Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

View Poll Results: Do you think people who distrupt events should be tasered?
Yes. 10 10.87%
No. 32 34.78%
Sometimes, it depends on the event. 12 13.04%
Only as a last resort. 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Post Fan Tasered. What do you think?

A 17 year old baseball fan ran on the field at the Phillies game on Monday night. He was brought down by a taser used by an off duty police officer. Do you support the use of tasers at sporting and other events to bring down unruly fans? What do you think about this? Here is the youtube link to view and the article about the incident.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbG6CQSG7s"]YouTube- Police Use Taser Gun On Phillies Fan[/nomedia]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5160692
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Um, NO.

I think that tasering a minor for being an asshat is complete overkill. Especially at a sporting event where running onto the field is a time-honored tradition for obnoxious daredevils everywhere.

Don't tase them, bro!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

The sadist in me found it amusing.....
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Besides the obvious reasons, it can be dangerous to be tasered, especially if you are under the influence as sometimes fans are. There have even been a few cases of deaths resulting from tasing.
A lot of security guards at games are not in shape to run around on the field to try to catch someone. But I think if there is no other way to stop someone make sure there are some signs clearly stating what will happen and if you're that stupid, silly or drunk to run on the field than you might get tased.
Also, I've seen this happen at a game. It's probably worse.

The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

wow! that cop is a dick!

why not just shoot the kid? apparently you can use all kinds of force if you break a rule.

*dislike
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
The sadist in me found it amusing.....
Oh yeah... same here!!

Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

Tase 'em all! Philadelphia fans have a long and storied past of idiocy.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

NO,its a bit of over kill in my book.As for the security being too fat to do the job without taseing someone,why do they not keep fit cause we know its a job that will require movement.Lately I have noticed a lot of police officers need a fitness program bad,some cant hardly get out of the cruiser much less run.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation
Default don't tase babies, please.

dissension: i'm shocked that ez wants to taser kids, while i voted 'never'.

i was all, 'omg! somebody voted yes! i would love to know who that is!' and he goes, 'i did!' and i refused to believe it until he walked me through the 'costs of tickets, the out of shape security guards, the disruption of a game' --and i still don't *care* at all, i still believe that no one should be tasered that isn't being *violent*.

i feel like i don't even know him...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #10
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

No one ever runs across the race track at NASCAR... I am kinda jealous...

I am not fond of the fanatic fans, what if one day some nutcase shoots or stabs a player. I mean come on you have to know at a game, any game there is going to be some sort of security fat or fit..

If you are gonna be silly enough to try it, do it but when the uniforms start chasing after ya, I learned in my younger years to just drop and raise your hands....

Ya never know when you are gonna get some trigger happy joe peabody do gooder, next time it won't be a tazer...

sad but true
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #11
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
NO,its a bit of over kill in my book.As for the security being too fat to do the job without taseing someone,why do they not keep fit cause we know its a job that will require movement.Lately I have noticed a lot of police officers need a fitness program bad,some cant hardly get out of the cruiser much less run.
agreed, i'm glad that you don't want to tase children who misbehave/won't clean their plates. <3
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post

i was all, 'omg! somebody voted yes! i would love to know who that is!' and he goes, 'i did!' and i refused to believe it until he walked me through the 'costs of tickets, the out of shape security guards, the disruption of a game' --and i still don't *care* at all, i still believe that no one should be tasered that isn't being *violent*.

I was another "NO" and Jack needs to sit beside Ezee because she voted for a "Tase the shit out of them" button.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I voted sometimes - because I do think it depends on the situation at hand - not so much the event. (We needed more options, man....)

Whether it's a "tradition" or not - no one is supposed to be on the field during a game except those that are supposed to be there.

No, I don't think it's cool to taser minors. But maybe if they realize that they CAN be tasered, it might deter them from being that much more obnoxious.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I was another "NO" and Jack needs to sit beside Ezee because she voted for a "Tase the shit out of them" button.
i don't feel safe, not one bit. what if i (for the 2349500th time) forget to do the dishes?

i shouldn't have to lounge around the house in kevlar.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Default And another thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post

Tas'em all, let God sort'em out. Maybe it's the Dirty Harry in me but let's just say I plunked down $$$$$ (lots of it) to go see my favorite team play. Why would I want some stranger to take away the SMALL AMOUNT of joy in my life by distrupting the flow of the game? Do you think I want to see some drunk fool running circles around some out of shape security guard at a sporting event? Maybe for a minute or two but it could go on a long time. I think getting smacked down might do them a world of good. Sober up genius! They have rules to keep you off the field for a reason! This is not Sea World where they warn you "you might get wet" in the front 10 rows!!!!! You might get seriously hurt if you run on the field. Maybe they should stop selling beer at games.......that might help. I'm there to watch the game not look at some knob, tool, jerk off putting on a show.
End rant.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #16
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

The police here in Maryland are out of control with tasering. We hear on the news about how kids are tasered, and then later die from it. Then over the weekend we hear about the elderly, pregnant women, and the disabled being tasered. I think it is a new toy for the police to use. Forget using guns, go to the dept. store or online and buy a taser. Then you can buy yourself a job.

Phili fans do have a bad reputation. But there is no reason why a kid needed to be tasered.

Beer sales need to be limited at all games. I just see no reason why beer is sold repeatedly to a drunk. Then let that person drive? No.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

revision: i'm pretty sure that ez attends games in *hopes* of a tasering.

i can't wait for babies, to see ez at little league with a taser.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

In general, I do not support overzealous Police Officers tasering or shooting anyone, but this just happened in Portland yesterday...

http://www.kptv.com/video/23460539/

I'd rather he be tasered than shot...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #19
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default apretty

Taseing kids is just plane wrong..Not long ago on our local news this subjet was brought up cause of violence at high schools..One kid pulls a knife on another and the war was on..how did he get pass the security check was he had a ceramic knife that didnt set the wand off.It took two big burley cops to tackle the kid,im siurprised they didnt do worse.What have kids beome cause I dont remember this kind of stuff untill the last recent years.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I live pretty close to Philly - and I used to live in NY.
In New York, there were far and few between instances where you heard someone ran out on a field. Not to say they haven't, or won't - but in New York, the obnoxious behavior is saved for after the game, if you know what I mean. *wink wink shaking fist*

Philly fans are very obnoxious, yes. But, I'm sure they'll refer to it as "spirit".
I suppose it's subjective.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote