Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #81
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I love the theater live real close to NYC and can see any show I want except it is expensive so being a student I don't get there much but when I graduate I will go more often!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #82
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
I love the theater live real close to NYC and can see any show I want except it is expensive so being a student I don't get there much but when I graduate I will go more often!!

Check this out: http://www.broadwaybox.com/

There are a host of sites that offer discounts (see Google.com)---then there's same day tickets you can purchase in the city as well.

Options.

Cheers for Queers!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #83
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
Check this out: http://www.broadwaybox.com/

There are a host of sites that offer discounts (see Google.com)---then there's same day tickets you can purchase in the city as well.

Options.

Cheers for Queers!
thanks Bestbutch!! I will try to go to a play more often, are you in Manhattan or the outer boroughs? Always looking for new friends in the area!!

Thanks lipstixgal
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #84
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Congratulations - hope the rest of the run goes as well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybelle View Post
Show opened last night to some great reviews. Cross your fingers that we get more of the same for the next five performances. Two this weekend, and three next weekend - should wind everything up.

Then I'm off to help with a production of Barnum. But that's tech and during the final tech week. And working tech on a show can be stressful, but not like being ON the stage.

Woot.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #85
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

I love the theater! My fav play thus far is The Color Purple. I am hopefully going next month to see The Phantom Of The Opera in ATL as it's the last year for it...or so I heard.
Delish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #86
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not Broadway...

...but, worth going, well, if you're a fan of dance. And, I am.

This company is in residence and performing at NYC's Joyce Theatre every year [this year, 7.12.10 - 8.7.10]. GO! You won't be disappointed. It is a visceral experience that you won't forget.

http://www.pilobolus.com/
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #87
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just want to say that I am really happy that folks have jumped in here to talk about theater that isn't Broadway. I do love musicals, but live theater in general is wonderful. We have a couple excellent community theaters here and I catch a lot of their shows. And really enjoy them. So I love that we can celebrate theater in all it's wonderful aspects, from Broadway to the children's Christmas musical - it is all magic, yes?
Old 07-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #88
Scota_Parisi

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mz.
Relationship Status:
Houston, we have landed.

Scota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
Congratulations - hope the rest of the run goes as well!!!

Darth, thanks! It did!! I've been a busy gal with a name change on the Boards here (from Sybelle to Scota). Plus, I've managed to finish up that show, do tech work on Barnum for the Light Opera Guild group here. And after auditioning, landed a role as a Tribe member in their upcoming production of "Hair". It's been busy mad, but having plenty of fun as well as learning a lot in the process about productions. The highlight though was during the run of Barnum, got a call from another friend and was able to go help with costume changes for a well known vocalist group during a local performance.

It was an experience .. to say the least.

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
---Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Scota_Parisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #89
Scota_Parisi

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mz.
Relationship Status:
Houston, we have landed.

Scota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST Reputation

(Let the Sunshine In)

We starve-look
At one another
Short of breath
Walking proudly in our winter coats
Wearing smells from laboratories
Facing a dying nation
Of moving paper fantasy
Listening for the new told lies
With supreme visions of lonely tunes

Somewhere
Inside something there is a rush of
Greatness
Who knows what stands in front of
Our lives
I fashion my future on films in space
Silence
Tells me secretly
Everything
Everything

Manchester England England
Manchester England England
Eyes look your last
Across the Atlantic Sea
Arms take your last
embrace
And I'm a genius genius
And lips oh you the
doors of breath
I believe in God
Seal with a righteous kiss
And I believe that God believes in Claude
Seal with a righteous kiss
That's me, that's me, that's me
The rest is silence
The rest is silence
The rest is silence

[Singing]
Our space songs on a spider web sitar
Life is around you and in you
Answer for Timothy Leary, dearie

Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sunshine in
Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sunshine in
Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sun shine in...

And that is a wrap. Closed up Sunday night. We performed the "revival" version of "Hair". In turn it became so, so many things to me - musically and spiritually. It will take a while to sit back and process.

After a busy year with this and other shows - taking some time off to relax and sort out everything. Singing at a wedding and working on a student film are the only upcoming local projects going on for me, for a while.

Silence tells me secretly... everything.

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
---Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Scota_Parisi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scota_Parisi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #90
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,595 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Another option -- TDF.org. Students can join for $30/year, and then you can buy tix to all sorts of shows (including some Broadway ones!!) for very, very low prices. My daughter, who is a TDF member, got tickets to see "Hair" for $38, and was about ten rows back in the orchestra section.

Jen

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #91
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

*raises hand*
Toss me in the Broadway fan bucket!

When driving on a roadtrip alone, I like to sing songs from the old 60s Rogers and Hammerstein movies. No worries ... if you were to ever find yourself a passenger in my truck, I would not expect you to suffer through my singing. No one should ever have to tolerate or be exposed to the unacceptable! *chuckles to self*

Brock
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #92
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Went to the theater this evening to see A Midsummer Night's Dream.

It was excellent...great acting!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #93
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,595 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

I saw "Book of Mormon" over the weekend. It was irreverent, completely un-PC, and downright crude... and probably one of the best shows I've ever seen on Broadway!! Absolutely deserving of the 14 Tony nominations it got!

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #94
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

*Gasp*... did not know this thread was here!

I have been President of the Board of Trustee's of Diversionary Theatre here in San Diego. It's the 3rd oldest LGBT theatre in the nation!! We are very proud of what we do... from commissioning plays (Dear Harvey, The Daddy Machine, and a new one in the works), to Queer Theatre, Dance Theatre, and many more artistic endeavors!

I love theatre... cannot breath without it! We will be heading back to NYC to see a few things... Book of Mormon is one... Priscilla is another... Glad to know Book of Mormon was great... Can't wait to see it!

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #95
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I adore broadway but must admit I am still heartbroken over Cats.....one of my new favorites is Wicked. It was delightful
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #96
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Wow didn't know we have a Broadway thread! Me and Blaze go to the Theater a lot . Houston has many performances that come through here all year long. We recently saw La Cage Aux Folles..which was absolutely fabulous!!!!!!! OMG! with George Hamilton.
Today we went to see Carrie Fisher's one women show "Wishful Drinking" very funny! She is sooo clever.

What have you seen latey?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #97
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Member Photo Albums

Hey StillettoDoll!

I haven't seen a Broadway show in a while will have to check to see what the new season here brings as it's almost that time. I have read Carrie Fisher's book "Wishful Drinking" and seen excerpts of it - very clever indeed! As a hardcore Star Wars nut whose first ever crush was Princess Leia Carrie Fisher will always hold a special place in my heart!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Wow didn't know we have a Broadway thread! Me and Blaze go to the Theater a lot . Houston has many performances that come through here all year long. We recently saw La Cage Aux Folles..which was absolutely fabulous!!!!!!! OMG! with George Hamilton.
Today we went to see Carrie Fisher's one women show "Wishful Drinking" very funny! She is sooo clever.

What have you seen latey?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #98
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I live in London so see many shows in London's West-End.

However, also love going to Broadway. Ironically, my memories of watching the classic big name shows is always London-based (Les Miserables, Phantom etc) whereas the Broadway productions I've picked have often been a beat more, um, off-beat.

I went to see AvenueQ in Broadway back in 2005 when I was in NYC for a long weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. Back then, it was still relatively unknown and I wasn't overly enthusiastic to attend ... it was a truly fantastic experience and went to see it again (also in Broadway) the next year !!
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #99
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

I just recently saw "VENUS IN FUR" on Broadway...I really loved it. I found it darkly sexy, yet intelligent and humorous, as well.

Also saw Elton John's musical, "Lestat", several years ago.
This for me, was a disappointment. The characters were stiff and two-demensional...a little too "period peice".
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #100
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

bumping this thread
I grew up in NYC and have in my collection a little over 200 playbills. That's one thing I miss since moving from my native land.

Soooo, just bumping this conversation so I can live vicariously through you all again
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:

Tags
broadway, live theater, musicals