Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #98
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't about the FTM/femme dynamic specifically (maybe tangentially) but I thought you folks might be interested:

Today I finally got a letter from my ex and close friend who went to jail on the 6th. He's an alcoholic (the reason we broke up and the reason he's in jail) he got his third DUI in November so he's serving 2-3 months. I've been worried sick this past fortnight. (as in literally sick: hives, vertigo, insomnia, nausea) What if he had been placed in mens jail or if he'd gotten sick or if he couldn't get his testosterone or if he didn't show up on his intake date at all?

As it turns out, he's in a separate medical unit because the judge didn't want to put him in mens jail. And he wasn't able to write me because he didn't have access to money for stamps. Ironically I had sent him stamps in the first letter I wrote him 2 weeks ago but they were sent back to me in an envelope stamped "return to sender, unacceptable jail material". Strange world. But now he's been able to access his money and buy stamps so we should be in regular contact.

I'm so relieved. I was shaking and crying with happiness as I read his letter. Thank goodness he's safe.

And in related news, he will be blogging about his experiences (through written letters I type up and submit) on http://www.originalplumbing.com/

He wrote the first post in the letter I got today and I've submitted it but it isn't up on the site just yet. I think it will be cathartic for him and hopefully his writing will be a valuable resource for the community because there's so little out there about the transmale experience in jail or prison.

I hope you and yours are all safe and cozy tonight!

-ladyface

http://www.1ladyface.blogspot.com
1ladyface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1ladyface For This Useful Post: