Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #2741
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Nothing like a frustrating day to motivate me to go walking/cleaning. Walked for 1 1/2hours and cleaned, swept and did laundry earlier. Felt good to be out in the cool breeze.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #2742
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Still doing Pilates 2-3 days a week for an hour each time.

My instructor wears me out.

Lots of abs today and my GF made me laugh so hard tonight I was doubled over- in pain!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #2743
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default The cheating continues...

Last night, while playing the basslines of the Ramones, Bon Jovi and Van Halen, I "earned" 10,000+ steps. Because I rock.

I also "earned" my 20,000-Steps-In-A-Day Fitbit badge. Someday I hope to hit 20,000 steps without the help of a bass guitar.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #2744
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I went to my consultation and oh, boy. I expected them to try to sign me up for stuff. That's a given.

BUT

She worked me good too. I had a "baby" introduction to HIITraining. In less than 20 minutes, I was panting, sweating and wheezing. Granted, the cold I've acquired may have something to do with the wheezing but probably not much. I had some serious lactic acid building up in my chest and belly and I felt like I might hurl. For a minute, I felt like I was on Biggest Loser.

She had me do 3 point step ups with arm curls to warm up then measured my plank time, wall squat time and push up times and then came the pain. Jumping jacks followed by squats with a weighted ball followed by a kettle bell squat followed by planks on an upside down Bosu ball. 30 of each until I got the Bosu ball and then hold that as long as possible.

Then do it again.

*whimper*

I'm mulling over the training plans. I have to make a decision on or before Sunday. My 'fresh meat' status (my term, not theirs) allows me a hefty deduction of the enrollment fee for the training program.

I cannot 'freeze' the trainer program like I can the membership but if I don't come in, those sessions will be 'banked' to use at a later date. The charges will continue to hit my account though.

I'm

Sure, it'd be beneficial and they have a lot of components to the program that will help to keep me on track and measure my progress but is it worth the moolah or is it something I can (and will) do on my own? This is what I need to figure out.

I saw the guy that promised me an hour of training and he's going to personally train me for an hour next week, regardless of what I choose with the training programs.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #2745
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Took a long walk to a local store, starting to feel the benefits of all this walking. Bought a pair of new shoes last week and I'm still wearing them in. My feet hurt a little today. I was not able to walk anywhere near what I can now just 2 months ago!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #2746
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Exercise with disabilities

I thought I would post here for a bit of encouragement.
To keep it short I was ultra fit 2 yrs ago,then got sick,with multiple,medical conditions problems,I will have had 3 surgeries within 12 mths 1 minor,one major and a hip replacement in October,before getting sick I was running 6 klms a day swimming a mile a day and doing weight workouts.
I think Im looking for encouragement a gym buddy,I'm im in a great deal of pain meds,so trying to keep my enthusiasm has been hard.
I have set up a disabled gym for cardio with a boxing bag and weights of which I do interval training,I do try n do morn and night.

Its very difficult as I can only stand now for 5 minutes,the disease in my hip has been progressive,14 mths ago I was still running,so mixing it up is pretty impossible,I find I have to fight my boredom of only being able to do one thing,I used to swim,but can no longer make it from the car to the pool anymore.

I have 4 weeks n 4 days till my hip is done,I was thinking I may use here to log my exercise,to push myself.
I hope my post is not to long.

todays exercise is intervals of 5 mins,between hitting the bag"I have to be seated" and 5 min weights,alternate between chest and triceps,Im trying to regain strength so the weight is enough so as to get my heart rate up,and I aim for 1 hr morn,30 mins afternoon.

Ok I hope my post is not to long.
Cheers from Australia.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #2747
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I thought I would post here for a bit of encouragement.
To keep it short I was ultra fit 2 yrs ago,then got sick,with multiple,medical conditions problems,I will have had 3 surgeries within 12 mths 1 minor,one major and a hip replacement in October,before getting sick I was running 6 klms a day swimming a mile a day and doing weight workouts.
I think Im looking for encouragement a gym buddy,I'm im in a great deal of pain meds,so trying to keep my enthusiasm has been hard.
I have set up a disabled gym for cardio with a boxing bag and weights of which I do interval training,I do try n do morn and night.

Its very difficult as I can only stand now for 5 minutes,the disease in my hip has been progressive,14 mths ago I was still running,so mixing it up is pretty impossible,I find I have to fight my boredom of only being able to do one thing,I used to swim,but can no longer make it from the car to the pool anymore.

I have 4 weeks n 4 days till my hip is done,I was thinking I may use here to log my exercise,to push myself.
I hope my post is not to long.

todays exercise is intervals of 5 mins,between hitting the bag"I have to be seated" and 5 min weights,alternate between chest and triceps,Im trying to regain strength so the weight is enough so as to get my heart rate up,and I aim for 1 hr morn,30 mins afternoon.

Ok I hope my post is not to long.
Cheers from Australia.
Welcome Vincent,

Sounds like you're working uphill friend, good on you for keeping it up.
We love it when folks do their regular workout logs here, it functions as inspiration for the rest of us and I'd dare say you'd give us mere mortals an extra shot.

It sucks about not being able to get to the pool as it sounds ideal. I hope you will be able to have that return to your workouts soon.

Excellent set of goals, keep us up to speed on your progress, (and pitfalls, we're here for that too!)
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #2748
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,737 Times in 5,088 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did an hour and a half on the Stair Master, Interval program with 5 minutes at Level 2, 5 minutes at Level 6, and back and forth. It was wonderfully intense!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #2749
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It has taken 2 days for the insides of my thighs to stop feeling like the muscles are being stripped, bit by bit.

A 100 squats is 100 squats more than I usually do.

I'm going to trek to one of the gyms on my list tomorrow. Not sure which one or what I'll do but I have to get back into it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #2750
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It has taken 2 days for the insides of my thighs to stop feeling like the muscles are being stripped, bit by bit.

A 100 squats is 100 squats more than I usually do.

I'm going to trek to one of the gyms on my list tomorrow. Not sure which one or what I'll do but I have to get back into it.
What in the world were you thinking? There's such a thing as easing back in yanno.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #2751
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
What in the world were you thinking? There's such a thing as easing back in yanno.
It wasn't MY idea. It was the sample training session that came with my consultation. They did a fitness 'test' of sorts.

I failed.

Today's not looking good either. Rough night and today is hack all day day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #2752
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Welcome Vincent,

Sounds like you're working uphill friend, good on you for keeping it up.
We love it when folks do their regular workout logs here, it functions as inspiration for the rest of us and I'd dare say you'd give us mere mortals an extra shot.

It sucks about not being able to get to the pool as it sounds ideal. I hope you will be able to have that return to your workouts soon.

Excellent set of goals, keep us up to speed on your progress, (and pitfalls, we're here for that too!)
I must admit Kelt,its hard to stay motivated,of course most times when we exercise we become fitter,but for me as my hip bone falls apart everything becomes harder,I had a rough 3 days,I just couldnt do an hour session,was in too much pain,I'm thinking maybe 3 x 30 min sessions,during the day,I'm also on an extreme level of opiates to deal with the pain,but thanks for your response,and soon it will all be over,I did have cancer as well."I know right,all diagnosed at the same time"but the cancers gone and I'm clear,so after the hip,I can begin again.I do find talking to others about health and fitness,great,I think eating well and staying fot can beat back the aging process,so they say LOL.But thanks again for your response,If it seems I'm ignorant,I have to admit navigating the site,is a bit challenging for me,I think" I;m internet challenged "
And it will be good to log my progress,after my hip is done,may help anyone else who is having a replacement.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #2753
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did the same interval program on the stair master but for 45 minutes. Then I did 45 minutes of floor work: weight lifting, leg weights, abs, and stretching. It's been a good weekend, not too cluttered with other activities and getting to sleep in. That always makes my work-outs so much better.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #2754
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Smile

Today I jogged for the first time in years. I did some walk/jog intervals for 30mins, then some stretching and will do some weights and arms later today. I am still shocked I was able to jog!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #2755
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,430 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned for a total of 5 hours

Then came home and walked the dogs for 2.5 miles and up and down two large hills...

Then I did some yoga specifically for easing back pain...cuz Ive had more than the norm lately. It seems to have worked. Yoga is a miracle to me....

Old 09-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #2756
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I haven't worked out since the trainer tried to kill me at the new gym on the 16th but I haven't had any additional hip pain either. One good thing about my body is that it tries to stagger the aches and pains when it can.

Right now, I have hormonal stuff and I'm still trying to shake this stupid cold thing and I'm having the occasional lower back twinges. When some time passes, the ole hip will kick in again.

I guess that's my superpower. I would have chosen something different but this is good too.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #2757
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,430 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

rainy day workouts....

I havent been able to get out to walk with the dogs because of monsoon season in Asheville...

so...

I went to my fave standby...youtube.

I started my day out with yoga since my hamstrings and ankle hurt...my back too has been giving me inexplicable grief. The yoga helped everything but my hammies...

Did some cleaning then came back to youtube and did a few minutes of different things. Finally found a nice cardio kickboxing video and did that. I really wanted something to do with weights and found my dear sweet Jillian...but she was doing floor work and I chose today to wash both my yoga mats...of course

So...after I clean the bathroom I may give it a go...

AND

now the sun is out...so the pups will finally get a walk
Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #2758
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Whoops, forgot to post on Thursday Sept. 24th: Gym, 30 min. stairmaster (the usual intervals Levels 2&6), then 30 min. weight lifting, abs, and stretching.

Today: meandering walk for about two hours with my brother, on the Highline (above ground old railroad turned urban park), by the East river, and along Christopher Street

How do I... ?
Old 09-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #2759
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I took a short walk with friends in the park today. I have a blister from some shoe incident. I hate blisters!

How do I... ?
Old 09-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #2760
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Whoops, forgot to post on Thursday Sept. 24th: Gym, 30 min. stairmaster (the usual intervals Levels 2&6), then 30 min. weight lifting, abs, and stretching.

Today: meandering walk for about two hours with my brother, on the Highline (above ground old railroad turned urban park), by the East river, and along Christopher Street
Would love to walk the Highline someday! I kept an eye on the development as it got going, so glad it is a success and continuing.

I should be back in a gym routine of some sort this coming week. My strength is relatively equal to that of four kittens right now, so it's going to be a climb back up to anything at all..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights