View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #53
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

LOL Well MsTinkerbelly, this isn't my first rodeo but what it is is annoying and very tiring. You may have hit upon the answer: Protein.

The way I was advised to manage this is with 4 meals a day that are equal in protein and carbs. The problem is I am way more into carbs. Perhaps I just need to increase that a lot?

Having the low blood sugar in the morning would really be difficult. I'm sorry that you have to have some mornings like that. Thank you for the good wishes and best wishes for your levels too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I feel for you; it must be frightening to all of the sudden be at that point with little warning!

The one thing that comes to mind is your protein level....are you getting enough protein? Protein gives me a much more even blood sugar level, and will help keep me from the early morning dips I often have. I wake up sweating, shaking, and delusional....usually I am around 40-50 at that point, and require assistance from my spouse.

I have noticed a lot more dips since becoming vegetarian, and have had to really concentrate on uping the protein. Even in the afternoon I now get dips...but like I said since I am awake I notice them a little sooner.

Good luck with finding a solution
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post: