Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Are you a donor???????????

Organ donation.

Us gay/queer peeps are notorious for being known as giving people to the community, animals, the environment, each other.

I was just thinking today, how many of us are Organ Donors?

When i worked in the hospital, one of the hardest things to deal with after a death in the family, was asking the family members if they would consider donating body or tissues. I heard a lot of the time something like this..."It was never discussed" "I don't know what to do" "I wish we had talked about it".

It is important to TALK about with your loved ones, because even if your license says you are, it is your family who will ultimately be asked and who will make that decision.

I am a full body donation and have this conveyed on my license and on my car with a Donor Life sticker. More importantly, Bully, my mom and my kids are fully aware of my wishes.

These are sometimes difficult things to discuss and you have to do what is right for "you". What is your take on it?

Each day, about 79 people receive organ transplants. However, 18 people die each day waiting for transplants that can't take place because of the shortage of donated organs.

http://organdonor.gov/becomingdonor/index.html
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i am! i wish i could be a living donor but i can't because of my health problems. but i'm definitely an organ donor and everyone knows.

when my mom died, she was in really bad shape, and i remember them asking us if we wanted to donate her organs and we were like "she'd think it was HILARIOUS that anyone could use any of her organs" and we did it made the memorial service a bit of an adventure, though, because we had an open casket and they took the long bones in her arms (i didn't even know they could use those) and they needed us to put something on her arms because of the incisions. well, my mom never wore anything with long sleeves in her life, i don't care how cold it was outside. so we put a shawl on her but it was a bit weird because everyone knew it was WAY out of character for her, LOL.

anyway, my musculoskeletal system and my brain both suck but my other organs are in good shape. so hopefully i'll be able to help someone someday
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

My wishes are known. Donate me to medical science. Donate what you can of my remains. Just don't bury me
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I am not only a donor, but as a diabetic with complications, I have donated any of my organs that can be used towards diabetes research or research in general. I won't be using my body when I am gone and if my gift can possibly help find a cure for this dreadful disease, then I will leave a legacy to countless people forever. That would be so cool!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Yep a donor, they can take anything that is viable. The rest gets cremated.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Most don't quite understand, unless they've seen us together....

Hypothetically, I'm in a coma. Decisions have to be made. MBE is to call Bear. He decides. She gets a vote of course. And I have faith they will do right by me and agree what to do.

My reasons are simple. My parents love me. My dad would hesitate to pull the cord. My mom probably wouldn't. I won't put that burden on her.

Furthermore, I worry if they're in charge, Bear and MBE won't get to have an opinion. Bear knows exactly what to do. So does MBE. I will protect her until the end and after. Bear will fight for their rights so maybe MBE will at least have one thing to not grieve over.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,181 Times in 3,024 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, registered donor here.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes there isn't a cord to pull. Most of the head injury people i worked with were on feeding tubes, not life machines. Their brains and bodies were functioning but they were physically unable to swallow or feed themselves.

The feeding tube has to be pulled out, or someone has to stop feeding you so you can starve to death.

That's where it gets tricky.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
Most don't quite understand, unless they've seen us together....

Hypothetically, I'm in a coma. Decisions have to be made. MBE is to call Bear. He decides. She gets a vote of course. And I have faith they will do right by me and agree what to do.

My reasons are simple. My parents love me. My dad would hesitate to pull the cord. My mom probably wouldn't. I won't put that burden on her.

Furthermore, I worry if they're in charge, Bear and MBE won't get to have an opinion. Bear knows exactly what to do. So does MBE. I will protect her until the end and after. Bear will fight for their rights so maybe MBE will at least have one thing to not grieve over.

it is in writing and Ami has the originals. No one else gets a say.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I am, but I won't put it on my DL. My wife knows and so do my folks.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I'm an organ donor. Take everything you need then cremate me. I am also a bone marrow donor. If I can help anyone in that way I am more than willing.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I have this secret wish to become a classroom skeleton.... I don't think you can specify that, though. Here are some semi-serious thoughts on my last wishes, if you like to read blogs:

http://tapu-tapu-tapu.blogspot.com/2...st-wishes.html
tapu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
I have this secret wish to become a classroom skeleton.... I don't think you can specify that, though. Here are some semi-serious thoughts on my last wishes, if you like to read blogs:

http://tapu-tapu-tapu.blogspot.com/2...st-wishes.html
I know someone who looked into that, but evidently they are not putting them into schools anymore.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yes I am...tossed the idea around for years. Then a few DL renewals back, I signed up

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Are you a donor

Yes I am. When my father passed away we donated. Life father like daughter.
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #16
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,430 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I.am! Take it all and make use of it..I'm getting cremated and you can't take it with you any way...
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a donor and, once they are done with my bits 'n stuff, I want to be fried (because I'm Southern and it's just proper) and scattered. I haven't fully figured out WHERE I want to be scattered yet, but I'm working on that. Maybe a little bit in the places that I've called home throughout my life. MS, FL, NY, WA and TX. There's bound to be enough of me to go 'round.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm a donor and, once they are done with my bits 'n stuff, I want to be fried (because I'm Southern and it's just proper) and scattered. I haven't fully figured out WHERE I want to be scattered yet, but I'm working on that. Maybe a little bit in the places that I've called home throughout my life. MS, FL, NY, WA and TX. There's bound to be enough of me to go 'round.
We'd love to have some of ya!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I am a regular blood donor and also donate platelets when I can, I am also a registered organ donor....I haven't mustered up the courage to register as a bone marrow donor yet.
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Why yes, I am. Registered even. I also donate blood. As to mooooving on...there is a place in Ga. out near a monastery where they do natural/green burial. The site is in an 8,000 acre dedicated conservation space. I've already told everyone that's where I want to go...wrapped in an old quilt for a shroud. No fire, no chemicals....just peace and quiet as nature intended.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: