Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,406 Times in 6,747 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
I think I am in the same place in life. I once wanted someone to be absolutely perfect or absolutely perfect for me, which meant the same thing. Does this 'soul mate' exist? For me, it has been yes and no. No one is going to meet my every want/need/desire/dream. And honestly, I'm not sure I want them to. I honor and value my own evolution as a person. I also believe strongly in valuing my partner's evolution. So, what are qualities that seem at first to be negatives or undesired traits, I would not necessarily peg as deal-breakers anymore. My deal-breakers are my only list now. I am a very different woman than I was 20 years ago. I hope to be different 20 year from now. Who would have knocked my socks off at 20 is not who knocks my socks off now. So, I have learned to be more fluid in my expectations. Does this mean I settle? Maybe. But, I think only if I feel I am settling.

Love your comments! The word settling is such loaded word..what is wrong with settling for the right reasons? I think it is very rare to find the someone who has all our bells and whistles and oftentimes the person we choose who we think has all the important ones we find is not what we needed most..or wanted for that matter. Earth life tends to be lead in the fast lane and we subject ourselves to many things which are not necessarily good for us and it is only through the universe showing us, "is this what you wanted?" we realize "No! not like that!" There is a saying about that we are always learning but not necessarily learning from it and tend to repeat the same mistakes. I've seen it often. It's not wrong, everything here gives us experience to understand (and bring) the meaning to our lives and what will give us ultimately....(at some point, hopefully)..a measure of happiness.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: