Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 07-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #521
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Covid-19 in Canada July 2, 2020

Number of people tested: 2,848,244

Total cases:104,772

Recovered: 68,345

Deaths: 8,642

not sure how that plays out in a population of 36 million or so but it does seem hopeful.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #522
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Washington businesses will be required to turn away customers who aren't wearing a face mask starting July 7, Gov. Jay Inslee announced Thursday. The new statewide order is in response to a surge in coronavirus cases.

The proclamation comes almost a week after Inslee's statewide mandate took effect requiring people to wear face masks while in public, both indoors and outdoors where six feet of social distancing is not possible.

If you travel to Washington State bring your mask!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #523
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wear the damn mask...

tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 01:44 AM   #524
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I was soooo careful to wash my hands over and over, I started taking a ton of vitamins and herbal supplements, got plenty of rest, stayed hydrated, etc etc. I started wearing masks before they were even required at work. I thought I would be just fine. And then one day I woke up sick and bammm! I tested positive for COVID-19 and I spent over a month isolated in the spare room, sicker than I’ve ever been in my life. Even now, I’m still having some issues with tiredness but not the horrible exhaustion I had, and I have terrible memory loss. My smell and taste came back after two months but not all the way. This has been so draining and stressful.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #525
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I was soooo careful to wash my hands over and over, I started taking a ton of vitamins and herbal supplements, got plenty of rest, stayed hydrated, etc etc. I started wearing masks before they were even required at work. I thought I would be just fine. And then one day I woke up sick and bammm! I tested positive for COVID-19 and I spent over a month isolated in the spare room, sicker than I’ve ever been in my life. Even now, I’m still having some issues with tiredness but not the horrible exhaustion I had, and I have terrible memory loss. My smell and taste came back after two months but not all the way. This has been so draining and stressful.
So nice to see you back on the board posting Gayandgray, but so very sorry to hear about your encounter with Covid-19!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 06:00 PM   #526
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Florida reports over 11,000 new COVID-19 cases, breaking its single-day record twice in one week...

Florida reported a record number of single-day coronavirus cases Saturday morning, with 11,445 people testing positive on Friday. Thursday was the last time Florida set a new record for single-day COVID-19 cases at 10,109.

Well there Governor DeSantis!

Instead of having your nose shoved up Trump's ass trying to curry favor, perhaps you should of kept a more watchful eye on the shenanigans such as the spring breakers, sand bars, etc etc that all helped to spread the spread from the get-go!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 06:23 PM   #527
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,520 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Florida reported a record number of single-day coronavirus cases Saturday morning, with 11,445 people testing positive on Friday. Thursday was the last time Florida set a new record for single-day COVID-19 cases at 10,109.

Well there Governor DeSantis!

Instead of having your nose shoved up Trump's ass trying to curry favor, perhaps you should of kept a more watchful eye on the shenanigans such as the spring breakers, sand bars, etc etc that all helped to spread the spread!
And...the beaches are packed! Those record breaking cases will continue...

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #528
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,682 Times in 7,713 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
And...the beaches are packed! Those record breaking cases will continue...
We had 11,500 cases since yesterday!

And YES, the beaches are/were packed..NO social distancing & NO MASKS for most part!

Watch in 2 weeks..see what these numbers will be by then!

We have seen a 67% spike in cases in just 2 weeks.....

Our idiot governor is Trump's acolyte the news sources say. He does what Trump says & could give 2 shits less about the people here. He wants the tourism $$.

All I can say is I am only responsible for ME! I have self isolated AND wore a mask every damn day since March...BEFORE it was ordered!
Old 07-04-2020, 08:28 PM   #529
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
We had 11,500 cases since yesterday!

And YES, the beaches are/were packed..NO social distancing & NO MASKS for most part!

Watch in 2 weeks..see what these numbers will be by then!

We have seen a 67% spike in cases in just 2 weeks.....

Our idiot governor is Trump's acolyte the news sources say. He does what Trump says & could give 2 shits less about the people here. He wants the tourism $$.

All I can say is I am only responsible for ME! I have self isolated AND wore a mask every damn day since March...BEFORE it was ordered!

(((( clay )))) stay safe
Old 07-06-2020, 08:16 PM   #530
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,112 Times in 5,115 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

For fans of Dr. Anthony Fauci:

He has done a new interview on a podcast I have mentioned before, Science Vs (versus) by Gimlet Media. Wendy Zuckerman, the host, takes him on a somewhat fluffy but interesting interview of about 20 minutes. Did you know Dr. Fauci is 79 years old? I had no idea. In any case, the episode "Fauci! He's Back!" was recorded on 6/23/2020. Available wherever you find your podcasts.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #531
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water taaa daaa ~move over covid - 19 ~ bubonic plague is back in Mongolia ~
Old 07-07-2020, 06:58 AM   #532
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water taaa daaa ~move over covid - 19 ~ bubonic plague is back in Mongolia ~
Tell me you're kidding! I need to look that up.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 07:21 AM   #533
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
(((( clay )))) stay safe
Hey Osh....you bet. I have been wearing a mask (I have several) since March!

I self isolate, do curbside pickups of groceries after online ordering!

I have NO visitors & I do NOT go out in public to eat...haven't since February!

You stay safe & take care also!
Old 07-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #534
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Seems the bubonic plague in Mongolia is spread through eating local squirrels, marmots.

Seems the best thing we can do is wear a mask, stop eating marmots, and put those peanuts away and stop feeding those cute little squirrels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #535
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

It's all part of One.
Climate Change Deniers are Dangerous Idiots.

"Land degradation, wildlife exploitation, intensive farming and climate change are driving the rise in diseases that, like the coronavirus, are passed from animals to humans, United Nations experts said on Monday.

The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) jointly identified seven trends responsible for such diseases, known as zoonotic, calling on governments to take steps to stop future pandemics.

These are: rising demand for animal protein, extraction of natural resources and urbanization, intensive and unsustainable farming, exploitation of wildlife, increased travel and transportation, food supply changes and climate change, it said.

“The science is clear that if we keep exploiting wildlife and destroying our ecosystems, then we can expect to see a steady stream of these diseases jumping from animals to humans in the years ahead,” said UNEP Executive Director Inger Andersen.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Presidential Climate Change deniers and their ilk should be criminally charged, potentially for Mass Murder of everything on this earth.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:27 AM   #536
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
It's all part of One.
Climate Change Deniers are Dangerous Idiots.

"Land degradation, wildlife exploitation, intensive farming and climate change are driving the rise in diseases that, like the coronavirus, are passed from animals to humans, United Nations experts said on Monday.

The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) jointly identified seven trends responsible for such diseases, known as zoonotic, calling on governments to take steps to stop future pandemics.

These are: rising demand for animal protein, extraction of natural resources and urbanization, intensive and unsustainable farming, exploitation of wildlife, increased travel and transportation, food supply changes and climate change, it said.

“The science is clear that if we keep exploiting wildlife and destroying our ecosystems, then we can expect to see a steady stream of these diseases jumping from animals to humans in the years ahead,” said UNEP Executive Director Inger Andersen.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Presidential Climate Change deniers and their ilk should be criminally charged, potentially for Mass Murder of everything on this earth.

Collette I say the same things to myself about climate change ~ how stupid and careless can the human being be ? we know ~ and yet nothing ~ we claim freedom but yet we stay suppressed by a evil psychopath . 2020 Money Talks and Ethics Walk This country can't wait till November to address climate change .
Old 07-08-2020, 05:46 AM   #537
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,118 Times in 3,006 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching the maps where COVID is rising again, which now is just about everywhere. I'm in NY so you know we were hit HARD. Now we are holding steady and a couple of small states near us are too but we are surrounded by red on the maps and I think it's just a matter of time before it comes to us again.

I am preparing for, but not looking forward to, being back to one of the few essential workers left in my building for the foreseeable future. Those months were scary and huge anxiety went with it. I couldn't keep myself protected because police kept dropping off severely mentally ill and intoxicated people for me to deal with and they can't socially distance and keep a mask on. I dreamed every night of different things, zombies, etc, attacking the building and me there trying to keep all of our residents safe.

I don't understand why all of these states haven't shut back down yet. It's obvious it was helping. It's obvious that re-opening is killing people.
easygoingfemme is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #538
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I'm watching the maps where COVID is rising again, which now is just about everywhere. I'm in NY so you know we were hit HARD. Now we are holding steady and a couple of small states near us are too but we are surrounded by red on the maps and I think it's just a matter of time before it comes to us again.

I am preparing for, but not looking forward to, being back to one of the few essential workers left in my building for the foreseeable future. Those months were scary and huge anxiety went with it. I couldn't keep myself protected because police kept dropping off severely mentally ill and intoxicated people for me to deal with and they can't socially distance and keep a mask on. I dreamed every night of different things, zombies, etc, attacking the building and me there trying to keep all of our residents safe.

I don't understand why all of these states haven't shut back down yet. It's obvious it was helping. It's obvious that re-opening is killing people.
I hear you on every count, easygoing! I concur with you.

WHY do "they" INSIST that numbers are just higher due to MORE testing?! WHY do they refuse to acknowledge that 50 of Florida's hospitals are already AT capacity in ICU & Covid unit beds are fast filling up. HOW is that "feasible" when supposedly it is "just the younger folks & theirs isn't as serious.

I will be so glad when this shit show ends come November. IF he gets in again, I am leaving the US!

HOW can these governors be bullied to kiss his azz & allow schools to reopen at full capacity, KNOWING hospitals do NOT have enough PPEs. Just HOW do they plan to stock teachers with PPEs? I want to hear that idiocy!

AND to top THAT off, Disney is reopening TWO parks today! REALLY?!.

I am disgusted & so frustrated every single day when I hear them spew their lies, coverups, & BS!

MASKS! SANITIZING! HAND HYGIENE! SOCIAL DISTANCING & GROUPS fewer than 10!!!!! SIMPLE yet that concept is just plain ignored.

Rant over! Hello everyone & enjoy your day in some ways...hugs to all!
Old 07-09-2020, 11:50 AM   #539
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Masks You've Just Got To See To Believe

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1590046083

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1589692201
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #540
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I hear you on every count, easygoing! I concur with you.

WHY do "they" INSIST that numbers are just higher due to MORE testing?! WHY do they refuse to acknowledge that 50 of Florida's hospitals are already AT capacity in ICU & Covid unit beds are fast filling up. HOW is that "feasible" when supposedly it is "just the younger folks & theirs isn't as serious.

I will be so glad when this shit show ends come November. IF he gets in again, I am leaving the US!

HOW can these governors be bullied to kiss his azz & allow schools to reopen at full capacity, KNOWING hospitals do NOT have enough PPEs. Just HOW do they plan to stock teachers with PPEs? I want to hear that idiocy!

AND to top THAT off, Disney is reopening TWO parks today! REALLY?!.

I am disgusted & so frustrated every single day when I hear them spew their lies, coverups, & BS!

MASKS! SANITIZING! HAND HYGIENE! SOCIAL DISTANCING & GROUPS fewer than 10!!!!! SIMPLE yet that concept is just plain ignored.

Rant over! Hello everyone & enjoy your day in some ways...hugs to all!
(((Clay)))
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote