apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
No, it wasn't the same one. Not at all. But this thread does prove that if butches *think* an 'ode' is written by a woman, or at least posted by one, then it's welcome, whereas one they believe is the exact same, if written or posted by a man, (attracted to masculinity) is not. Or at least that's what's been said before.
yes, that struck me as well--such vastly different responses, i have to say it points to an element of homophobia... at the very least, male-phobia--i wonder why that dynamic is so uncomfortable for members.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

We aren't interested in men being interested in us. We are lesbian/queer.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
We aren't interested in men being interested in us. We are lesbian/queer.
some of us are bi. some of us do love men, bio and otherwise. i just don't get rejecting men, categorically. i mean, the most my 'disinterest' gets is a 'shrug' --but there's something to all this *outrage* --that's what i don't get and find fascinating.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Why are butch women supposed to welcome some long ode allegedly written by a man in a personal ad and supposed to want to discuss it on a butch femme website?

- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 12-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Why are butch women supposed to welcome some long ode allegedly written by a man in a personal ad and supposed to want to discuss it on a butch femme website?
You're not. But an 'ode to butches', no matter by whom it was written, is appropriate subject matter for a butch/femme website. Where better to discuss it? Someplace that would not handle it with the same knowledge and respect? And why do you feel the need to monitor and control what other people want to discuss just because you don't?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
You're not. But an 'ode to butches', no matter by whom it was written, is appropriate subject matter for a butch/femme website. Where better to discuss it? Someplace that would not handle it with the same knowledge and respect? And why do you feel the need to monitor and control what other people want to discuss just because you don't?
Why do you keep insisting on discussing it when no butch woman has shown an interest.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Why do you keep insisting on discussing it when no butch woman has shown an interest.

Edit: it was a personal ad, not something I need to handle with knowledge and respect.

In case you didn't notice (maybe she was invisible) there was a femme in the discussion.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
some of us are bi. some of us do love men, bio and otherwise. i just don't get rejecting men, categorically. i mean, the most my 'disinterest' gets is a 'shrug' --but there's something to all this *outrage* --that's what i don't get and find fascinating.
I find it fascinating that you feel there is all this 'outrage'. Here in this thread?

As for those that are bi, I would hope they feel free to comment on how they find the 'ode' flattering.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kosmo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #9
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

This is an 'ode to Butches' thread . Any takers?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kosmo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
This is an 'ode to Butches' thread . Any takers?
I think they're awesome and badass.

But then, I'm a dude.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Quote:
I think they're awesome and badass.

But then, I'm a dude.
Thank you for this 'ode', Hudson. As short as it is, it speaks volumes to me and I'm jonesing for an 'ode'.

I hug you {{Hudson}}
The Following User Says Thank You to Kosmo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
yes, that struck me as well--such vastly different responses, i have to say it points to an element of homophobia... at the very least, male-phobia--i wonder why that dynamic is so uncomfortable for members.
We're GAY !lol.
Closed Thread