View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #44
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Strappie I'm happy you're going to the Dr. Peace to you on this unwanted journey.

For me:

Much like Daywalker, I don't think of my given body as a means to determine or declare my gender. I don't think I could ever change my belief in that, I do however, think that very thing lends a little bit to the frustration I have with it. (self imposed rock and a hard place? lol)

I also agree that SOME butches (no matter how they ID), TG butches and FtM's have great difficulties in dealing with what is a "woman thing". (before anyone jumps on me for saying "woman thing", please point me to a bio male that gets a period or goes through menopause.) I can have all the understanding, compassion, and offer support to a friend, partner, etc that is going through this. For me to have to deal with it personally, is quite a different story. That's where the mind fuck comes in, forced compliance. I loathe forced compliance in any sense, in any aspect of my life. To HAVE TO comply with my body for reasons of having a period or going through all the crap menopause has to offer, feels to me like betrayal deluxe.

I think it's important for people who have similar feeling to this, talk with eachother. It is hard to find people that understand the feelings. Most other people I have tried to talk to about this, have either laughed at me or said something to the effect of "EVERY woman goes through it. What makes you special?" To me those statements are stifling. And for my feelings to be laughed at, causes an abrupt end to most conversation after that.

Crying jags, aren't they fun? I like to think of it as crying like a baby. Often times a baby cries for no apparent reason. No matter what you do, they cry and cry and cry. Until, they stop. All seems right in their world. I hope adults have more awareness to the folks around them and the affects this "event" can have on others. (more awareness than a baby, anyway.) After a few days of being a weepy hot flash mess, when all is right in my world again, I like to make sure I'm right in my loved ones' world again too, if necessary.

I wish peace to everyone going through this bit of joy in their life, especially the ones that feel fucked with.

(and btw, *I* am what makes me special.)

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote