Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

To me a "soul mate" means that you feel you are connected so deep inside you wouldn't be complete without him or her.
It means that everyday you love them more than you did the day before.
It means that you both know without a doubt that you would be there for each other, through anything.
It means they can read your heart from a mile away.
It means they know what your thinking before you say it.
It means there is a unique and special connection that makes you want to be a better person.
It means you give unselfishly of yourselfs to each other.
There is an unspoken bond, a trust that is beyond measure and a friendship that is stronger than time and a love that reaches the depths of your soul.
There is a connection between your mind, soul and heart that words cannot express.

SO, the answer to the question is...... YES!!!

Disclaimer: THIS will occur when you know (not finish) who you are.
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
Ldyluck88

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Relationship Status:
not here

Ldyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tabitha View Post
To me a "soul mate" means that you feel you are connected so deep inside you wouldn't be complete without him or her.
It means that everyday you love them more than you did the day before.
It means that you both know without a doubt that you would be there for each other, through anything.
It means they can read your heart from a mile away.
It means they know what your thinking before you say it.
It means there is a unique and special connection that makes you want to be a better person.
It means you give unselfishly of yourselfs to each other.
There is an unspoken bond, a trust that is beyond measure and a friendship that is stronger than time and a love that reaches the depths of your soul.
There is a connection between your mind, soul and heart that words cannot express.

SO, the answer to the question is...... YES!!!

Disclaimer: THIS will occur when you know (not finish) who you are.
What Tabitha said
Ldyluck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ldyluck88 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
Laidbackgrly

How Do You Identify?:

Laidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST Reputation
Default well hurry up already

I do beleive in soul mates i also beleive in love at first site too 2 people just lock eyes and the chemistry is there and you can feel it i have had it happen its too bad people just give up .
Laidbackgrly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laidbackgrly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #24
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackgrly View Post
I do beleive in soul mates i also beleive in love at first site too 2 people just lock eyes and the chemistry is there and you can feel it i have had it happen its too bad people just give up .
AMEN !!!!
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #25
Ldyluck88

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Relationship Status:
not here

Ldyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I believe in chemistry and all that, but I don't think people give up, I think there are more under lying factors involved and each situation is different, but that is whole new thread in itself..lol If we all had love at first sight and people grew together instead of apart, none of us would be single. There is always hope, and I never give up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ldyluck88 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #26
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,910 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

There have been several women, whom I believed to be my soul mate, however time proved that to be wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #27
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
If someone gave up then it wasn't a soul connection imo. I believe in chemistry. I believe in love but I think we have many soul mates, not just one. Soulful connections where you know your paths were meant to cross, you feel strong love. I believe I will love many people in my life time. I do now and yet I still wait for that right "connection" , passion, adoration, etc. They might not even be my soulmate but the perfect partner. I need more then chemistry. I need something that fits right. If you're able to obtain it all then lucky you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #28
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
There have been several women, whom I believed to be my soul mate, however time proved that to be wrong.
funny how that happens huh?

I think that we have strong desires and needs. We project them and hope someone will complete us but the truth is they can't. We want them to be our everything and they can't. You do this for yourself first and if it isn't perfect in love and passion you hope for a really great friend.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #29
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My sister is my soul mate. We are mirrors and opposites of one another. But she annoys me sometimes and sometimes we don't understand one another.

Romantically I think you can have a connection with someone but a soul mate connection is not necessary for a successful relationship.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #30
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
My sister is my soul mate. We are mirrors and opposites of one another. But she annoys me sometimes and sometimes we don't understand one another.

Romantically I think you can have a connection with someone but a soul mate connection is not necessary for a successful relationship.
I agree with this. I have the same with my sister. It's very symbiotic and I notice the more I learn to love myself, honor myself, etc the easier it is to share this with others.

I think that for some people the traditional ideal means all or nothing in one. I've never understood this or agreed but then again I've been single more then in relationships, however in retrospect I think about my life and see how full it really was/is and that I've always loved and felt love no matter what. This had nothing to do with one person but a collection and the quality of my life. You only get what you give. Thats a fact.

I believe our spirits/souls connect with like enegry patterns and as we move through life we connect profoundly for many reasons. For me most of this has been an evolving journey, many lessons and all to simply become conscious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #31
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

While I've had people in my life that I did/do feel connected to, it's not been romantic. Sisterly love.

Romantically, I've not had that experience and I don't know if I want it. It's such a huge amount of pressure to put on someone I think. You are my ONE and ONLY and all my hopes and dreams are going to be thrust onto you and you be assigned responsibility for them and me and my happiness FOREVER. The cosmos have declared it! Maybe I am jaded....okay, I know I am...but that spells doom from the beginning.

I tend to think along the lines of, gee, this is great. Let's try to keep this good vibe. Sometimes it works for a while and sometimes the end is short and sweet. But I don't utter those words...soul mate...even if I feel it might be appropriate. Why? It's too much damn pressure for another human being. I don't want it put on me and I won't put it on another person.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #32
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

yeah. but I think one soul mate per user is a complete fallacy. Also that your soul mates are only lovers.

one of my soul mates was my half brother. another was my cat boots. Another is my best mate kerri. and another was my ex james.And I've got another one now, that I'm marrying.

I like your definition though, it fits many people and not just one.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #33
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yes, without a doubt.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #34
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have been fortunate enough to have met two soul-mates and hope to meet another. This refers to romantic relationships. Soul-mate just isn't singular to me. Nor is it only cast in romantic relationships. My closest and oldest friend is my soul-mate, too.

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #35
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,635 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

yes...soul mates can indeed be friends instead of lovers. For the first brother we started out as friends and went to become lovers. And we could not sustain it. I was younger and not as evolved in my understandings of pathways. Later, when I met brother number two, we started out lovers and became friends. I was older and wiser of pathways. Each took their turn to teach me and help me evolve, as I did with them. One I scorched. The other I provide warmth.

I have also met an incredible Light Being in a dog. He had such an affect on people that everyone who met him (and I mean everybody!) said that he changed their life somehow. He was one of my adopted newfs and had such a Presence that you Knew he was far more than a dog, and yet simply a dog. His name was Joey and yet we all called him my Buddha dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I have been fortunate enough to have met two soul-mates and hope to meet another. This refers to romantic relationships. Soul-mate just isn't singular to me. Nor is it only cast in romantic relationships. My closest and oldest friend is my soul-mate, too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #36
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I get that the idea of soulmate would put pressure on someone or you...but what I found (and what also was one of the many things that made me so sure this is a true soulmate) is that we connect so naturally and easily - there never was any pressure. We both just knew, and we have a connection that goes down to our cores without the pressure or question of thrusting hopes and dreams etc -- we just ARE. And that is perfect. And that we are together makes it very peaceful and giddily joyful at the same time as it is so EASY and grounded.

I think feeling responsibility and pressure is an indication that one or both of you are hoping/wishing you'd be soulmates and want so much to make it so...but it ain't happenin. That is how my first "wish you were my soulmate" relationship went, and is a wonderful contrast to my "know you are my soulmate" treasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
While I've had people in my life that I did/do feel connected to, it's not been romantic. Sisterly love.

Romantically, I've not had that experience and I don't know if I want it. It's such a huge amount of pressure to put on someone I think. You are my ONE and ONLY and all my hopes and dreams are going to be thrust onto you and you be assigned responsibility for them and me and my happiness FOREVER. The cosmos have declared it! Maybe I am jaded....okay, I know I am...but that spells doom from the beginning.

I tend to think along the lines of, gee, this is great. Let's try to keep this good vibe. Sometimes it works for a while and sometimes the end is short and sweet. But I don't utter those words...soul mate...even if I feel it might be appropriate. Why? It's too much damn pressure for another human being. I don't want it put on me and I won't put it on another person.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #37
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
yes...soul mates can indeed be friends instead of lovers. For the first brother we started out as friends and went to become lovers. And we could not sustain it. I was younger and not as evolved in my understandings of pathways. Later, when I met brother number two, we started out lovers and became friends. I was older and wiser of pathways. Each took their turn to teach me and help me evolve, as I did with them. One I scorched. The other I provide warmth.

I have also met an incredible Light Being in a dog. He had such an affect on people that everyone who met him (and I mean everybody!) said that he changed their life somehow. He was one of my adopted newfs and had such a Presence that you Knew he was far more than a dog, and yet simply a dog. His name was Joey and yet we all called him my Buddha dog.
YES! I had a boxer that I know was once a Buddhist monk... no doubt in my mind. And he was a true dog ambassador. People that really didn't care for dogs fell in love with him.

I am a romantic in many ways, but, soul-mate just isn't about relationships for me. Its about the varied people in my life that have made a difference in it on many levels. Sure, it can be a partner, but, not necessarily.

Yes, there is light in some beings that just does not shine the same for all.

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #38
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
YES! I had a boxer that I know was once a Buddhist monk... no doubt in my mind. And he was a true dog ambassador. People that really didn't care for dogs fell in love with him.

I am a romantic in many ways, but, soul-mate just isn't about relationships for me. Its about the varied people in my life that have made a difference in it on many levels. Sure, it can be a partner, but, not necessarily.

Yes, there is light in some beings that just does not shine the same for all.

I've had so many animal connections. I've felt urges that have prompted me to do something that took me some place to rescue an animal. Some of the most profound emotions I have ever had were with animals.

Love from animals is so pure and unconditional. They just seem to know a part of you no one else can touch.

I would give everything I own to have a deep soulful connection with a lover and partner. It truly is in the hands of God.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #39
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post
I get that the idea of soulmate would put pressure on someone or you...but what I found (and what also was one of the many things that made me so sure this is a true soulmate) is that we connect so naturally and easily - there never was any pressure. We both just knew, and we have a connection that goes down to our cores without the pressure or question of thrusting hopes and dreams etc -- we just ARE. And that is perfect. And that we are together makes it very peaceful and giddily joyful at the same time as it is so EASY and grounded.

I think feeling responsibility and pressure is an indication that one or both of you are hoping/wishing you'd be soulmates and want so much to make it so...but it ain't happenin. That is how my first "wish you were my soulmate" relationship went, and is a wonderful contrast to my "know you are my soulmate" treasure!
Ive heard from even friends that when you meet the one, there isnt any jumping through hoops "making" it work. It just fits like you said. It just is. Its easy and natural. Im glad you found that Thanks for the post.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #40
Ldyluck88

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Relationship Status:
not here

Soulmate is just that, A Mate of the Soul, which to me is not in the physical sense, tho I wish I would have that kind of a connection with a partner.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ldyluck88 For This Useful Post: