didn't cover it, so I paid a sliding scale reduced fee.

I would definitelty recommend it and would go back, if ever needed.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #29
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

I used it many years ago for pain control. It worked for that very well.

The acupuncture could not "repair" the damage so my end result was several surgeries.
After the surgeries I went back for acupuncture to help with the pain and it worked very well.

My treatment with my acupuncturist included a tens unit, heat, ice and light massage.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #30
Jennabelle

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Jennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST ReputationJennabelle Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE acupuncture, too! I was treated for pain & fatigue & felt improvement within hours after my first treatment. I feel asleep too, but I'll admit needles in on or in my ear kind of hurt a bit (felt like a mild tiny pinch). the needles in the rest of my body I couldn't feel. I recommend finding your nearest acupuncture school & going there since the rates are so much cheaper. All the students who work on clients are in their final year & are accompanied by a teacher. I paid just $15 per session. Further, most schools give discounts for elderly or disabled.
Jennabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #31
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I love acupuncture.
I stopped going to western medicine because of misdiagnosis back in 2006. I started acu in the year 2008 and haven't stopped. I know I have an autoimmune issue but I don't believe in masking the disease with drugs. I feel that acu helps with the whole body-- if one thing is off, it causes a domino effect and other parts of our body feels it. If you are deficient in way or another, there is a reason--.
I have gone to acu for back pain, being sick (common cold, flu, bronchitis), depression, joint pain, lack of sleep, no appetite-- and I still believe in it.
I am a strong believer in herbs too-- there are some great remedies and if you work with a good acupuncturist, ask them about herbs that could possibly help you out.
And as I would like to mention one thing-- it takes time. Don't expect it to work over night-- remember your body is like an onion, many layers. Don't expect a quick fix like western medicine (take this pill to take this pill to take this pill to "help" your symptom).

Mel C. - Could you share with us what your mixed feelings are?

Last edited by ahk; 09-26-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: subscribing
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2014, 05:07 AM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel C. View Post
I have been getting acupuncture for the past few weeks. I started because I was in pain (neck, shoulder wrist) and wasn't getting relief through medication. Chiropractic helped the neck but not completely.

I have mixed feelings. I think I have been getting relief, but I have so many other things going on physically it is hard to focus on the issue at hand. I would love to hear more about what other people are experiencing.
I've had some medical issues the past few weeks myself that have caused me to look outside of my 'normal' options. I've invested in chiropractic and massage therapy and both have had success but I'm also interested in acupuncture, especially since this is going to be a chronic issue for me and I'd rather stay outside of a hospital or typical doctor's office if I can.

Let us know how it goes!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote