Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
Daktari

Nipples maybe against the ToS but they're quite de rigueur in my emails. Come on now, don't be shy!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Nipples maybe against the ToS but they're quite de rigueur in my emails. Come on now, don't be shy!

You think I won't, right?
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
You think I won't, right?
Quite the contrary.

Bring.

It.

On.

Biatch!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Quite the contrary.

Bring.

It.

On.

Biatch!

Well I guess you changed your email and someone else got a surpise about 30 min ago. Good thing there was no face in that.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
Well I guess you changed your email and someone else got a surpise about 30 min ago. Good thing there was no face in that.
Oh no I di'n't

Why that's the very best 'v' I've seen errm flicked fer a long time

Instinct wants to grrrrowl "good girl!"

Lurve
Priapus of Blackpool
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

I had an experience. I know that some of my posts, even with the best intentions, disturbed others on this site. For that, I apologize. I can be an horrific poster. Grammar, spelling or in a rush and should never have joined a conversation due to a lack of time to stick around.
Also, I don't always read all of the previous post!

One truth that I experienced and that sticks in my head...

A member ( poster B) can post a reply to a previous post from another member ( poster A) in an emotional outbursts and later, go back and alter their original outburst to come across , in the end, as if it never occurred.

For example, ( poster B) can quote the original emotional offensive outburst from (poster A) which caused the emotional offensive response from poster B.

So, the offended poster B replied to the original poster A ,which had offended poster B , all the while...

Poster B deleted their emotionally charged response to appear rational. (And this response caused poster A to become even more upset.) After having quoted poster A's outbursts so that poster A.s words were permanent. Then, poster B can go and fetch a moderator that is unaware of what all was said by poster B and report the offensive poster A's outburst.

What is a moderator to do with that? They didn't see it all and there is no way that they can be objective or fair cause they are unaware.
So, the moderator appears to be unfair when they just didn't know what all transpired in the outbursts.

Result: poster B doesn't get punished at all because their altered post is rational, in the end. Poster A, who caused the response from poster B got punished severely.

It is very sad. But, I saw it.

I would never want to be a moderator. My hats are off to them.
And I am not an ass kisser. Never have been. I try and respect people. But, I do fail sometimes. I have been moderated and rightly so. I can own it. And I actually, am glad that I was. I could have done better.

For the love of intentions and possible solutions...
Maybe only allow the edit feature to last a few minutes.
Get rid of the edit feature?
Idk?

Last edited by DMW; 09-18-2013 at 09:59 AM.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wow, this thread blew up while I was away!

From Page 1 (sorry, I'm so behind):

Weatherboi, that has not been my experience with the word "Southern". If you're talking about the Confederate flag, you're inviting a lively debate IMHO - you should probably expect to be piled on. I haven't personally seen anyone write about Southern pride; I suppose like any kind of geographic or regional pride, that would invite some debate as well.

No, my experience has been when people used the word in passing such as talking about "Southern manners" (which I'll readily admit to me means "say things behind my back and not to my face" LOL) and also when someone ID's as a "Southern Butch" or "Southern Femme". To me, if you are using something as an ID, you get to define it. I don't get to define "trans" to anyone who ID's that way, and they don't get to define "queer" to me. These are words that mean different things to different people. This is where I take issue with the "piling on" (for lack of a better term).
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
I haven't personally seen anyone write about Southern pride; I suppose like any kind of geographic or regional pride, that would invite some debate as well.
Oh, it has happened. And more than once. And "Southern Pride" is NOT like any other geographic or regional pride. That phrase is code for a lot of ideas that come under white racist ideology. In my experience, Southerners who do NOT intend to express racist ideology do not use that phrase much. At least not Southerners I have known.

Anyway, the conversation has been had, more than once.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Oh, it has happened. And more than once. And "Southern Pride" is NOT like any other geographic or regional pride. That phrase is code for a lot of ideas that come under white racist ideology. In my experience, Southerners who do NOT intend to express racist ideology do not use that phrase much. At least not Southerners I have known.

Anyway, the conversation has been had, more than once.
Oh, I don't doubt that it happened. And I'm sure any piling was well-deserved. I just haven't personally read those threads.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:

Tags
communication, community, holy crap, intentions