Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #101
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thinking about the whole chain reaction financially about Gulf coast people. You are a fishing company or charter business and there are the losses in income. Then, no checks from BP (or a fraction of what you are losing). As most of us do when maoney is tight, we stop services, don't buy anything that is non-essential. So, if you pay a gardener, you stop that service. He or she loses many of their customers. The local market you shop in begins to feel business slowing. You stop your cable or even internet. No more new clothes or going out to dinner or taking in a movie. Forget those home improvements you wanted to do. The folks that work in all related industries are affected in this chain. The company that cans your fish lays off workers. Boats are docked, employees laid off. Recreational and vacation businesses are seeing huge losses. On and on. And this in the midst of the biggest recession for decades and after hurricanes that the recovery for haver not been fully reached! So, when it hits more state bays and beach areas.....

Now.... look at the goods and services that depend on the goods and services of the gulf fare in this that are not even in the Gulf
!

Last edited by AtLast; 06-10-2010 at 12:40 AM.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #102
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Wow, I totally missed that. He's being criticized for consulting with experts? I really do live in the land of the truly stupid, don't I?
And the latest attack from Faux News Whack-Winger Wagon comes after he made the kick in the ass comment... its un-presidential, and street talk (really love that one, some racism in that one?). Prior to this, they were all over him about not emoting about it. Hummm... I guess Bush's massacre of the English language as in misunderestimated and I am the decider are presidential?

Again, I have my own criticisms of him about some things, but, I] forfucksakes!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #103
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,851 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
And the latest attack from Faux News Whack-Winger Wagon comes after he made the kick in the ass comment... its un-presidential, and street talk (really love that one, some racism in that one?). Prior to this, they were all over him about not emoting about it. Hummm... I guess Bush's massacre of the English language as in misunderestimated and I am the decider are presidential?

Again, I have my own criticisms of him about some things, but, I] forfucksakes!
Oh, it's happening at Faux Newz. That's to be expected - they're just manipulative idiots. I thought that you were referring to, you know, actual news stuff (though I have to use the term loosely these days) from actual news places or from people who actually think and stuff. Even the racism is to be expected.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #104
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I used to work in a maritime related field - Exxon, BP and most of the other oil companies were in my membership. From the sidelines, I couldn't begin to tell you about the frustration in watching them get away with the things they did ... corruption in this field doesn't begin to describe it.

Exxon was supposed to pay the locals for their losses, and managed to skirt around it. They didn't pay close to what they were supposed to ... after twenty years of appeals, they ended up paying a little more than the cost of 'cleanup'. It's outrageous. And Alaska still suffers from the spill - twenty years later - and that spill wasn't as big as this one.

Ugh.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #105
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Doonesbury is a "must read" today.....linkyloo
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #106
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default mayonnaise used to clean turtles at hospital -

http://www.justnews.com/news/23849897/detail.html
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #107
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I thought this was pretty funny. And sometimes you need that.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #108
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

Well, the BP disaster has showed us one very important thing. Our latest president is bought and paid for just like the rest before him. He's an insider. They all are (were) Thing is, this time they went a little too far and oversold this guy. Now we can't put the genie back in the bottle. Suddenly both sides have come to the conclusion that they've been jerked around wildly and for far too long. The old Left/Right paradigm is dead on arrival. If you weren’t able to see how the revolving door in politics between government and corporations is methodically killing everything in its path, while the MSM pretends not to be complicit while they themselves methodically distract people from this fact in return for money (payoffs), then you’ll get the message when you figure out that this oil volcano is too huge for containment. The carnage to this country will be legendary. Oh, and BP knew this was going to happen.

This message brought to you by an Independent.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #109
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #110
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
certainly captured the polarization of this country ...
thanks for that HSIN!
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #111
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

It totally captures the hypocrisy of the right...
Old 06-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #112
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

The Coast Guard is requiring BP to midnight tonight to come up with a plan. Good luck with that one.

President Obama is meeting with the higer ups of BP and then having an 8pm Live TV news conference about the oil slick on Wed.

I think we all are going to be eating farm raised seafood in our future.

Andrew

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #113
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

And Standard Oil had a spill in Utah this weekend!

Official: Oil spill hasn't reached Great Salt Lake

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/13/AR2010061302595.html

First estimates given were in the 400-500 gallon range.... but, now it looks like 21000! Sound familiar?
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #114
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

500 barrels (42 gallons per barrel)............that shit happens all the time.......all the time.......it just never makes the news.....

It's only making the news because it makes folks watch CNN, Fake News, etc.........I promise if BP and the Gulf were not in the news no one.........no one........would even know this happened.....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #115
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

Why have we turned down offers from the Dutch to come over and suck up the oil so that it wouldn’t have had to turn into an ecological holocaust? Three days after BP’s Deepwater Horizon drilling platform exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, the Netherlands offered to help. Ships could have set about clearing the oil using Dutch sweeping arms, but the US government didn’t take up the offer. Why?

Why are we ignoring the fact that dispersant merely acted to submerge the oil creating giant underwater plumes stretching for miles and making clean up impossible? And why is the media ignoring that BP was allowed to run the show (literally a show) and manipulate the public as to how much oil was actually coming out of that pipe? (And, STILL does as a matter of fact.) First it was 5,000 and now it’s 50,000 barrels per day. Who knows? Let's have a press conference!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #116
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Gallais View Post
Why have we turned down offers from the Dutch to come over and suck up the oil so that it wouldn’t have had to turn into an ecological holocaust? Three days after BP’s Deepwater Horizon drilling platform exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, the Netherlands offered to help. Ships could have set about clearing the oil using Dutch sweeping arms, but the US government didn’t take up the offer. Why?

Why are we ignoring the fact that dispersant merely acted to submerge the oil creating giant underwater plumes stretching for miles and making clean up impossible? And why is the media ignoring that BP was allowed to run the show (literally a show) and manipulate the public as to how much oil was actually coming out of that pipe? (And, STILL does as a matter of fact.) First it was 5,000 and now it’s 50,000 barrels per day. Who knows? Let's have a press conference!
It could be that the Dutch were turned down due to ownership rights, cause ya' know BP is only sucking up the oil so it can be sold by them to us. It could be that the US government isn't in the business of oil reclamation, and as such has limited resources as a military operation to do anything to help. It could be many things, thing is you are asking the wrong people WHY any of this is in our ability to answer. Try your representative who probably takes big oil pac dollars, or your Senator, who's pockets are lined with big oils dollars. We the people have no friggen clue WHY.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #117
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Dear Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old G
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but:
Mar. 17,2010
BP CEO Hayward sells 223,288 shares.
April 12,2010
Halliburton pays 232 million after spill to company "Boots&Coots"
This month
SEC investigating shorts placed on TransOcean stocks days before explosion.
Today
Folks are getting arrested for taking pictures, and reporters are prevented from doing their jobs...OUTRAGED!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #118
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,889 Times in 2,484 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm wondering when it's going to be announced that gas prices are going to go up, due to the spill in the Gulf.

That would, quite simply, be the garnish for this whole entire shit sandwich.

~Theo~
Old 06-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #119
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

BP refused the Dutch offer of help. The US government did not refuse help. BP is in charge not the government.

Some parts of the mainstream media are ignoring the plumes. Rachel Maddow (for one) has not been ignoring the plumes or the horrific response to maintaining and replacing the various types of booms BP keeps proudly telling you how much boom they have laid out. Putting boom in the water and then walking away is not a response.

==========
Gas has dropped about 11 cents a gallon since oil began spewing out of the well head.

Gas prices normally go up in the summer and prior to this disaster was going up. Now prices have dropped.

==========
popcorn....

msdemeanor address the stock issue in a previous post in this thread There is nothing going on about that.

---------------
this post was brought to you by an independent also...........since CA passed the stupidest open primary law anywhere it matters not what political party you belong to.......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #120
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
BP refused the Dutch offer of help. The US government did not refuse help. BP is in charge not the government.

Some parts of the mainstream media are ignoring the plumes. Rachel Maddow (for one) has not been ignoring the plumes or the horrific response to maintaining and replacing the various types of booms BP keeps proudly telling you how much boom they have laid out. Putting boom in the water and then walking away is not a response.

==========
Gas has dropped about 11 cents a gallon since oil began spewing out of the well head.

Gas prices normally go up in the summer and prior to this disaster was going up. Now prices have dropped.

==========
popcorn....

msdemeanor address the stock issue in a previous post in this thread There is nothing going on about that.

---------------
this post was brought to you by an independent also...........since CA passed the stupidest open primary law anywhere it matters not what political party you belong to.......

And I wonder what Obama will be saying about who is in charge tomorrow night? The only person that appears to me like he has a realistic take on things is Thad Allen. Realistic does include the gravity and idiocy in the whole situation.

Maddow's coverage has been super with getting the plume message out. And those puppies really bother me.

The gas prices are interesting, what's up with this? I don't fill up very much, have no idea what gas prices have been doing.

Yanno, I'm just not concerned about BP's stock prices in terms of British retirees or shareholoders. However, my guess is that from the start, BP's financial analysts have been working on the bankruptcy rationale they will be filing. They are going to get out of the cost of clean-up, re-organize and come back and drill in the Gulf. I just don't believe they will and the brunt of the costs will come right from our pockets. This escrow fund being talked about in the Congress is bogus political posturing.

Hummmm... our new CA open primary legislation .... I voted no, but to be honest, I am not entirely against open primaries. I am registered as decline to state, anyway.