Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think I see where you are going with this. In my mind's eye, I see those hideous circles they made us do in geometry that are separate but some overlap.

For example, one circle would be blue and over there. One circle would be red and over here. There would be a section of the circles that overlapped (those with common elements, such as mutual friends or interests) and that section would be purple. Each circle has its own environment and parameters but the purple is unique in that it is a blend of the two separate circles (with their energies already in place), therefore coming up with its own energy that is derived from the energies of the red and blue circles.

Okay, it may not make sense to anyone else, but I get it.
Yes!

I remember when I first became involved in the community. I joined the dash site and I purposely spent a fair amount of time reading...trying to guage the tone of language and conversation dynamics.

At first I spent alot of time in the "fluff" threads because I didn't feel I was as knowledgeable about gender and b-f stuff. I didn't want to appear or sound lame... I don't recall it being specifically about others being made fun of or called out, mostly my own fear of sounding like a total idiot.

Gradually as I learned and read more, I participated in the more intense threads and I am sure I still said some completely ridiculous stuff (and still do), but I was much more willing to take the risk - I think partially because I felt more "comfy" with the site energy and also I think by that time I had met some folks in person (bay area b-f group events), so it made it easier for me to connect.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt... I think (someone can call me on this if I'm oblivious )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post: