Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 12-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation
Default (Re)Building the trust...

Trust is everything... How is it built? How is it broken? Can it be rebuilt once it's broken? What if the trust is not broken but rather just lost... Can it be found, can it be rebuilt again?
Bubala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #2
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,121 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

In my own opinion, I think its never lost ~ takes years to rebuild that trust providing it won't be re-tarnished. I live w/ re-tarnished trust. I look at my ex apprehensively in all factors when I deal w/ hym . Best described as "I love you as a person , but theres a wall ~
Old 12-13-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
In my own opinion, I think its never lost ~ takes years to rebuild that trust providing it won't be re-tarnished. I live w/ re-tarnished trust. I look at my ex apprehensively in all factors when I deal w/ hym . Best described as "I love you as a person , but theres a wall ~
Thank you for the response. I understand the wall you talk about.

My spouse and I are trying to work trough a major breakdown... The worst part is that no one did anything to break the trust, no cheating, no lies... In our case I do not think the trust we once had was broken...it was simply lost...

As his walls grew higher and colder... I built mine...heavily pressurized well hidden storage of hurt and resentment. Now hy can do everything right, but I won't be able to take it for what it is without my own cold hard skepticism, and mistrust that's eating at everything that we've got and everything we are...

Broken trust can be repaired somehow... lost trust on the other hand comes with the added weight... Is there hope?

Damn butches... Why can't they talk about their feelings!? We know you got some! Why the walls always the walls... I hate walls..... lol
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
My spouse and I are trying to work trough a major breakdown... The worst part is that no one did anything to break the trust, no cheating, no lies... In our case I do not think the trust we once had was broken...it was simply lost...

As his walls grew higher and colder... I built mine...heavily pressurized well hidden storage of hurt and resentment. Now hy can do everything right, but I won't be able to take it for what it is without my own cold hard skepticism, and mistrust that's eating at everything that we've got and everything we are...

Broken trust can be repaired somehow... lost trust on the other hand comes with the added weight... Is there hope?
I'm trying to understand the difference between broken trust and lost trust. By lost trust do you mean that no one broke trust by cheating or lying but instead trust just faded because the expectation of how you would love each other, how you would share your lives was not met. You believed that there would be sharing and a connection but instead there were walls and separation. Does lost trust mean not being able to believe in the person any longer because they are not who you thought they were or are not behaving in the relationship in the way that you were led to believe that they would? Is that the idea or is it something else?
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #5
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,413 Times in 6,752 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

it depends on the two people involved and if they want to badly enough..if that's true, then together you will take the careful steps necessary to bringing wellness, peace and love back from the abyss..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 12:56 AM   #6
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,121 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

would a marriage councilor help ? reassurance maybe ? built up defensive walls ~ when u both get over this ~ ur gonna hear fireworks ! after Christmas sales are perfect for purchases ~ just saying
Old 12-14-2015, 01:14 AM   #7
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
would a marriage councilor help ? reassurance maybe ? built up defensive walls ~ when u both get over this ~ ur gonna hear fireworks ! after Christmas sales are perfect for purchases ~ just saying
Lol ~ocean
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #8
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I personally can't imagine trying to work through something like that without a couples councelour. I've gotten a coule Relate books on rebuilding trust in relationships and have found them incredibly useful on my own - Relate books aren't flakey worded or fully of California speak or have inspirational quotes in them, just very practical advice and homework. However, if I was trying to do that with a partner, I'd want to see someone who knows how to guide the process along and give us both work to do - a neutral third party that has expertise in the area.

Every time I have asked a partner to go, they have refused. So I went on my own. They did nothing and expected me to do all the work after that point. So I think if some refused again, that would be the end of it.

I'm pretty bad with expressing how I feel. My Butch partners have usually been better at it than I am. We are all individuals, even butches
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #9
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
I agree with what everyone is saying here about when trust is broken and the struggle to repair it, but the OP is talking about lost trust. She has mentioned nobody cheated or lied but instead the trust was lost. She responded more than once saying that the trust was not broken, but instead it was lost. I am certain she is not talking about leaving it in her other pants or accidently throwing it in the trash. Does she mean misplaced trust, which conjures up a different meaning for me altogether? I understand broken trust but the meaning of lost trust that is not predicated by a betrayal of some kind is not clear at all to me. Perhaps she means a betrayal that is not about lying and cheating? I wish I understood.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #10
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

For me I guess it depends on how that trust is broken. I don't give trust instantly, and don't expect to be given it instantly. I believe in building a strong foundation, and working from there. If there is a crack in you're foundation or any level above that, it requires repair to move forward. If it can't be repaired or isn't worth the work, and the trust will never be restored. It's best to move on.

Great topic!

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2015, 08:54 PM   #11
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
For me I guess it depends on how that trust is broken. I don't give trust instantly, and don't expect to be given it instantly. I believe in building a strong foundation, and working from there. If there is a crack in you're foundation or any level above that, it requires repair to move forward. If it can't be repaired or isn't worth the work, and the trust will never be restored. It's best to move on.

Great topic!
Thank you.

Broken trust can be repaired...but in most cases it can never be the same. In best conditions it is never fully repaired but rather patched. Some wounds patch better than others, some patch worse... some don't patch at all...

But what if the trust built well was never broken... just lost... faded away... Could it ever be found... is it worth searching for...?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2015, 09:01 PM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Using Blade's analogy of a cracked foundation, any weak spot is always going to be a weak spot, even if it's repaired well. Trust can, in situations where all parties are genuinely and fully invested, be repaired but it cannot be replaced or ever exactly as it was.

What can take milliseconds to destroy can take years to rebuild. It's possible though, as most things are.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: