Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I hear ya puregrrl. Ya get a good one that listens to ya or knows how you want it and don't try to sell ya everything under the sun and either they up and move or you up and move, lol. I'm trying to think, I think I've only had 6 people cut my hair my entire life and I'm 54, lol. I guess that's not to bad, lol, at least I'm loyal!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:
Putting My Heart Back Together

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation

In my experience, I've found that going to the beauty school is always the best option for me. I pay $8.50 for shampoo, cut, blow-dry and style... and I usually tip $4-5. I guess the way I see it is, because I usually go for edgy haircuts, my friends who are there with the mohawks and purple hair are probably the best ones to do my hair...
proximitywithoutintimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I pay £30 (approx $50) on average for a very quick cut and shampoo ... takes 10 to 15 minutes max and the quality is very hit and miss.

I've been struggling to find a good hairdresser here in London ... one of my best friends was a hairstylist in my previous location (Belfast) and I was able to always get a fantastic cut that suited me for around half the price I'm paying in London and some good conversation and coffee thrown in also.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,894 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
I hear ya puregrrl. Ya get a good one that listens to ya or knows how you want it and don't try to sell ya everything under the sun and either they up and move or you up and move, lol. I'm trying to think, I think I've only had 6 people cut my hair my entire life and I'm 54, lol. I guess that's not to bad, lol, at least I'm loyal!
I will do you one better, my man!

2 hair stylists in 41 years!

Seriously. Went to my first one starting at age 9 (I assume my mother did it before then). Saw her until I switched to this one 13 or so years ago.

THAT is loyal!

(of course, it is notable that I am a commitment phobe in my personal life, so maybe I shouldn't start shouting from the rooftops! ha!)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

for the last few yrs my son and i have used the same hairdresser....she is an older woman,her help is older as well,and a lot of her clientele are older/elderly ppl..she charges everyone the same price...$10 for a wash,cut and dry--regardless of sex or age--i stick with her simply bc my son is picky and this is only the 3rd person is has liked
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I will do you one better, my man!

2 hair stylists in 41 years!

Seriously. Went to my first one starting at age 9 (I assume my mother did it before then). Saw her until I switched to this one 13 or so years ago.

THAT is loyal!

(of course, it is notable that I am a commitment phobe in my personal life, so maybe I shouldn't start shouting from the rooftops! ha!)
Yep, that is loyal! Well mine either moved out of the city I was living, had one die of breast cancer when she didn't need to do so, crazy church she got involved with didn't believe in modern medicine or surgery. I could still kick her butt, left a 9 yr old son behind. But, yep, ya got me on that one.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
redrose

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
at peace

redrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputation

my favorite salon:
GOING STRAIGHT SALON LOL!!!

I require myself to have my favorite hair treatment, once a year,
I call this maintenance, to keep my hair healthy and neat.
cost = 1,500 in Philippine peso or $34.77 (P1,500 / $43.14)
for me, this is expensive

and have my hair trimmed, (2 inches, lol!) every other month, well, in a different salon

http://youtu.be/N0SgLJEtaok
redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redrose For This Useful Post: