How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,794 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Things You Wish You Had Not Done

Are there things you did in your 20's that you wish you had not done now that you are older?

For me, I wish I had not wasted both money and time "experimenting" with drugs and alcohol.

I wish I had not wasted so much of my time here on earth without taking the time to really know me.

I wish I had not had a closed mind, thinking I knew more than I really did.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had spent a lot less time listening to others tell me how to live my life.
I wish I had taken the time to realize that I wasted many years not listening to my gut feelings about so many things rather than giving others the benefit of doubt.
I wish that I had been less generous in my life. Now that I am living on limited income and those folks are no longer around nor did they appreciate it; I could sure use that cash!!!
I wish I had spent more time with my mother.
Other than this I have no more real regrets. This is a great thread!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had listened more and talked less.
I wish I had spent less on crazie ideas.
I wish I had taken better care of my health,now im paying for it.
I wish I had bought more land and less horses...would have worked out better.
I wish I had stoped trying to prove something cause I didnt need to,I was fine the way I was.
So much more ,but later.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I wasn't sitting at that red light when the truck behind me plowed into me.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I don't regret anything when I was young. It was good a time.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,663 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I hadn't grown up. The 20's were an awesome time!

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I wished I hadn't tried for so many years to make others proud of me when I know now I'm all that matters.

I wished I'd NEVER said I do, when I knew from the beginning I really didn't want to.

I wish I had not stopped in town the evening Cindy died.

Sure I wish I hadn't wasted some of the money I've spent over the years.

All in all I've learned much from my mistakes in my life and there are only a few things I can honestly say I wish I had not done.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had not done a lot of things....marry to get out of an abusive home....spend money wastefully....make poor decisions regarding trust....as I am sure that I could get to where I am now without many of them. I'd be much better off, I dare say.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

There was only one time I ignored warning signs; it damn near cost me my life.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
Are there things you did in your 20's that you wish you had not done now that you are older?

For me, I wish I had not wasted both money and time "experimenting" with drugs and alcohol.

I wish I had not wasted so much of my time here on earth without taking the time to really know me.

I wish I had not had a closed mind, thinking I knew more than I really did.
Ditto and what has helped me is to also realize the positive things that have come from some of my past choices. I had some life lessons to learn. I never stop learning. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Buried My Mother
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I started this thread because I feel that it's important to know what our regrets are, so that we understand better where we are and why, and what, if anything, we want to change about it.

I truly appreciate everyone's honesty. Sometimes I can see myself clearer through others and their experiences. For this reason, I am truly thankful for each and everyone one of your replies.

Jesse
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,359 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had been bolder, experimented more, fooled around more, been braver about trying new things.

I wish I hadn't always worried about being a good girl, and that I had done more that was dangerous and a little risky.

I wish I taken a cross country road trip, and that I had slept with more unsuitable butches, and drunk more tequila.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

i wish i hadn't spent some of my money the way i did
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

I wished I hadn’t believed that time was running out and always rushed to find out what was behind every corner. Though I’m grateful that I have experienced more than many because of it, I often wonder if I missed making the most of what was around me because I was always too busy packing and planning for the next leg of my journey.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I rarely have regrets. I have learned that every action has shaped who I am as a person, and I like who I am today.

In my 20's

I wish I hadnt taken a bath in Lysol because I thought I had chiggers and read on the internet it was a home remedy.

IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

BUMP........
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,648 Times in 3,986 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I hadnt believed the lies I suspected were lies

I wish I hadnt stopped working on my credentials.

I wish I hadnt been sitting at that red light where that semi hit me in the front and then in the back (nodding to the Guy in Florida)

I wish I hadnt used that damn hand held gas powered fence auger by myself that almost tore off my right arm

I wish I hadnt fallen off my horse and broke my tailbone, broke ribs, suffered a head concussion, detached retinas, and lost my hearing for two weeks

I wish I hadnt been such a piss poor mother to my child when I was drinking. I am so glad I am a much better mother now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #19
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I hadn't fallen into the "do what's expected of you" trap that involved the marriage (to an abusive deadbeat loser) and the (falling down) white picket fence. I wasted so much time by trying to hide the "real" me...

I wish I had gone on to college instead of working 3 jobs to support the deadbeat, the deadbeat's juvenile delinquent teenage sister, and the deadbeat's drug-addicted homeless uncle. My son and I would be much better off right now if I had finished all my schooling early.

I wish I had taken better safeguards with my finances, instead of getting completely hijinxed and railroaded from the identity theft by both the deadbeat and deadbeat's sister. (I'm still finding out about credit cards from 10 years ago that I never knew existed...)

I wish I had never believed the old saying drummed into me by my family, of "you've made your bed now lie in it..."
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #20
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

...wish I would have listened to my best friend and not have paid for a particular ticket.... she's very wise and knew I was wasting my money because there was no guarantee and it was sold "as/is".

....wish I wouldn't have left the Logistics field....I'd be an Operations Manager by now.

....wish I would not have wasted (spent so fast) the lump sum of money that I got last fall from my "retirement refund". Even if most of it went to bills and rent, I should have rolled it over into a Roth IRA (especially since I have no retirement fund after struggling as a single parent) and/or spent some to purchase my COBRA insurance. Yeah, I wish I woulda kept my insurance.

....after having insurance for 8 years, I wish I would not have waited so long to see a specialist about my Lupus...or left PA without talking to either of my doctors.

(dinner's almost ready, catch up with ya later...)
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: