Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Butch Zone

The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 11-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #221
chrisbutch

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Relationship Status:
single

chrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputation

when you mention you are stone...some women just head for the hills....
Old 11-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #222
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbutch View Post
when you mention you are stone...some women just head for the hills....
But, the alternative is doing/allowing something that doesn't fit for you, right? I say it is much better that a woman be with me if she is stone, as well, not someone who tolerates my stoneness. Ya know?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #223
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
But, the alternative is doing/allowing something that doesn't fit for you, right? I say it is much better that a woman be with me if she is stone, as well, not someone who tolerates my stoneness. Ya know?
I wish we all weren't so conditioned to rejection that we're grateful for "someone who tolerates my stoneness". I wish we could all do better than mere tolerance.

I had a date with a stone butch who hadn't previously identified herself as such to me. When I told her I was a stonefemme and explained what that meant to me, she said, "I'm LOVING this". I wish it could always work out that way.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #224
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I wish we all weren't so conditioned to rejection that we're grateful for "someone who tolerates my stoneness". I wish we could all do better than mere tolerance.
I agree. I want to be with someone who seeks a stone butch, not tolerates it. I have been fortunate in that regard.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #225
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I totally agree with this statement. Its hard to find a Stone Butch who "gets it" not just tolerates it
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #226
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

A stone butch is a woman who is strongly masculine in character and dress, who tops their partners sexually (and sometimes emotionally), and who does not wish to be touched genitally. Not all stone butches identify in female terms, some are known to identify with male pronouns, and many stone butches - not all, but many - do not identify themselves with lesbian or within the lesbian community. A common partner for a stone butch is a Stone Femme, who is a femme who bottoms sexually or who wishes not to touch the genitals of her stone butch partner. This is not one hundred percent of the former or latter but is a overall old school pattern. Butches are very diverse in emotion and sexual expression.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #227
chrisbutch

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Relationship Status:
single

chrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks, yes you are right of course..
well...she hasn't run, as it happens......so we will see..
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #228
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlyfemme View Post
I totally agree with this statement. Its hard to find a Stone Butch who "gets it" not just tolerates it
To clarify, I am assuming what you mean is it is hard to find a non stone butch who gets it, right? A stone butch would get it b/c they are stone like you, right?

As an aside, I do understand why it would be hard for someone of a non stone nature to understand how the way we stones have sex could meet someone's sexual needs.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #229
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ok, I am curious now. And I want to get a few thoughts on this (please be nice, I am simply curious-not trying to start anything).

I am femme but not stone femme. I have never had a problem with dating a stone butch and have dated more than one. I do not mind that someone identifes as stone and has personal preferences about how/if/where they are touched. I have always been of the mindset that if my needs are met then I am happy; it is actually a good fit because I tend to "crash" if those needs are met well. However, if I am dating someone that enjoys being touched, I am good there too. I think I am flexible based on my partner. I believe that if everything is good out of the bedroom and I get what I need in it, then the rest (ie, their personal choices) is 100% negotiable.

So, I want to know, does this make me seem that I "tolerate" someone's stoneness or does it show that I "accept" it?

Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #230
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Ok, I am curious now. And I want to get a few thoughts on this (please be nice, I am simply curious-not trying to start anything).

I am femme but not stone femme. I have never had a problem with dating a stone butch and have dated more than one. I do not mind that someone identifes as stone and has personal preferences about how/if/where they are touched. I have always been of the mindset that if my needs are met then I am happy; it is actually a good fit because I tend to "crash" if those needs are met well. However, if I am dating someone that enjoys being touched, I am good there too. I think I am flexible based on my partner. I believe that if everything is good out of the bedroom and I get what I need in it, then the rest (ie, their personal choices) is 100% negotiable.

So, I want to know, does this make me seem that I "tolerate" someone's stoneness or does it show that I "accept" it?

To me, it means that you accept and respect your partner. Its all about the attitude. _
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #231
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Its here....Friday! Have a wonderful weekend all you handsome Stone Butches and Femme's that adore Stone Butches!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #232
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

Good point. I am glad you asked because it gives me the opportunity to clarify. I think that if someone feels completely satisfied with either a stone or non-stone partner, than acceptance would be a better word.

For me, in thinking about it, if I was with someone who could go either way, I think there would be a part of me that would always wonder if they were getting their needs met...or if they could get their needs met long term.

Granted, I am a "no touch", stone butch. Maybe if I were a "no penetration, but everything else is fine", stone butch, or a "don't touch me up top, but touch me everywhere else", stone butch, I would struggle less with understanding how one could go either way. Get what I am saying? If one enjoys touching/licking/sucking female genitals/breasts, then how could they possibly be able to get all of their sexual needs met without being able to have at least some contact with their partner's breasts/genitals? Is it analogous to the bisexual person who can be satisfied with only dating one sex (rather than the bisexual person who needs to have both sexes in order to be satisfied)?

Interesting subject, thanks for raising it.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #233
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good point. I am glad you asked because it gives me the opportunity to clarify. I think that if someone feels completely satisfied with either a stone or non-stone partner, than acceptance would be a better word.

For me, in thinking about it, if I was with someone who could go either way, I think there would be a part of me that would always wonder if they were getting their needs met...or if they could get their needs met long term.

Granted, I am a "no touch", stone butch. Maybe if I were a "no penetration, but everything else is fine", stone butch, or a "don't touch me up top, but touch me everywhere else", stone butch, I would struggle less with understanding how one could go either way. Get what I am saying? If one enjoys touching/licking/sucking female genitals/breasts, then how could they possibly be able to get all of their sexual needs met without being able to have at least some contact with their partner's breasts/genitals? Is it analogous to the bisexual person who can be satisfied with only dating one sex (rather than the bisexual person who needs to have both sexes in order to be satisfied)?

Interesting subject, thanks for raising it.

I kind of have to agree with Dapper on this... I would also wonder if her needs were actually being met, because what I'm getting from this is that, if you can go either way then somewhere inside you wants to touch, etc. I cannot provide that for the other person so I would have a sense of guilt because deep I would think that I am not fulfilling their needs fully.. which for me.. being the extreme stone giver, is what gets my needs met.

I guess if you have someone who is okay with a partner willing and accepting of going either way then that is a good fit... it's just not a good for me.

Thanks for asking...
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #234
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlyfemme View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, I was wondering why there wasn't something for Stones
I was trying to explain to a friend a week ago or so what a Stone Butch was and equally what a Stone Femme was. After explaining, she realized that she's a Stone Femme!!
I adore Stone Butches, they totally get my get my pulse racing and my heart racing. There's nothing like an Old Fashioned Stone Butch...now if I could only fine a Single one lol
___Oh...we stone butches are out there...(single ones) ... just waiting...and searching...for that one femme who will appreciate us for all that we are and can be.... thanks for your post!

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #235
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for this thread. It took me awhile to realize that I was a stone femme but finding that identity freed me and explained a lot of things in my life. Stones need their counterparts---stone butch and stone femme--because we understand like no other what it's like being stone or how much pleasure there is in finding that right complement to us.

I'm still looking. And since we are such a small percentage of the b-f community, which is a small percentage of the lesbian community, my search will be difficult. But I'm very glad for the discussion and the community on this thread.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #236
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Let's see... the best way for me to explain <<< this stone butch is that I'm a giver, not a receiver. I totally enjoy the cuddles and the loving and the affection but I have no desire whatsoever to be touched or perceived in a feminizing manner. This means anything below the waist. I get complete and total pleasure when the femme I am with is satisfied. By this I mean, I orgasm when she orgasms. It's the idea... the thought... it's a deep soulful thing to know that I am the one satisfying her needs that completely takes me over the top.
I have been in relationships where I was told that she understood my needs but six months, several years later, they asked for the unaskable. It changed things after that with each of them. I never really felt comfortable after that because I never knew if I would be asked again or if they were really okay with the arrangements we had talked about from the beginning. It's a trust and respect thing. It would be no different for a femme to tell me from the beginning that she does not like the idea of fisting or anal sex and then asking her later in the relationship if I could do that to her. Now if she changed her mind and not by my persuasion... then I would, but only at her request. Hope this helped...
sigh....sounds wonderful...
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #237
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTrambler View Post
___Oh...we stone butches are out there...(single ones) ... just waiting...and searching...for that one femme who will appreciate us for all that we are and can be.... thanks for your post!
.....gets high powered binoculars and telescopes out to look for single, sane, (well, somewhat sane), honorable stone butches! Maybe I need to shake the bushes a little and see what I can find there!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #238
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Laneydoll; I just wanted to say I like the way you worded your post. I think it means you accept this as there is nothing derogative or "bad" to tolerate.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #239
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I am curious about myself as well. Do you think it is strange that when I am dating a ftm or someone who is stone that my mind just automatically "avoids" the areas that are off limits or in the case of a ftm, I just naturally associate that person as male-just like they present themselves as there is nothing feminine or feminizing about them? I have had many conversations where I have defended myself that "I couldnt possibly see someone as something other than what they are born as." It really offends me. Does this make me "strange"?
Dont get me wrong, I am all about pleasing my partner and making them feel good, but its almost as if its instilled in me that I *know* how to accomplish this without making them uncomfortable, overstepping boundaries or trying to do something they don't appreciate.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #240
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
Its interesting that you should write that there is an energy that is particular to Stones- of course I have heard of those who prefer to partner with Stones but I had always considered that a preference for a certain type of dynamic but had never contemplated that there was a “Stone energy”. Elsewhere in an attempt to clarify what is meant by a “feminizing touch” in the context of a Stone I wrote… self fulfillment comes from being externally focused, by that I do not refer to my external self- but to my sexual partner. Being inside her both physically and mentally is where I find my “on” switch.

The musician reaches that other place when hy brings the instrument alive- together each is able to experience their potential- realize what they were made for. I was not made to have another take me in hand; I was made to be with someone who does not simply allow, but wants, needs to surrender. And in that surrender she allows me to be who I truly am.

While some will equate Stone to simply having personal limits, for me it is far more encompassing- Stone isn’t about sex with restrictions, it is about everything- it is how we perceive the world, but more importantly it is about how we relate, understand, communicate, and connect to another.

A Stone Butch is a Stone Butch- regardless if they are partnered- but without the one who “gets it”, they are not a musician, simply a person who knows how to play a musical instrument.
exactly... this feels just right... I must memorize this...I want some one is on with my surrender because that is what I want.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: