Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,997 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
So, just so y'all know: trans individuals will be the cause of the fall of Western Civilization (http://lgbtweekly.com/2013/10/09/was...-civilization/) and not something like a gov't shutdown or partisanship or anything like that.
I am going to start identifying as a halibut. I didn't even know that was a label!

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #342
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting article: http://www.advocate.com/politics/tra...discrimination
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #343
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

http://thetrans100.com/nominations/ -- Nominate someone you think is making a difference for trans individuals.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #344
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

FYI: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ef=transgender

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #345
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Tell Azusa Pacific University to support Professor H. Adam Ackley

When theology professor H. Adam Ackley announced that he is transgender, Azusa Pacific University asked him to resign from his position. Professor Ackely is still teaching, and students have rallied support for their teacher.

One student has started a Change.org petition, demanding that the school put in protections for transgender students and faculty.

Adam Ackley, a beloved theology professor of fifteen years, was "asked to step down" from his position as a professor at Azusa Pacific University due to his recent openness about his identity as a transgender man. This event has sparked fear and anger within the LGBTQ and Ally community of APU. We stand in solidarity with Adam, and strive to create a safer environment for students and faculty who have been marginalized by APU's conservative policies, as well as those who have been victims of spiritual violence on campus.

Add your name to those who are supporting Professor H. Adam Ackley, and tell Azusa Pacific University that transgender students and faculty need to be supported.

Tweet your support for Professor Ackley and all transgender students and faculty at Azusa Pacific University by using the hash tag #westandwithadam.

Sample tweet: Trans professor dismissed from @azusapacific. Protect all trans students and faculty. #WeStandWithAdam http://www.glaad.org/standwithadam

About GLAAD
GLAAD amplifies the voice of the LGBT community by empowering real people to share their stories, holding the media accountable for the words and images they present, and helping grassroots organizations communicate effectively. By ensuring that the stories of LGBT people are heard through the media, GLAAD promotes understanding, increases acceptance, and advances equality.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #346
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Heard this on the radio this morning. Unbelievable.

Sasha Fleischman, Agender California Teen, Allegedly Has Skirt Set On Fire While On Moving Bus

The community support is good for something that should never have happened (local coverage).

Here is the link to contribute to medical expenses.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #347
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Kelt, I am away on a Leadership retreat this week. I read this story just as I was preparing to return to the group after our lunch break. I was so stunned by what I had read by the time it came around to my turn to tell my story, all I could do was cry. In fact it was so intense for me, today I am in bed sick up here at the retreat site.

This gender variant young person, set on fire for nothing more than having enough trust to catch a cat nap on the public bus. This young person was on their way to school, Maybeck. Maybeck is a private High School in Berkeley. Right around the corner for where I lived for many years. A "nice neighborhood."

Now that I am in seminary I have the opportunity with other Queers and allies to bring these acts of hate front and center to institutionalized religion and show them how "they" are responsible in supporting such hate and inhumane treatment of other human beings. Enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Heard this on the radio this morning. Unbelievable.

Sasha Fleischman, Agender California Teen, Allegedly Has Skirt Set On Fire While On Moving Bus

The community support is good for something that should never have happened (local coverage).

Here is the link to contribute to medical expenses.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #348
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default Teen whose skirt was set ablaze begins surgery

Here is a follow up story to the above story about Sasha, a gender variant youth being set on fire.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...ry-4961732.php
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #349
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

It doesn't ever get any easier to read these types of articles and to know there are people out there who have so very little respect for the life of another human. As bad as it hurts, I hope it never does get easier to read about or hear about.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #350
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Meet Stephen Alexander, America's first openly trans high school coach

By Alexandra Bolles, Programs and Communications Fellow |

November 12, 2013

Stephen Alexander made an impression on Glocester, Rhode Island as a kid as a local star athlete. Now that Stephen’s all grown up, he’s got a new goal in his conservative hometown: finding acceptance as the country’s first openly transgender high school coach. Outsports.com first reported the story.

When Stephen returned to Glocester three years ago after transitioning in New York City, he faced an uphill battle. The small, rural community is, to say the least, not known for its diversity or liberalism. With a population of less than 10,000 people, 98% of which are white, residents tend to be staunchly conservative.

But with some time, honest conversations, and a solid support network, Stephen has been able to educate his community about what it means to be transgender, starting with his closest family and friends.

One of Stephen's former coaches said about the young man's oppenness, “When you don’t know the individual, you don’t know how to deal with them, how to accept them,” said George, “But once you know the person, then it becomes a lot easier to accept the process…It’s the same person.”

On the court and off, Stephen is teaching the people of Glocester, young and old, the meaning of teamwork and working together. While there are still strides to be made, Stephen’s inspiring story is one of resiliency, dedication, and in many ways, sportsmanship.

Read more about this story on

Outsports.com

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #351
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Meet Stephen Alexander, America's first openly trans high school coach

By Alexandra Bolles, Programs and Communications Fellow |

November 12, 2013

Stephen Alexander made an impression on Glocester, Rhode Island as a kid as a local star athlete. Now that Stephen’s all grown up, he’s got a new goal in his conservative hometown: finding acceptance as the country’s first openly transgender high school coach. Outsports.com first reported the story.

When Stephen returned to Glocester three years ago after transitioning in New York City, he faced an uphill battle. The small, rural community is, to say the least, not known for its diversity or liberalism. With a population of less than 10,000 people, 98% of which are white, residents tend to be staunchly conservative.

But with some time, honest conversations, and a solid support network, Stephen has been able to educate his community about what it means to be transgender, starting with his closest family and friends.

One of Stephen's former coaches said about the young man's oppenness, “When you don’t know the individual, you don’t know how to deal with them, how to accept them,” said George, “But once you know the person, then it becomes a lot easier to accept the process…It’s the same person.”

On the court and off, Stephen is teaching the people of Glocester, young and old, the meaning of teamwork and working together. While there are still strides to be made, Stephen’s inspiring story is one of resiliency, dedication, and in many ways, sportsmanship.

Read more about this story on

Outsports.com
Kudos to this young man. I have mad respect for him.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #352
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

238 Trans People Murdered Worldwide In The Past Year

The Transgender Murder Monitoring Project reveals the greatest number of killings took place in countries with some of the most progressive LGBTI rights laws.

posted on November 13, 2013 at 10:15am EST

J. Lester Feder
BuzzFeed Staff

Brazil and Mexico lead the list for the most reported killings of trans people in the past year, according to a report released Wednesday by Transgender Europe’s Trans Murder Monitoring project.

The report was released in anticipation of the 15th International Transgender Day of Remembrance, which will be observed on Nov. 20, 2013.

The report only includes murders of trans people that can be documented through publicly available information or are reported by local advocacy organizations, and so may not be a complete picture of the scope of crimes committed worldwide. But the map suggests even countries where rights for gays and lesbians have made huge gains remain dangerous places for trans people.

Same-sex couples in both Brazil and Mexico won judicial rulings in the past year that pave the way for nationwide marriage equality. Yet, 95 trans people were reported murdered in Brazil and 40 were killed in Mexico. Sixteen murders of trans people were reported in the United States.

Some small nations were also found to have very large numbers of murders relative to their population size. In Honduras, for example, three trans people were reported killed for every two million inhabitants.

The Trans Murder Monitoring project also found the highest number of murders of minors in the five years it has been keeping statistics. Since the start of 2013, 22 trans people were reported killed. Eleven of these were under the age of 18.

These include a 13-year-old trans girl strangled in Macaiba, Brazil, on June 9; a 14-year-old trans girl strangled in the city of Ibipora, Brazil, on Oct. 15; and 16-year-old trans girl murdered by a mob at a house party in St. James, Jamaica, on July 22.

Since 2008, Transgender Europe has documented 1,374 murders of trans people in 60 countries worldwide. Of these, 108 victims have been under the age of 20.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/...the-past-year?

utm_content=buffer0efe3&utm_source=buffer&utm_medi um=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #353
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Do you know where to pee?

http://www.drinknation.com/fun/urinaltest

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #354
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

No singing huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #355
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
No singing huh?
Surprisingly, no.

It seems the way to go is to present as homophobic as possible. If you remember this, you pass (hardy har har), with flying colors!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #356
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
No singing huh?
LOL..Never ever singing..or talking..maybe a grunt and nod if the guy next to you was foolish enough to initiate some sort of conversation.. And if I ever walk into a bathroom and hear someone singing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty" my bladder will automatically go into "we can hold this, get the f*ck outta here" mode... LOL
Old 11-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #357
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,667 Times in 10,252 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #358
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I wear black nail polish , this day (TDOR), and often during the week that it occurs.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #359
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

This: http://blog.timesunion.com/transgend...nsgender/1690/ , I am sorry to say, is a normal risk, if one is both transgender, and a parent.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #360
o'queery

How Do You Identify?:
serviceboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
him, hey boy
Relationship Status:
boyfriend of my joey. <3 Imma lucky bitchboy!

Thanked 1,895 Times in 523 Posts
o'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputation