Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My dear darling Candace, the most wonderful thing is the feeling of power you are giving yourself - you are deciding for yourself what you want, and you are making your body powerful and strong. You are in control of your life. No matter what size is the best for you, you are in control of why and how you get there. And being healthy, knowing you are treating your body and yourself like the precious resource it is, is the best of all. Knowing that you are making yourself healthy and strong is awesome.

A while ago, I lost about 60 pounds over about 6 months and have mostly kept it off, give or take a bit over the years. Before, I felt like crap all the time, knees and hips and ankles hurt, I couldn't do anything without aching and being tired. Couldn't even bend over easily, tying my shoes was a breathless exercise. I didn't want to be skinny or anything, just wanted to take back control instead of thinking "how did this happen" - and work on being sure I'm here and healthy when I'm in my 90s.

The most effective thing for me was deciding to keep the poisons "high fructose corn syrup" and "processed flour" (well, processed anything) out of my body. Paying attention to the glycemic index is really helpful. It's not a diet, you should not be starving or deprived!

One of the best things I found was Whey Low -- it's sugar made from lactose and was developed for diabetics. If you worry about the chemicals and long-term effects of artificial sweeteners, this can ease your mind. It also has no chemical taste! Sugar eaters have no idea they are eating something made with this instead of sugar (I tell people though in case they are lactose intolerant)
Check it out here: www.wheylow.com

So, about those donuts...heck, people who know me have seen me putting cupcakes or cake into my mouth at parties. I love those things. Once in a while. Falling off the wagon is a learning experience - next time you'll be prepared to stop maybe on the way into the donut shop, maybe after one donut - and decide what you'd rather do, how you'd rather feel. So no beating up, okay? And sometimes you'll decide it's just plain time for a donut or cupcake - every once in a while.

Every day you are amazing and you get to decide what you are happy with.

If nothing else, you WILL be here in Austin in September. I will require it. I'm Bridezilla. Just ask Blush and Diva. And you will be eating a piece of amazingly delicious wedding cake.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post: