Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-31-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Default Products: BFP version of Consumer Reports

As I age, my skin becomes dryer. And, some of it is due to the fact that my store has no air conditioning and I am in a sauna now for 6 - 10 hours a day. I was wondering what I could use on my face, my legs, and my feet. My old products just dont work. And I dont shop. But many people on the planet do and you know the best in quality and perhaps in price as well.

So I propose that people can post what they want help with, and people chime in with their experience and opinions. We dont have to stay on one line of product...we can do several at a time. That is, if there is any interest.

Like, nail polish remover. Is there any difference between the brands? And is the dippy kind better or does it last longer than the bottle kind?

EX:

cigars. Lighters. Coffee makers. Bras. boxers. Art supplies. soaps. Vaccums for houses with dog hair. arthritis medicine. Motorcycles. nail polishes. Roses. gas stations.

you get the idea...

so, what brand of skin softener, hydrate do you like for face, legs and feet?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

products by Nevia work for me
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post

Curel for body
Dove bar soap
Body Shop Body Butter at night on feet
I use a light moisturizer (Olay regenerist) for my face

Does anyone have a recommendation for mascara?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I have used Voluminous by Loreal (very black, curved brush!) for years and love it.

I recently decided to go back to using Dior Show just to change it up and love it as well. It's a lot more expensive than Voluminous ($25 versus $7) but the brush makes my lashes fat and happy!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
Curel for body
Dove bar soap
Body Shop Body Butter at night on feet
I use a light moisturizer (Olay regenerist) for my face

Does anyone have a recommendation for mascara?
I have non existant eyelashes.... and my favorite mascara is Falsies Volume Express (in a purple tube) by Maybelline. Yeah, it's only about $6 at Walmart
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I have totally abandoned wearing mascara because I have yet to find one that doesn't smudge. I have oily skin, tear up frequently and rub my eyes a lot....so, yea, my fault!

Anybody know of a totally absolutely "I don't care what you do" smudge-proof mascara?

And, on the moisturizer question....I've always found that the Olay products work really well and are not badly priced.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I use Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty line of skin creams and cleansers. Have for years. The mask is amazing. Their night cream is heavenly. Not heavy, easy to put on and makes my face so soft in the mornings.

At night for a body lotion i use Johnson and Johnson's Night Time lotion. It's the one to put on babies so they sleep through the night. It has lavender in it for relaxation. Since i've been using this, i swear i sleep better at night.

Blush...my recommendation for mascara is Christian Dior Eye Care. I don't wear it daily but i do if i go out or something....If you look around you can get it at a discount. Here is one link....

http://www.shop.com/Beauty/dior+show+mascara

When i wear it, i have peeps ask if i have on falsies. It extends your lashes to an amazing length. Great product.

GREAT THREAD!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
Daktari

As an aging poof I look after my skin and I make my own skin stuffs.

Once upon a time I met a woman who was browsing skin products alongside me (and an ex) in a major high street shop. As we spoke it became clear that this lovely lady was far older than she appeared. I was genuinely shocked to hear that she was in her 80s! Her secret, she told me, was application of her moisturizer of choice (Nivea Q10), at intervals throughout the day and night. A particular example I recall was that when she awoke for a pee in the night she'd do the moisturizer thang.

Anyhoo, back to the crux of the matter.

Oils are where it's at for me. I've tried everything from regular e.v olive oil, avocado oil et al. Recently I've been using a version of Bio Oil called Rescue Oil. It's base is apricot oil. Another one I've found most recently is a 'mums' oil for pregnant mums tums ...yup you read that correctly . It's a fantastic mix of grapeseed, coconut, argan, rosehip and wheatgerm oils. I now mix the Rescue and Tum oils, love the result and use it on face and body.

For those who can afford it I recommend pure argan oil, a product of morocco and fantastic stuff. Beware of fakes on the internet though.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Mascara wise I love Diorshow I use the lash primer(Diorshow Maximizer) as well and it looks amazing.

As for skin I am a Philosophy girl. The purity cleanser is out of this world and the Miracle Worker line has brought my skin back to life. If you are looking for some hydration I suggest When hope is not enough or Hope in a Jar moisturizer by Philosophy.

Another awesome and wonderfully hydrating product that is good for anti aging as well is Peter Thomas Roth Dragon Blood. This is a miracle worker and can be applied under anything.

You can try both the Philosophy and Dragons Blood by going into Sephora and asking to sample both. They will give you some to go.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Once upon a time I met a woman who was browsing skin products alongside me (and an ex) in a major high street shop. As we spoke it became clear that this lovely lady was far older than she appeared. I was genuinely shocked to hear that she was in her 80s! Her secret, she told me, was application of her moisturizer of choice (Nivea Q10), at intervals throughout the day and night. A particular example I recall was that when she awoke for a pee in the night she'd do the moisturizer thang.

A resounding yes to this....frequent application of moisturizer is key. My grandmother made it to 73 with barely a wrinkle on either face or hands....and she swore by moisturizer at least morning and night, and preferably a couple times in the middle too.

She also kept hand lotion on her kitchen sink, bedside table, bathroom, etc. Anytime she passed a bottle, she applied it.

Even though she lived in Florida and was an avid gardener, her skin was gorgeous thanks to these habits (and wearing a hat, always), even without buying expensive products.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
Mascara wise I love Diorshow I use the lash primer(Diorshow Maximizer) as well and it looks amazing.

As for skin I am a Philosophy girl. The purity cleanser is out of this world and the Miracle Worker line has brought my skin back to life. If you are looking for some hydration I suggest When hope is not enough or Hope in a Jar moisturizer by Philosophy.

Another awesome and wonderfully hydrating product that is good for anti aging as well is Peter Thomas Roth Dragon Blood. This is a miracle worker and can be applied under anything.

You can try both the Philosophy and Dragons Blood by going into Sephora and asking to sample both. They will give you some to go.
I've heard amazing things about Hope in a Jar!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I have non existant eyelashes.... and my favorite mascara is Falsies Volume Express (in a purple tube) by Maybelline. Yeah, it's only about $6 at Walmart
Yeah, I don't have eyelashes either! Thanks for the recommendation!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i've never found an over the counter moisturizer i like, so i stick to frag-free curel lotion for my body and coconut oil for my face as a makeup remover/moisturizer. the frag-free curel still has some neurotoxic chemicals in it so i'm hoping to switch to shea butter soon and see if that works better.

i also do face/body scrubs with ground rice and oil, and masks with avocado, honey, and whatever other ingredients i happen to have on hand. putting coconut oil on hands and feet and covering with gloves or socks can help with deep moisturizing.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

for comfy white t's I'm thinking I like Hanes best. I'm just saying.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I looked it up for you as I am a subscriber. In 2011 Consumer Reports did a study and Cetaphil was the #1 body moisturizer ($.66/oz.) Eucerin was #2 ($.70/oz) and Aveeno was #3 ($.56/oz).

The prices are just an FYI, they are not part of the rating system.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

<snip>

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i've never found an over the counter moisturizer i like, so covering with gloves or socks can help with deep moisturizing.
thanks aishah....in most Walmarts here and most drug stores, there are both socklets and gloves to use for overnight moisturizing. I can't remember if the gloves are, but I do know the socklets are impregnated with a product to help moisturize the feet over night...as an aside, I have even seen them in the BiLo grocery stores locally!
A pair of plain white, thin cotton gloves can be used after applying Vaseline liberally to one's hands to help soften them overnight, too....had a friend who did that for years...she would buy a box of disposable, thin white cotton gloves...her hands were like velvet!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I remember my mom recommending vaseline with white cotton socks overnight. I guess she did (does?) it periodically.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I found something called utter butter..yeah I know...but my hands get really dryed out with all the hand washing I do..works great.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I have used every moisturizer in the book (or at least feel like I have) and I can say that I skim a coat of Cetaphil on my face every morning. It works as well as way more expensive brands. I do, however, love me some Origins products if I wanna splurge!

I LOVE shea butter for body lotion. It is a super heavy moisturizer but you can use it in your hair and basically everywhere.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

This maybe a good place to remind everyone, including myself, that what we put on our skin is absorbed, at least in part, into our tissues, deep tissues and then blood stream.

Remember that our skin is the largest organ and is permeable to all chemicals. Reading the contents of lotions, oils, soaps is confusing but the milder and the more organic the better. There are tons of carcinogens out there to watch for.

Putting anything on our skin, including sun tan oils, is the same as sticking some of it in our veins.

Something i tend to let slide, and really we shouldn't.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: