Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

my sweetie gave me the e-cigarette for the holiday and I'm trying it... I've cut down smoking by about 50% or so since and am smoking less and less everyday. I'm hoping to have completely given up cigarettes by the end of this month or sooner. Good luck everyone!
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFemme View Post
my sweetie gave me the e-cigarette for the holiday and I'm trying it... I've cut down smoking by about 50% or so since and am smoking less and less everyday. I'm hoping to have completely given up cigarettes by the end of this month or sooner. Good luck everyone!
Good work WickedFemme! When I was cutting down in the run up to giving up totally I found just being conscious of every cigarette I had and often chose not to have the one I was about to light but wait for the next time I wanted one. Also developing a very positive 'self-talk' about giving up really helped in preparation too. Good luck throughout the month.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Good work WickedFemme! When I was cutting down in the run up to giving up totally I found just being conscious of every cigarette I had and often chose not to have the one I was about to light but wait for the next time I wanted one. Also developing a very positive 'self-talk' about giving up really helped in preparation too. Good luck throughout the month.
Thanks Incubus! developing the consciousness around the habit has certainly helped. I even counted how many drags I took of a cigarette the other day... something I have never even thought about... hmmmm
I'm certainly thinking it through. This is good advice you offered here - thank you!
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFemme View Post
Thanks Incubus! developing the consciousness around the habit has certainly helped. I even counted how many drags I took of a cigarette the other day... something I have never even thought about... hmmmm
I'm certainly thinking it through. This is good advice you offered here - thank you!

You're very welcome WickedFemme. I'm happy to pass on any handy hints and tips that I helped me. It's one of the hardest habits to break as we all know. I started my own quitting smoking thread on one of the UK based B/F sites and posted pretty much daily for the first two or three months and found that writing it down every day in public helped keep me motivated.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Day One. Hella crabby. Done it many times before.

I started smoking at 16. Smoked a pack or more a day until I was 25. Quit for five years and then off and on again smoked but never more that 5 a day.

My Mom has COPD and had a small stroke recently. That is where I am headed it I do not quit. My child hates it. Greyson hates it. I wish I did!!

Okay so here is to smobriety in 2011.

Soldier on quitters.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Day One. Hella crabby. Done it many times before.

I started smoking at 16. Smoked a pack or more a day until I was 25. Quit for five years and then off and on again smoked but never more that 5 a day.

My Mom has COPD and had a small stroke recently. That is where I am headed it I do not quit. My child hates it. Greyson hates it. I wish I did!!

Okay so here is to smobriety in 2011.

Soldier on quitters.

Good luck julieisafemme. You've been here before so you know that the first week is the hardest. Stick in ,COPD is really horrible and it's worth doing everything you can to avoid it. Don't be stupid like me and keep putting off the final giving up......make like Nike and Just Do It!

smobriety hah! I like it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,664 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting article on how bad habits become wired into our brains and ways to change it to help reach goals:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/...eat_bad_habits

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Baby Bear

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Baby Girl

Baby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST ReputationBaby Bear Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feels impossible to kik some days

I am not a heaavy smoker and only smoke in certain circumstances so why is it so D@$$ hard to kick it?
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I think I am quitting as well. I woke up today, lit one about an hour or so after that, smoked it and then just decided I did not want anymore. I haven't smoked any, other than that one all day. Cravings have not been anything I cannot deal with, so I'll see what tomorrow brings, but pretty sure I am done with cigarettes.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: