Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation
Question Butches: How do you like to be romanced?

In light of the recent conversations around what kind of treatment Femmes appreciate on a date, I thought it would be fun to get some feedback from Butches on what makes YOU feel romanced (on a date or otherwise).

I'm always up for new ideas to make Sparx feel loved, adored, appreciated and swept off her feet.

So I'm curious... what little (or big) romantic gestures do people you date, or your partners make (no matter their gender/identity) that make YOUR hearts go pitter-pat?

oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivia View Post
In light of the recent conversations around what kind of treatment Femmes appreciate on a date, I thought it would be fun to get some feedback from Butches on what makes YOU feel romanced (on a date or otherwise).

I'm always up for new ideas to make Sparx feel loved, adored, appreciated and swept off her feet.

So I'm curious... what little (or big) romantic gestures do people you date, or your partners make (no matter their gender/identity) that make YOUR hearts go pitter-pat?

Would it be ok if transguys posted here too, or would you like to keep this just for butches? It's fine if you do, I would just like to know.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Can femmes post some ideas and experiences too? Or is this for Butches only? I can respect either way.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation
Default Everyone is welcome to post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsW8ing View Post
Can femmes post some ideas and experiences too? Or is this for Butches only? I can respect either way.
Everyone's welcome to post!

I would just ask that people try not to generalize on what all butches, transguys, etc might like so that everyone feels comfy sharing THEIR personal preferences.

Personal experiences or things you've done that you know have made your date or partner feel special are totally encouraged!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
Would it be ok if transguys posted here too, or would you like to keep this just for butches? It's fine if you do, I would just like to know.
Totally okay! Anyone who feels like the topic speaks to them is welcome to post their thoughts!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
Holly.88

How Do You Identify?:
Male and Unc to my God Son
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, he, and 'hey, handsome' :P
Relationship Status:
She said "Yes!"

Holly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST Reputation

I love music so it means a lot to me if my girl makes me a mixed CD or something small like that.

I also have a thing for movies, especially old favorites. I had an ex who went out and rented a few of my favorite movies and picked some junk food after I had a bad day. It meant a lot to me that she not only remembered my off the wall favorites, but also took the time to find a few.

All in all, I'm easy to romance. Wear a shirt in my favorite color or a color I like to see on you, watch a football game with me cause you know I'm excited about it, even if you don't like it, let me cook for you (it makes me feel like I'm taking care of you), send me funny or sweet texts/pictures, play Scrabble with me; little things is all it takes for me.
Holly.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have a prerequisite for romancing me
I don't have a problem with a femme asking me out before I ask her
I'm a pretty simple butch and just about anything works for a first date
Getting to know each other is what's important
Do we share enough in common to want another date

Heck, fishing, a fire, cast iron skillet and whatever else one needs to cook the fish would be great...I don't mind cleaning them and then cleaning up
Or, just a picnic lunch and a blanket/chairs as we talk at gaze out over a lake

Give me conversation, stimulant my mind and walk with me
A first date doesn't have to revolve around food

Only thing I must say, I don't hear well in one ear, so I may ask you to repeat yourself if you don't speak slow and clearly
enough for me to understand the word(s)

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

A note in my pocket or sweet email or voice mail or text can have me smiling for days.

I appreciate kindness, thoughtfulness, a good sense of humor, intelligence, a great outlook on life.

I like to ask a woman out, but I am happy to be asked out too or to plan something together. I am very happy to take a walk, have a cup of coffee together, going to a bookstore or something simple. I do also like going to the symphony, theater, museum and things like that and dressing up once in a while can be kind of fun. I really love sports too, but I don't expect or need someone to do things with me that they don't enjoy. Some femmes like sports, some don't. So really I like a wide range of activities.

I do like surprises, but not everyone does. So before you spring one, you might want to make sure the person likes that type of thing.

I do like opening doors and helping with a coat and things like that, so if you don't like it please let me know, but I hope you won't be offended. It is my pleasure and has nothing to do with thinking a woman that I am dating or with can't do it for themselves.

I do like regular contact and good communication. I of course understand there are times when someone is quite busy with their family, friends, job and other things. It's just when someone disappears in and out without knowing why. If you are going to be late try to let me know. If I know you are someone who always runs 15-30 minutes late then that is ok, otherwise I am a worry wart.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Know that I like my coffee black in the morning, have some available for me if we are spending the night together, make it for me. This shows you are thinking of me and care what I like.

If I bring you to my friends or family function, please help them out with the service, food. This shows me you are a kind, respectful person and appreciate the hospitality.

Appreciate the things (especially little things) I do for you. Telling me makes me feel good and I'll do it more.

I had a girl that made me cards and keepsakes of significant things that meant something to us. She would also pick out all the green m&m’s and give them to me. She would make little notes for me to find. She would surprise me and make my favorite meals and desserts. We would cook together. She would put on lingerie for me. Some girls unlock or reach over and open my door for me, I like this. Again, shows she is thinking of me also after I just opened her door.

Girls always say they want the guy to take initiative and ask on dates, etc. sometimes it’s nice to know a girl is interested in me and wants to date me. I like a feisty, firey, witted, silly girl. Be yourself! Take an interest in my interests, challenge me, lets laugh a lot and be playful and sexy together!

Brush on my leg or arm, head on my shoulder, get close to me. If I hold your hand or kiss your cheek or neck and you like it, tell me. Let me control the kissing. . nothing worse than a girl sticking her tongue in my mouth if we haven’t kissed yet. Haha. I think I’m a pretty good kisser and can control it with whatever the moment is. :P

Share food, feed me. Send music to each other about how we are feeling.

Most importantly, be honest. If you like me show me, tell me. If you don't, tell me. Nothing worse than dragging someone along that is not interested.

I know this is a lot but really I'm simple most of it has to do with actions and showing me you are interested and being respectful to each other.

To all the girls like this, you rock and roll. I HEART YOU! (:
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Please have brains and know how to carry on a conversation.

I love to laugh and be goofy. I will always be myself please just be yourself. If you are quiet and reserved we probably wont get along.

Keep your past relationships in the past. Thats where mine are

Dont talk to me about sex. Im very old fashioned when it comes to this. And talking about it, and expecting me to fuck you soon will run me off.

I wanna be able to just talk and communicate about anything and everything. The only boundary topic while dating is sex.

Show appreciation for the things I do for you.

Be verbal and show your interest in me. Appreciate I am a 2x4 butch. If I dont think your interested even if I like you, I wont ask for another date.

Having integrity, class, and manners will make love to my mind first and are all ways to get me to want more time with you.

Im a Gemini. If you cant capture me on the first date chances are there will never be a second.

Oh yea let me add :

I am very chivalrous. I love opening doors, pouring your wine, pulling your chair out, and holding your hand. Please know that when I do these things I feel like a King, and I will only treat you as a Queen. I have been known to spoil my dates rotten. Not with material things but how I treat them.

It might be a carriage ride in Downtown Dallas

It might be a picnic in an arboretum or on the lake watching the sunset

It might be grabbing some fast food and some Red Box movies for a night of movies

It might be going to a resturaunt

It might be going to a comedy club

It might be doing all sorts of low key different things.

It will bring me joy to treat you like a Queen provided you are on you are being yourself.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
Please have brains and know how to carry on a conversation.

I love to laugh and be goofy. I will always be myself please just be yourself. If you are quiet and reserved we probably wont get along.

Keep your past relationships in the past. Thats where mine are

Dont talk to me about sex. Im very old fashioned when it comes to this. And talking about it, and expecting me to fuck you soon will run me off.

I wanna be able to just talk and communicate about anything and everything. The only boundary topic while dating is sex.

Show appreciation for the things I do for you.

Be verbal and show your interest in me. Appreciate I am a 2x4 butch. If I dont think your interested even if I like you, I wont ask for another date.

Having integrity, class, and manners will make love to my mind first and are all ways to get me to want more time with you.

Im a Gemini. If you cant capture me on the first date chances are there will never be a second.

Oh yea let me add :

I am very chivalrous. I love opening doors, pouring your wine, pulling your chair out, and holding your hand. Please know that when I do these things I feel like a King, and I will only treat you as a Queen. I have been known to spoil my dates rotten. Not with material things but how I treat them.

It might be a carriage ride in Downtown Dallas

It might be a picnic in an arboretum or on the lake watching the sunset

It might be grabbing some fast food and some Red Box movies for a night of movies

It might be going to a resturaunt

It might be going to a comedy club

It might be doing all sorts of low key different things.

It will bring me joy to treat you like a Queen provided you are on you are being yourself.
I should have simply put if you wanna a Knight then act like a Lady that deserves one.

My every day actions are that of a Knight and only Ladies intrigue me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #12
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a simplistic, yet a good blend of classic and new romantic. And, I'm a rather gentle butch, like a gentle knight, so I find anything absolutely romantic. I love it when my girl sticks little notes in my pocket, or pampers me with a nice dinner and some wine and some massaging or a hot shower or bath with candles. A mix CD is sweet too, and a goodnight text and Good Morning text always melts me. And on some occasions, I like them to dress to entice. Mmmm
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #13
CockyDude
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
What is today?

CockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm not a butch but...

I read all these posts. Very nice. But being the shallow ass I am I can easily be had with;
Blondes, beer, bikes, good music.
Seeing a pattern here? Lol
CockyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #14
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Oh yea I should add .....

Mean what you say. Say what you mean. And dont be flaky. The key to trust is consitensy and reliability.

If I cant trust you in the little things, chances are I will never trust you at all with anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:

Tags
dating, romance