Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
Happy_Go_Lucky
Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.
 
Happy_Go_Lucky's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Anywhere I want to be
Posts: 677
Thanks: 3,203
Thanked 3,366 Times in 627 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation
Default What an important thread.

How incredibly emotionally draining for any of you who find yourself in a caregiving situation with someone you love.

That being said, my situation is being the primary medical POA to my male parent. Did I mention he is a POS?

I believe it may be easier to deal with a parent whom you loathe as opposed to having warm and fuzzy feelings to someone you adore and like?

Any thoughts?
Happy_Go_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy_Go_Lucky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Teddybear
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single
 
Teddybear's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Here there everywhere.
Posts: 2,097
Thanks: 4,620
Thanked 6,233 Times in 1,687 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation
Default

NImr t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Go_Lucky View Post
How incredibly emotionally draining for any of you who find yourself in a caregiving situation with someone you love.

That being said, my situation is being the primary medical POA to my male parent. Did I mention he is a POS?

I believe it may be easier to deal with a parent whom you loathe as opposed to having warm and fuzzy feelings to someone you adore and like?

Any thoughts?
I struggle with the thought of one day being the caregiver of my father. I KNOW its going to fall on me. We barely speak he was still tried to b emotional abusive I learned to turn that off long time ago. I'm still dealing with his.chit from childhood damn sure don't want to deal with new chit now or in thefuture. Both of my brothers just hang around thinking when they r gone there is some money to get. We all were raised by these.ppl where they think they have money is beyond me.

I pray daily that if it comes to me caring for him that the anger, and fear I have for him will not show and that I will make WHATEVER time he will have left will b comfortable and some hoe loving
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
TruTexan
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single
 
TruTexan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in a one horse town in a large state, in the U.S.
Posts: 3,952
Thanks: 6,112
Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Nat, to answer the question of what I need from loved ones because I am a caregiver to my mom..............
I need support, I need relief, I need to have a life of my own and not just one that encompasses mom. But the latter will have to wait as I don't live in a community that has any lesbians around, so I have no close friends near and I haven't seen the few friends I had in Austin in a long long time. I do once in a while, save up money to go see my cousins and stay gone for a few days, but it costs me a financial hardship to do so because I live on a limited SSDI income. The only person that I can talk to about my stress levels when mom gets into her "moods of yelling and ranting" is my shrink that helps manage my care for my ptsd/anxiety and depression. I know mom doesn't mean to do and say the things she does, and that she truly does appreciate me helping her when she needs my help. I know and understand how she feels as well. I get it. I too have lost a a part of me in my disability and not being able to work anymore, I"m physically disabled on top of the other.

Ok, hope more people post. I have subscribed to this thread. Thanks Dee, for starting it.
__________________
TruTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TruTexan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
TruTexan
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single
 
TruTexan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: in a one horse town in a large state, in the U.S.
Posts: 3,952
Thanks: 6,112
Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Today's stressors came in the mail for mom today.
Letter 1 from social security stating they are taking away her SSI.
Letter 2, 3 and 4 are taking away her food stamps, medicaid, and assistance in paying her medicare payments and assistance with her RX costs.........trickle down effect from a mofo typo in the system between VA benefit amounts she will be receiving Dec.1st and her SSI/Social security being notified electronically. SOMEWHERE SOMEONE WITH FINGERS THAT DON"T WORK AND A MIND THAT CANNOT COMPREHEND that she actually receives 110 from VA NOT 220 in Dec. 2013 caused this f'n problem. NOW I have 15 days to get the system fixed so to RESTORE mom's full benefits of everything they took from her. THIS KINDA SHIT PISSES ME THE F OFF. I am so freaking stressed out today from making calls that would do nothing for her today, that it's pathetic. Turned it over to my younger sister to see if Social Security will talk to her, she's signed on as someone that can talk to them about mom's case with her case manager, even though mom was sitting in the room telling social security to talk to me about this to get it resolved before DEC 1st.
Why can't they get this shit right?? IS it that f'ng hard to do that job? JESSSUS H CHRIST man.
I hope that mom will move to TN to be near my younger sister whom handles most of the issues like this, so she can take care of her better than I can. My sister bought a home for her to move into but mom refuses to go there.
Mom cried so hard today when she read those letters then blurted out she was better off dead. I had to step in and get her mind right and tell her it was going to be alright. The stress that she already lives under with not enough money to live on and now this, just broke her today. All I could do was tell her it would be alright that we ...my sister and I... would make sure it got fixed. Then I find out that next year, the VA, Social Sec. and SSI are all giving a 1.5 percent pay raise next year in Jan 2014. so I'll have to go through another reporting of mom's income changing as soon as she gets that increase and deal with that then Before they start saying AGAIN that she owes back pay because they overpaid her like they did this year and the year before. IT's a never ending fucking battle with the gov't. and I'm just sick of it. Why can't they just make it more simple and do the job right the first time.
SMFH@ the system.

Anyone else dealing with this kinda shit yet???? I hope not.
__________________
TruTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TruTexan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
RockOn
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
....
Relationship Status:
....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ....
Posts: 3,522
Thanks: 9,081
Thanked 10,302 Times in 2,610 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I left Atlanta and moved back home in 1982 to care for my terminally ill mother. I took her to the hospital for her chemo treatments, spent the nights with her in the hospital. The nurses were so good to us. They would wrangle a cot into my mom's room for me to sleep on. I have always raided the refrigerator at least once during the middle of the night. The nurses did not scold me for staggering out of my Mom's room half asleep in pajamas to get a couple of pints of chocolate milk and eat anything I found that looked good.

Dee, I want to make a couple of suggestions since you are involved in a difficult situation. Take great care not to let your battery run low. Also, it is very important that you make time for you and take it.

Best Wishes to You!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
pumpndude
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single
 
pumpndude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 108
Thanks: 3
Thanked 211 Times in 70 Posts
Rep Power: 1503252
pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Hi, I'm a caregiver for my mom who is 94yr old now and my sisters legal guardian. She has slowed down a lot more and her memory is starting to affect her and I have my sister who was born slow...She used to help me more but she had surgery in 2014 and right now she needs to walk more and start lifting weights to get her arms stronger. She doesn't walk as much as she could, so she's a work in progress..

Yes I get somewhat stressed but I'm grateful that I can be there for my family... I have been in recovery for 20 yrs now....I am grateful that I found recovery and I have a place to vent, at meetings (AA/NA), and meet people that are care givers too....
I manage all accounts , bills , etc. , I don't have more time for home repairs or work on property. I'm on disability but I think that's helpful because I can be home more.

I have work to do on my property too but one job at a time....I'm going to finally go and talk to a worker and see what kind of support I can get....I'll sign my mom and sis up for meals on wheels and see if I can get help cleaning the house....whatever help I can get will be very helpful

I would love to have support from a spouse but that's not the case...
Some day I will find the right lady as a partner and best friend or she will find me.....

Anyway that's my story ....

To all here, I just take it one day at a time and take timeout for myself....
__________________
Everything Ending Is Also A Beginning
We Just Don't Know It At The Time
pumpndude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpndude View Post
Hi, I'm a caregiver for my mom who is 94yr old now and my sisters legal guardian. She has slowed down a lot more and her memory is starting to affect her and I have my sister who was born slow...She used to help me more but she had surgery in 2014 and right now she needs to walk more and start lifting weights to get her arms stronger. She doesn't walk as much as she could, so she's a work in progress..

Yes I get somewhat stressed but I'm grateful that I can be there for my family... I have been in recovery for 20 yrs now....I am grateful that I found recovery and I have a place to vent, at meetings (AA/NA), and meet people that are care givers too....
I manage all accounts , bills , etc. , I don't have more time for home repairs or work on property. I'm on disability but I think that's helpful because I can be home more.

I have work to do on my property too but one job at a time....I'm going to finally go and talk to a worker and see what kind of support I can get....I'll sign my mom and sis up for meals on wheels and see if I can get help cleaning the house....whatever help I can get will be very helpful

I would love to have support from a spouse but that's not the case...
Some day I will find the right lady as a partner and best friend or she will find
me.....

Anyway that's my story ....

To all here, I just take it one day at a time and take timeout for myself....
Here in California you can get hours for domestic help if your doctor says you need them, and you are under a certain $$ income or receive SSI in addition to SS disability.

It does not have to be a licensed person...they just take a 1 day seminar about rules and regulations. My friend gets 24 hours a week of help with feeding, dressing, bathing...they don't monitor how the hours are broken down, so someone could come in and clean, do laundry, cook a weeks worth of meals for the freezer, etc...

IHSS is the agency, check your listing for the number in your area.

Good luck!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #8
DressyFemme
Junior Member

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)
 
DressyFemme's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 36
Thanks: 15
Thanked 90 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 1208583
DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Caregiver to partner

My partner is permanently disabled due to type 2 diabetes, a foot deformity and torn ligaments in her lower legs from a work accident. She uses a cane, walker or wheelchair depending on the length of excursion. She gets SSD and her disability retirement pension. It was a huge adjustment for us especially her as we were both active... dancing fishing coffee nights running a dinner group running a brunch etc. we cut back.

I HAVE to have me time. Even if it's going to the store to get groceries or pharmacy.... it helps me recharge. It's otherwise challenging. The hardest part was learning how to dress her wounds in her feet. I'm not a nurse but she ran out of nurse visits and Medicare won't pay for any more. I'm squeamish around blood. Her feet are more stable now but her treatment caused a foot deformity that makes it painful to walk.

I'm so glad to see this space is here. Anyone have any tips on devices that magnify syringe markings? Right now I draw her insulin everyday and I know it's important she can do it herself.
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up
 
girl_dee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default

my mom is having a bad day. I try to put it out of my mind, but its hard.

Having distractions is good.

Honestly I cannot even believe she is still alive.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #10
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressyFemme View Post
I'm so glad to see this space is here. Anyone have any tips on devices that
magnify syringe markings? Right now I draw her insulin everyday and I know it's important she can do it herself.
I'm not sure if it would work for you, but I put on very strong reading glasses ( like you get at the dollar store) or I use a magnifying glass to check how much I have pulled into the syringe.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 11:04 AM   #11
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver
 
Chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Caregivers

A lot of my dear friends are posting on FB about their broken hearts and missing their mother's. I still have mom. So I will shut up now and take care of mom. May be a while from here but mom comes first.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #12
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver
 
Chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Caregivers

I have been home with mom for over a month. I have noticed that she wants three meals a day. My batchelor life was never like that so I am cooking a bunch. I also noticed that she gets winded walking from her bedroom to the living room and that concerns me. Maybe I can get her to walk more.

My number one job is to keep her safe and healthy.

We are good so far. My germaphobe brain has worked so far.

Be safe friends.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #13
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I have been home with mom for over a month. I have noticed that she wants three meals a day. My batchelor life was never like that so I am cooking a bunch. I also noticed that she gets winded walking from her bedroom to the living room and that concerns me. Maybe I can get her to walk more.

My number one job is to keep her safe and healthy.

We are good so far. My germaphobe brain has worked so far.

Be safe friends.
Good hearing from you Chad. Likewise stay safe!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #14
Stone-Butch
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single
 
Stone-Butch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,939
Thanks: 13,481
Thanked 9,518 Times in 3,166 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Caregivers and Stress

I cared for my mom till she passed and it was a lot of worry but I would not have had it any other way.

I think all you care givers out there who give up a good part of their lives to look after loved ones should have a special blessing placed on each and every one of you. Keep well, the world needs folks like you.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #15
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver
 
Chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Good hearing from you Chad. Likewise stay safe!
You know how to reach me. Not checking email but the phone is good. I love you too buddy. Stay safe.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #16
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver
 
Chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Caregivers

Mom fell on the kitchen floor today. It took me 25 minutes to get her up. That was rough. I want her to use a wheel chair but she is defiant. Ugh .
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2020, 09:13 PM   #17
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~
 
~ocean's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts ~coastal
Posts: 7,905
Thanks: 22,958
Thanked 16,009 Times in 4,722 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Mom fell on the kitchen floor today. It took me 25 minutes to get her up. That was rough. I want her to use a wheel chair but she is defiant. Ugh .
(((( chad's mom ))))
__________________
~ Always, ocean
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #18
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly
 
GeorgiaMa'am's Avatar
 
14 Highscores

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,461
Thanks: 39,740
Thanked 28,493 Times in 5,830 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Mom fell on the kitchen floor today. It took me 25 minutes to get her up. That was rough. I want her to use a wheel chair but she is defiant. Ugh .
Thank goodness your Mom is okay!

I once fell in the driveway and the only people available to help me get up were my Mom and an elderly neighbor lady (who didn't actually do much besides stand around fluttering her hands nervously). That was pretty humiliating, lying in the driveway for about half an hour. Mom finally brought out some couch cushions and I kind of rolled onto them until I was high enough to get my knees under me. Then they braced my walker while I pulled myself up. I'm sure I was a sight to see.

I did not know until recently that you can call the fire department, and they will come help you get up if you have fallen.
__________________
-GeorgiaMa'am


It's true that you are blessed and lucky
It's true that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you.


-10,000 Maniacs


Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 12-10-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: fire fighters
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #19
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver
 
Chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Thank goodness your Mom is okay!

I once fell in the driveway and the only people available to help me get up were my Mom and an elderly neighbor lady (who didn't actually do much besides stand around fluttering her hands nervously). That was pretty humiliating, lying in the driveway for about half an hour. Mom finally brought out some couch cushions and I kind of rolled onto them until I was high enough to get my knees under me. Then they braced my walker while I pulled myself up. I'm sure I was a sight to see.

I did not know until recently that you can call the fire department, and they will come help you get up if you have fallen.
That is exactly what we had to do, get a bunch of pillows and a stool and with all my might I pulled her up. I never want to do that again.

I am so sorry that you fell and had to feel yucky.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #20
Kelt
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch
 
Kelt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,751
Thanks: 19,765
Thanked 15,268 Times in 2,538 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

I got to have FaceTime with mom today, it was good to see her. Sometimes it’s kind of fun that she has no memory. Every time we do this the the iPad is a marvel of “TV telephone“ she has no idea that shes seen it before.

It’s also fun that I can repeat every five minutes, I say “Hey mom, it’s Christmas!“ And she says “Really! Oh nice, oh this is special“ five minutes later “Hey mom…“ And it gets her every time. Of course that also means that every five minutes or so she peers at the screen and says “When did you get so old?” I reminder that she’s 30 years older than I am, then she asked how old that is and is utterly shocked every time. Lol

Well, it’s a weird year I hope that we are both around next year and that I can spend time with her in person.

Grateful for what we have for now…
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
caregiver, stress

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018