Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #46
GinaSofia

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
a lifer @ 27 years.

GinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST ReputationGinaSofia Has the BEST Reputation
Default Asparagus-stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

I made this the other night and my vegetable-hating Honey LOVED it!
She's asked me to make it again tonight.This time I'm going to substitute marinated artichoke hearts instead of the asparagus.
Also,I used very little of the breadcrumbs.

SERVES 4 (as an appetizer or else you're gonna want to eat 2 per person)

Ingredients
1-1 1/4 lb portabella mushroom (4 large)
1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus, cut (about 5 ounces spears)
1/3 cup shallot or sweet onion, chopped
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 large roma tomato, diced (1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 cup fresh breadcrumb (Italian or multi-grain)
1/4 cup romano cheese or parmesan cheese, grated
parsley flakes

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2 Gently gut gills from mushroom caps with a spoon and cut off stems; rinse each cap thoroughly under cold water and pat tops dry with paper towel. Coarsely chop stems and set aside. Brush 2 teaspoons of the oil over mushroom caps; place oiled sides down on a 15"x10" jelly roll pan or baking sheet.

3 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, shallots, garlic and chopped mushroom stems. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
4Remove from heat; stir in tomato, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Combine bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle evenly over mushrooms. Sprinkle parsley flakes over bread crumbs. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until hot and crumbs are golden brown.
GinaSofia is offline   Reply With Quote