Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #61
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Candace and everyone! I'm totally in as well! I'm almost done with my two week vacation and so next week I'm going to be getting on a new routine and stuff. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I know I'm hovering around 250 and would like to be about 100lbs less. I am worried about my health definitely. On monday I am going to start school and a new exercise routine to go with it. Then next friday I'm going to do the Master Cleanse to clean my body out, and after that's done, I am going to finally start my eating plan. I purchased the Food Lovers Fat Loss System last year and have yet to use it. Its amazing though and I love the guy who developed it. http://foodloversfatloss.com

Good luck to everyone!
SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #62
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I have lost a lot. I am not good about weighing myself since I grew up being placed on scales every day. So I take pictures and only weigh myself when I go to the doctor.

I call it my progress picture. To me this is how I "see" the changes I have made. It has taken me two years to do this the right way.

I eat a diabetic program, several small meals a day (and I mean small). I had to lose a certain amount to be able to exercise more fully. Now I am working with a personal trainer. Who would a thunk?

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #63
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default crisis crisis crisis

okay...i'm smoking waaaaaay too much. it's like i want to put food in my mouth and to stop it i light a ciggie. before you start....i smoke because it makes the drugs work better. that's not a con. you can look it up. but i've gone from 4 or 5 a day to 10 or 15 a day.

trying to replace the extra ciggies with non-oral habits. (quit snickering gemmie) i was drinking a big glass of water whenever i wanted a ciggie but it makes my tummy swimmy to drink that much water all the time (i already drink a lot of water) and i really dont want to reinforce the "put something in your mouth" thingy. yanno?

shootdamnfuck
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #64
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
okay...i'm smoking waaaaaay too much. it's like i want to put food in my mouth and to stop it i light a ciggie. before you start....i smoke because it makes the drugs work better. that's not a con. you can look it up. but i've gone from 4 or 5 a day to 10 or 15 a day.

trying to replace the extra ciggies with non-oral habits. (quit snickering gemmie) i was drinking a big glass of water whenever i wanted a ciggie but it makes my tummy swimmy to drink that much water all the time (i already drink a lot of water) and i really dont want to reinforce the "put something in your mouth" thingy. yanno?

shootdamnfuck
What? Who? Meeeee? Lil ole me?

Okay, so I MIGHT have snickered....just a little bit!

Have you had the opportunity to try the electric(al) cigarette thingy? That way, you can choose when to use your 'helps the drugs flow' sticks versus the 'need something in your mouth' thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #65
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Have you had the opportunity to try the electric(al) cigarette thingy? That way, you can choose when to use your 'helps the drugs flow' sticks versus the 'need something in your mouth' thing.

is it the same Gemmie? it gives you a hit of nick? right? it's $100+ to start the ECThingy. but i'm going to be looking into it. thanx for the suggestion. i appreciate you!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #66
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
is it the same Gemmie? it gives you a hit of nick? right? it's $100+ to start the ECThingy. but i'm going to be looking into it. thanx for the suggestion. i appreciate you!
Is it that much?

Wow.

Consider the appreciation mutualized.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #67
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Is it that much?

Wow.

Consider the appreciation mutualized.

if i get it i have to move in with you in order to recover from the financial devastation. but i'm martha stewart's white trash sister so you'll be fed, pampered and decorated within an inch of your life. and i have a cute
Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #68
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

if i get it i have to move in with you in order to recover from the financial devastation. but i'm martha stewart's white trash sister so you'll be fed, pampered and decorated within an inch of your life. and i have a cute
Does she play well with other ?

If so, bring it, sistah!

On a slightly on topic point, I've done pretty well today, as far as working out and my food intake. Of course, I still have dinner and supper before the day is done and I'm having angel food cake with canned pears for dessert, so I know my sugar % will go up, but not as bad as yesterday (951% of my rda as determined by thedailyplate.com)

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #69
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I set up a live journal account
we will see how this goes
perhaps I need to take some risks

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #70
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

you GO brave girl!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #71
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

HEy all I'm headed home now from my trip so ill be posting soon!!!!
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #72
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

We tried the electric ciggy. ICK. Ugh. Not that, Not never.

It releases a vapor in your mouth. Not only does it taste horrible, it leaves a horrific aftertaste kinda coating on your tongue.

I realize that to non smokers this may sound like an improvement, but it really isnt.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #73
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I quit smoking (again) 29 days ago. I have smoked on and off since I was 13 or 14. I did the patch for four days but broke out in a rash, so after 4 days I went cold turkey. It was time. I did it for me, but it was also a gift to someone I love who wanted me to stop. Love and devotion is a great motivator for me.

The quitting smoking and the exercising are the best things for me. Dealing with smoking people around me is horrid. The third day I quit I went to a party where everyone was smoking in every room...hard to get away from it. LOL Sometimes that is no different than trying to get away from sugar!

My personal trainer is a body builder gay boy. I love him. I hate him. I love him. I hate the mean dirty bastard. I love the mean dirty bastard. I posted a pic of him in my gallery. He is also glad I have stopped smoking and loves and kisses me into doing what I need to do for myself. Somehow I find it easier to follow through with someone who also LIVES what they demand of me. LOL

I am not good at journals. In fact I don't really do them at all. Talullah Bankhead once said, "Only the good girls keep dairies, the bad ones don't have the time." I have tried, I do better at writing poetry and prose to express my feelings! But that is just me!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #74
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
So I'm a huge Alton Brown fan. I just watched his latest (I think) Good Eats show. He shares some of his weight loss techniques. He shared a smoothie recipe that he says he has every morning (or a variation of). I think I am going to try that as part of my routine.

Part of what he said is something I've heard before...that people who eat breakfast lose weight faster.

He shared the smoothie recipe, a totally disgusting sardines on toast recipe as well as a yummy toasted almonds recipe. Of the almonds he said one ounce twice a day was his limit.

Not sure I can stick to his plan but I know I love smoothies so I am going to incorporate those into my eating plan.

Sorry I don't remember the episode title. I know it had "diet" in the title though. The most interesting thing to me was that he lost 50 lbs in 9 months and claims to have never eaten anything with the word "diet" in the title.

I Love you Arwen, and I know you can do this It's always tough to get started...but sticking with it is easy b/c you have ME here to support you. We can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowchick07 View Post
Hey Candace and everyone! I'm totally in as well! I'm almost done with my two week vacation and so next week I'm going to be getting on a new routine and stuff. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I know I'm hovering around 250 and would like to be about 100lbs less. I am worried about my health definitely. On monday I am going to start school and a new exercise routine to go with it. Then next friday I'm going to do the Master Cleanse to clean my body out, and after that's done, I am going to finally start my eating plan. I purchased the Food Lovers Fat Loss System last year and have yet to use it. Its amazing though and I love the guy who developed it. http://foodloversfatloss.com

Good luck to everyone!
YAY.....good luck sweet cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
I have lost a lot. I am not good about weighing myself since I grew up being placed on scales every day. So I take pictures and only weigh myself when I go to the doctor.

I call it my progress picture. To me this is how I "see" the changes I have made. It has taken me two years to do this the right way.

I eat a diabetic program, several small meals a day (and I mean small). I had to lose a certain amount to be able to exercise more fully. Now I am working with a personal trainer. Who would a thunk?
Quote:
I quit smoking (again) 29 days ago. I have smoked on and off since I was 13 or 14. I did the patch for four days but broke out in a rash, so after 4 days I went cold turkey. It was time. I did it for me, but it was also a gift to someone I love who wanted me to stop. Love and devotion is a great motivator for me.

The quitting smoking and the exercising are the best things for me. Dealing with smoking people around me is horrid. The third day I quit I went to a party where everyone was smoking in every room...hard to get away from it. LOL Sometimes that is no different than trying to get away from sugar!

My personal trainer is a body builder gay boy. I love him. I hate him. I love him. I hate the mean dirty bastard. I love the mean dirty bastard. I posted a pic of him in my gallery. He is also glad I have stopped smoking and loves and kisses me into doing what I need to do for myself. Somehow I find it easier to follow through with someone who also LIVES what they demand of me. LOL

I am not good at journals. In fact I don't really do them at all. Talullah Bankhead once said, "Only the good girls keep dairies, the bad ones don't have the time." I have tried, I do better at writing poetry and prose to express my feelings! But that is just me!

Isa, It is so exciting to see you here. I sure wish I lived in your area b/c a gay personal trainer....well that just sounds like fun!!! I have decided that I need to work out alone for a while before trying to get a trainer or join an actual gym I'd be so embarassed to huff and puff and passout at a normal gym with people all around

Blessings to you my dear, we are gonna have a grreeaatttt year

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

Congrats, darling. I am so happy you're taking the steps needed to be brave and face this crap head on
Old 01-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #75
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Sooooo........

The trip to washington was so exciting I actually fuggin HIKED!!!!!

It was sooooooo liberating. I kept thinking what the hell are you trying to prove candace you can't do this......you're terrified of the outdoors and you're too out of shape. But I blocked out those thoughts and just did it. IT was so exciting to know that I could complete a trail. 2 of them in 1 day in fact. Wow....

Hikes are so much fun, in case some of you haven't ever tried it. It's really awesome to be out with nature.

We hike a moss trail in the rainforest. Which, was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I did almost perfect with eating. At the very end of the last day I was STARVING we had hiked and I had been eating low cal all weekend. So, I fuggin binged at wendy's. I had their grilled chicken club sandwich with no mayo and small fries and chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce. All together over 1000 calories.

*sigh*

It's not a huge decline. At least I didn't eat a greasy burger or taco bell. Wendy's has the lowest caloric food....and fresh ingredients.

*sigh again*

Anyway, it's back to home cooking again, which I feel MUCH safer with.

*nod*

Love you all....
Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #76
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Well I went shopping today and bought stuff to make smoothies. I pre-made tomorrow's ... or at least it is in the fridge so the frozen fruit can soften up. I am determined to do a smoothie for breakfast EVERY day this week.

I also bought a scale...did I say this already? It's a huge thing for me because I detest weighing myself. But this one is in the kitchen so I can just hop on it once a week or so.

I am going to put this out there. I weigh 245 lbs as of today.

Now to wait the thirty minutes so I can't erase that. That is not a healthy weight for me due to my back problems. I love my body as it is but the extra weight's gotta go bye bye.

Rock on on the hiking, Candace. There's a guy who talks about his diet method. He is fierce on himself 6 out of 7 days. The 7th day he doesn't worry about it at all. So I think you should forgive yourself the Wendy's.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #77
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post

Isa, It is so exciting to see you here. I sure wish I lived in your area b/c a gay personal trainer....well that just sounds like fun!!! I have decided that I need to work out alone for a while before trying to get a trainer or join an actual gym I'd be so embarassed to huff and puff and passout at a normal gym with people all around

Blessings to you my dear, we are gonna have a grreeaatttt year

Oh, hell honey, I would not be caught dead in a gym. Just ew. I have a workout room in my complex.

The Following User Says Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #78
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Well I went shopping today and bought stuff to make smoothies. I pre-made tomorrow's ... or at least it is in the fridge so the frozen fruit can soften up. I am determined to do a smoothie for breakfast EVERY day this week.

I also bought a scale...did I say this already? It's a huge thing for me because I detest weighing myself. But this one is in the kitchen so I can just hop on it once a week or so.

I am going to put this out there. I weigh 245 lbs as of today.

Now to wait the thirty minutes so I can't erase that. That is not a healthy weight for me due to my back problems. I love my body as it is but the extra weight's gotta go bye bye.

Rock on on the hiking, Candace. There's a guy who talks about his diet method. He is fierce on himself 6 out of 7 days. The 7th day he doesn't worry about it at all. So I think you should forgive yourself the Wendy's.
*smiles* thanks Arwen And great job on the honesty. It helps me stay motivated knowing that I am accountable to you guys

Quote:

Oh, hell honey, I would not be caught dead in a gym. Just ew. I have a workout room in my complex.
That's where I'm doing it as well. I didn't know personal trainers would come to your own gym like that I'll have to check that out when I'm ready.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #79
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

It releases a vapor in your mouth. Not only does it taste horrible, it leaves a horrific aftertaste kinda coating on your tongue.

I realize that to non smokers this may sound like an improvement, but it really isnt.
That's unfortunate. I was hoping it would be a reasonable option for my smoker friends.

Candace, you have REALLY got to let go of the whole "I'm screwed/bad/etc because I slipped" thing. Everyone needs a break once in a while and it will only cause to frustrate you further by continuing to pinpoint what you do that is "wrong".

Like Arwen said, a "cheat" day (my term) is not a bad thing and I think it can be used as a balance for yourself. There has to be balance. No one has ever been ALL bad or ALL good. We're a blend and the best, most healthy people (inside and out) seem to embrace that.

I'll take myself as an example. I have an issue with sugar. I've knowingly consumed extreme amounts for many, many years. Sugar is my comfort food, whether it comes in the form of cake, ice cream, ketchup on my fries, or candy. I've made what I think is a rather valiant effort to cut the amount of sugar I consume down significantly.

Now that I've started logging my food into thedailyplate.com and seeing how the exercise I do affects my caloric intake and how freakin FAST each item adds up to my total, I'm come to the conclusion that I cannot be perfect. Not every time, not every other time, not every tenth time. My sugar will always be higher than I wish it would be, however, I AM taking steps to decrease it.

The first day I recorded my food intake, I came out to almost 1000% OVER the 100% amount of sugar allotted to me. Holy SMOKES!

The past couple of days, I've been less than 200% over my sugar allotment. Is that ideal? No, but it's one HELL of a difference, yes?

Be easy on yourself, girl. The world is hard enough on you as it is. Promise?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #80
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

funny. i'm glad i didnt dig deeper then. i smoke ciggies that dont leave the blechy taste in my mouth (thank the stars for imports since they're illegal to sell in the US now). i dont want to give them up for the "healthier" version if it's twice as yucky tasting.

i'm making myself put one out halfway through. it's sort of working. so rather than smoking 15 a day i'm smoking about 10 so far. hoping to get back down to 5 a day in 2 weeks or less.
The Following User Says Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post: