Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I give care to my disabled roommate. It is a lot to handle but the reward of helping her stay independent is awesome. I can't describe it. It takes a lot out of me lately, as the roommate I shared care with had a double bypass.

It just so happened that she came home with a dead chair and me on very little sleep. I kinda set her up at the tv and went back to crash. This person is not my family. She was just there for me in a really bad time in my life and when no one else wanted me around she talked to me. I don't feel as if I "owe" her anything. It just makes me feel good to be helpful.

The stress it brings is hard. Her problems are usually serious. Like falling on the ground serious. I've had to pick her up off the sidewalk because she tried to walk the dog without having her seat belt fastened. I should tell you....she has MS and is paralyzed and confined to a power chair.

It is sad to watch her deteriorate as progressive diseases will usually end up doing. My hat is off to all of you who do this as a profession. You are truly wonderful hearts.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post: