View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #29
dale2555

How Do You Identify?:
human

dale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
After reading the myriad of responses to my initial query, I think I've come to realize that it's about the face in the space far more than the body. I don't care where a stranger's body is hanging out as long as I don't have to touch or smell it if I don't choose to do so. I care deeply where their face is --- even a beloved friendly face. If I'm not actively using the face in one way or another, I don't want it a few inches from my own. Suspect this is an atypical response and others are far more gracious.

Ever seen the ad where the little boy is teasing his sister and has his finger an inch from her cheek and is saying: "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you."? The ad itself makes me want to crawl the walls. My own granddaughter tried that one out on me and I found it instantly intolerable and I tend to kind of like the kid

With me, seems to be a face thing!

Dear Newspaper Advice Columnist: Is this normal?

Dear Jude,

"If I'm not actively using the face in one way or another..."

Well now, the using of a face brings to mind a variety of pictures all of which are normal. Then again, I'm the one seeing said pictures and I've never, EVER, been called normal. "Weird" is the word most commonly used about me - as in, "You're so weird!" I used to be uncomfortable hearing it and then I became wise enough to understand its true meaning. Since that enlightened day, I say, "Thank You". So if you'll allow me to rephrase... No, not normal at all and the perfect response to an unwanted situation!!!

Sincerely,
Newspaper Advice Columnist
dale2555 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale2555 For This Useful Post: