Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default Separating the Wheat from the Chaff - Searching for an "Ideal" - Nutrition/Exercise/Lifestyle

I'm at a point in my life where, even if I can't live a specific "ideal" lifestyle, I'm interested in trying to figure out what an ideal lifestyle (for me) would entail - including nutrition, exercise, medication, vitamins, supplements, recreation.

What I imagine for this thread: A place for folks to post our own individual goals, challenges, as well as articles and discussions regarding the information and/or misinformation out there regarding these subjects. In the age of google, it can be just as easy (if not easier) to run across misinformation as accurate information.

I'll start:

My Goals:

Manage ADHD
Manage Anxiety/OCD? Symptoms
Manage Depression
Quit Smoking (ugh, I managed to do this for 2 days this week, then no)
Manage Compulsive Overeating tendencies
Identify and remove "trigger foods" from diet (meaning, the things that, when I eat them, I then feel like eating everything in the world - mostly white flour, sugar, white rice and yummy yummy sharp cheddar cheese)
Lower Triglycerides
Increase professionalism/promotability/effectiveness/skills at work
Get through my 12 steps
Strengthen my friendships / Develop more supportive friendships
Be a more present friend and family member
Read more
Write more
Have more time alone
Be more caring toward myself and others
Improve skin (elasticity after losing weight, also psoriasis)
Have more peace
Have more joy
Follow through on my commitments

Hmm that's it for now. I guess it's a start. I invite and would love to hear what the rest of you feel and think along these lines regarding your own lives.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

My goal for this month is pretty simple, I'd like to incorporate more protein sources into my daily diet, that are preferably on the lean side. I know about the typical ones (greek yogurt, lean meats, almonds, whey protein powder, cheeses, egg whites). I would appreciate it if anyone here had other sources they could share. Thanks.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Seafood that really comes from the sea. Really any fish is high in protein. I also like Muscle Milk it is high in protein and isn't high in sugar and carbs and it taste good.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Seafood that really comes from the sea. Really any fish is high in protein. I also like Muscle Milk it is high in protein and isn't high in sugar and carbs and it taste good.

Thank you, Blade....I love all types of seafood, and most of it is pretty lean depending on how it's prepared. I'd like to try the Muscle Milk you spoke of, can you recommend a good flavor?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post: