Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegrrl View Post
thank you for the links! i'm looking forward to trying this after i finish my last holiday project.
Youtube has the afghan stitch too and its good to just google it and welcome to the thread!! I didn't think that there would be interest in it but there is I'm happy about that!! Keep crocheting all..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna check out those links too and maybe get Myself some crochet stuff this week

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm gonna check out those links too and maybe get Myself some crochet stuff this week
Oh Yay for you, you will love it once you pick it up!! crocheting that is..start out with some easy youtubes...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

I crochet! I tried to learn to knit, and I actually did make a couple scarves, but knitting doesn't like my wrists so I went back to crocheting. I love love love to work with really fine threads and make doilies but right now I think crocheting with wool and making a hat--something I haven't done before--might be A Really Good Idea, lol... it is COLD outside.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I crochet! I tried to learn to knit, and I actually did make a couple scarves, but knitting doesn't like my wrists so I went back to crocheting. I love love love to work with really fine threads and make doilies but right now I think crocheting with wool and making a hat--something I haven't done before--might be A Really Good Idea, lol... it is COLD outside.
Welcome Bit to the thread I'm glad you knit and crochet yes I do like crocheting better then knitting for me. A hat would be nice and yes it is cold we have like 30 inches of snow here in NJ so its not very nice right now!! Dogs are having a tough time of it poor fellas but are adapting well..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

YIKES, Gail! That's way too much snow for your area, isn't it?

We've had almost none this year so far and I am QUITE content for it to stay that way.

I discovered that all crochet threads are not created equal. My favorite by far is Cebelia; oh my gosh it feels so good when you use it, and it cooperates so beautifully! I've been trying to force myself to use other threads and I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
YIKES, Gail! That's way too much snow for your area, isn't it?

We've had almost none this year so far and I am QUITE content for it to stay that way.

I discovered that all crochet threads are not created equal. My favorite by far is Cebelia; oh my gosh it feels so good when you use it, and it cooperates so beautifully! I've been trying to force myself to use other threads and I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much.
Yes it way too much for the NY/NY area we are not used to it and the City (NY City) is suffering a lot..I am snowed in for the time being its ridiculous and yo haven't got any snow in the MIdwest yet?? that is good though I will take the cold over the snow any day!!

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting