T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
When I was in high school, in the 70's, I read a book, "I'm OK, You're OK," which is supposed to be a practical guide to TA. I found it so interesting, and it probably sparked my interest in pursuing a career in a psychological field. I had a therapist who used TA as her treatment modality, which I hated. She always wanted me to express my feelings by hitting pillows, which was embarrassing and felt contrived. The idea of TA seems simplistic to me, but, at the same time, having a way of viewing emotion and the workings of the mind is a useful metaphor in helping people understand and feel more in control of themselves.
I used to kick the chit outta cardboard boxes in the backyard. It did wonders for me... just sayin

T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post: