How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

pain sharply, and I deeply understand her desire to make
When I read the first part of the OP article, tears were running down my cheeks because I just knew you were going to say that Kirk had committed suicide. So many of our beautiful youngsters see no good future for themselves and choose not to be tortured (as they see it) for the rest of their lives.

I have four kids age 22 to 18. They were in foster care, and I adopted them. Their life was very difficult before we adopted them. Because their basic physical and emotional needs were not met prior to age three, they have some emotional gaps. No amount of love and attention can make up for this early neglect. Only their own maturity, acceptance, and perhaps the decision to forgive their parents can. My oldest attempted suicide several times from age 17 to 20 because the pain of dealing with his past was so painful. During this time (and many times before it) I questioned everything I ever did with him. The times I took the advice of "experts" and the times I did not.

I am very angry with Kirk's mother that she didn't just love her sweet little tender son and let him grow in to a wonderful sweet tender young man - either of gay or straight (or other) orientation. Yet I deeply understand her desire to make her son's life easier and the unbelieveable guilt and loss she must have felt when her attempt o help him ended so badly.

I am so glad I did not watch this show. It would have been too painful.

Smooches,
Keri

I agree that George Rekers should have been brought up on charges of some kind. He is a dangerous and possibly evil man.
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: