Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #1841
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
Virgo Moon Survey:

Does the full moon impact your appetite? I don't think so, but my hormones definitely do

What is your beverage of choice to have with a meal? It depends on what I'm eating...it can range from a soda to milk to beer to water

Name your Top 3 Comfort Foods: In n' Out Double Double Animal Style with extra spread, homemade mac and cheese, sphaghetti

If you could have anyone cook for you who would it be? Guy Fieri, hands down

If you could have a meal anywhere in the world, where would you go? Spain

Do you have a Food TV show that you like? If so what do you like about it? Diners, Drive ins, and Dives; what's not to like?

What do you want to learn how to cook/make? An excellent steak on the grill, on the stove/oven

For the non cooks, what do you never want to learn how to cook/make?Coleslaw

Name your Top 3 Desserts: flan, tiramisu, chocolate/peanut butter pie

Create a new ice cream flavor. Give it a name: Bourbon-banana
Looks like DDD is a popular show!

Great ice cream choice. I need to figure out how to work banana into ice cream better than my last experiment that did not go very well.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #1842
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

What about making a banana base and then adding other ingredients to it? Or do another type of base and adding frozen chopped/mashed banana to it -- Just a thought.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #1843
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
"We interrupt this programming to bring you a special report"

Cheesecake is leading by a landslide in the "Favorite Dessert" category!
Ironically one of my favorite non traditional cheesecakes is called "landslide" Think chocolate explosion meets mississippi mud pie and then collides with a caramel turtle.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #1844
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Question for all of you foodies and delicious people!

I was just wondering what your birthday traditions were food wise? Does food play a huge role (family meals, going out with friends) or is it just something that happens at somepoint during the day?

Do any of you have any favorite birthday or special occasion recipes, restaurants or desserts???

Birthday cake? Icecream cake? Cupcakes?

I have been thinking about this over the course of the last week. I haven't focused much on it, but the idea of picking out a cake is always a serious task. There is so much to choose from! Do you go with your all time favorite or to mark a special milestone or change in your life, do you go with something completely different?

Homemade? Locally made/purchased? Store bought?

I am sorry if this is way off topic but birthdays have always been something I have celebrated for my friends. Only a few times since I was a kid have I really appreicated the meaning for myself. This year I get it. Last year I wanted to but turning 30 is scary and yes I realize it is irrational in a lot of ways. It was celebrated but I dreaded it. I am dreading this one because now it's going to be official. Not 30 anymore but actually INTO the 30's, like the twilight zone? LOL

I am sorry for rambling but I just woke up from a ridiculously sweet 3 hour nap and I had dreams of dancing icecream cones. How appropriate for me to post in here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #1845
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Mayonnaise cake, that my wife makes. Every year.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #1846
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Mayonnaise cake, that my wife makes. Every year.
I have neer heard of mayonnaise cake! I will have to try to look this up. Thanks for sharing, Corkey.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #1847
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I know some of you might think this is gross, but I made a hotdog without a hotdog bun. I substituted green leaf lettuce for the bun. I used a stick of cheese, the weenie of course, and mustard. It was pretty good with a lot less calories. I gotta drop 10 or 15 pounds so this could be an option. I only want to loose the weight so I can be a bit more active. I kind of like my budda belly.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #1848
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I know some of you might think this is gross, but I made a hotdog without a hotdog bun. I substituted green leaf lettuce for the bun. I used a stick of cheese, the weenie of course, and mustard. It was pretty good with a lot less calories. I gotta drop 10 or 15 pounds so this could be an option. I only want to loose the weight so I can be a bit more active. I kind of like my budda belly.
I don't think that's gross. I think it's very creative to substitute the bun for lettuce! I wish you the best in finding what works for you to get more active
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #1849
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If you like tacos substitute the tortilla with leafy lettuce.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #1850
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
If you like tacos substitute the tortilla with leafy lettuce.
That's a great option too. Thanks! I'll definitely try it.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #1851
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,300 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Homemade spaghetti sauce tips/tricks/ingredients/etc.

So, I'm making homemade spaghetti sauce tonight and wondering what others add to their sauce to make it awesome?

I made a basic recipe tonight: Ground chuck, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sauteed onions/bell peppers/garlic, kosher sea salt/pepper, Italian seasoning blend, 1 bay leaf, and a lot of hopeful anticipation.

I like for my sauce to simmer a good 3 hours, at least, before I eat it.

What about you guys?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #1852
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
So, I'm making homemade spaghetti sauce tonight and wondering what others add to their sauce to make it awesome?

I made a basic recipe tonight: Ground chuck, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sauteed onions/bell peppers/garlic, kosher sea salt/pepper, Italian seasoning blend, 1 bay leaf, and a lot hopeful anticipation.

What about you guys?
5 or so drops of hot sauce, mushrooms and basil added to what your recipe generally calls for I don't like a lot of heat but a couple of drops of hot sauce gives an almost unrecognizable kick.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #1853
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:

I made a basic recipe tonight: Ground chuck, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sauteed onions/bell peppers/garlic, kosher sea salt/pepper, Italian seasoning blend, 1 bay leaf, and a lot hopeful anticipation.

What about you guys?
Add a little soy sauce to it it adds a depth of flavor.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #1854
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I made a basic recipe tonight: Ground chuck, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sauteed onions/bell peppers/garlic, kosher sea salt/pepper, Italian seasoning blend, 1 bay leaf, and a lot of hopeful anticipation.

What about you guys?
Sounds great as it is. I do 2 sauces one quick: Start with chopped fresh garlic sauteed in olive oil for a few minutes (do not brown just soften) fresh basil, plum tomato's. That's it. Cook less than 15 mins. Longer releases too much acid.

Longer sauce: Start by sauteeing garlic in olive oil, add beef and pork cuts (depends on what inspires me at market) plum tomato's, basil and a little oregano (fresh if I can get it or dried if I can not) simmer for several hours. This is closer to what my Italian relatives brought from Italy.

― Rumi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #1855
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Virgo Moon Survey:

Does the full moon impact your appetite?

More energy less appetite. Interesting.

What is your beverage of choice to have with a meal?

My ginger ale, or green tea if it is Asian food.

Name your Top 3 Comfort Foods:

Toasted plain or everything bagel, with butter.

Arroz con Pollo, with black beans, guac, sour cream, salsa and tabasco

Cappellini or thin Spaghetti with light plum tomato sauce and lots of Locatelli Romano cheese

If you could have anyone cook for you who would it be?

dixie - I hear she can throw down some Stroganoff and Chicken and Dumplings.

If you could have a meal anywhere in the world, where would you go? Tell us about it.

I would go to an Island beach or one of the less populated Keys and grill on the beach. All day and night.

Do you have a Food TV show that you like? If so what do you like about it?

I like Top Chef, and anything with Nigella Lawso, Giada De Laurentis or Sunny Anderson. I do not watch much TV these days but I like what I have seen.

Top Chef inspires my imagination and it is cool to see what Chefs come up with.

The others...well lovely ladies who can cook..what can I say.

What do you want to learn how to cook/make?

I am going to work on learning more about confections.

Name your Top 3 Desserts:

Chocolate & Coffee Ice Cream
Lemon Italian Ice
Creme Brulee with fresh raspberries

Create a new ice cream flavor. Give it a name:

Espresso and Cream with chocolate chips - Coffee Seduction

( This was kinda like talking to myself! )

― Rumi

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1856
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
I was just wondering what your birthday traditions were food wise? Does food play a huge role (family meals, going out with friends) or is it just something that happens at somepoint during the day?

Do any of you have any favorite birthday or special occasion recipes, restaurants or desserts???

I have been thinking about this over the course of the last week. I haven't focused much on it, but the idea of picking out a cake is always a serious task. There is so much to choose from! Do you go with your all time favorite or to mark a special milestone or change in your life, do you go with something completely different?

I am sorry if this is way off topic but birthdays have always been something I have celebrated for my friends. Only a few times since I was a kid have I really appreicated the meaning for myself. This year I get it. Last year I wanted to but turning 30 is scary and yes I realize it is irrational in a lot of ways. It was celebrated but I dreaded it. I am dreading this one because now it's going to be official. Not 30 anymore but actually INTO the 30's, like the twilight zone? LOL

I am sorry for rambling but I just woke up from a ridiculously sweet 3 hour nap and I had dreams of dancing icecream cones. How appropriate for me to post in here.

I think I am leaning towards something other than chocolate cake. Icecream cake, a fruit torte or maybe a nice strawberry cheesecake even?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #1857
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
What about making a banana base and then adding other ingredients to it? Or do another type of base and adding frozen chopped/mashed banana to it -- Just a thought.

It is the consistency of the banana once frozen that I need to experiment with. I refuse to use flavorings or extracts so the flavor has to come from some maceration of the fruit. Same with coffee flavored ice cream which I have been working on. I cooked the espresso down and then made a syrup. The banana is a little more challenging but it is fun to work with.

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #1858
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Hi kannon

Lettuce is a great substitute for bread. Great idea.

Stay well hydrated and be careful with the sodium.

― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #1859
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post

Ah Birthdays...wow. My first date with my ex was on my birthday a few years ago. I had been working on my birthday for the past few years as it falls on a big holiday weekend, so she wanted to make it special for me and she did. We had a few new traditions that were unique to us.

As for a cake I like Tiramisu cake, or the cake that I had growing up which was unique made by my request, an Angel food cake filled with orange sorbet. No idea where I came up with this fru fru cake idea when I was a kid but I did and one of my Aunts made it for me every year. It was awesome.

For the last 10 years my favorite place to spend birthday dinner has been my favorite sushi bar in Northern CA. Some of my favorite foods are there.

Strawberry shortcake is also something that I love as is Lemon Merengue pie. All would be fun to have on a birthday.

― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #1860
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Ah Birthdays...wow. My first date with my ex was on my birthday a few years ago. I had been working on my birthday for the past few years as it falls on a big holiday weekend, so she wanted to make it special for me and she did. We had a few new traditions that were unique to us.

As for a cake I like Tiramisu cake, or the cake that I had growing up which was unique made by my request, an Angel food cake filled with orange sorbet. No idea where I came up with this fru fru cake idea when I was a kid but I did and one of my Aunts made it for me every year. It was awesome.

For the last 10 years my favorite place to spend birthday dinner has been my favorite sushi bar in Northern CA. Some of my favorite foods are there.

Strawberry shortcake is also something that I love as is Lemon Merengue pie. All would be fun to have on a birthday.
*S That "fru fru" cake sounds quite delicious! I could likely ice it and garnish with shaved pieces of chocolate orange (not trying to insult your tradition)

It sounds like your birthdays have always been really special, as they should be.

I have traveled so much (only abroad once) that my birthday usually just ends up being celebrated with whoever happens to be around at the time. Sometimes it is the good company of close friends or family, sometimes just with people passing through wherever I am and other times it is spent taking myself to lunch at an authentic local bistro.

I would love to have a huge potluck one year and invite friends from near and far to join me for some adult conversation, drinks and silly boardgames.

This year I am thinking about celebrating the changes in my life and I would like to have or cook a meal that has been influenced by my decision to travel again.

Maybe I will make a few comfort dishes and forget about the traditional cake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post: