Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lesbian festivals, music, conferences and film

I looked at all the threads from the beginning of the Planet, and was surprised not to find one that included conferences; film; art; music; camping and any lesbian-related gatherings.

Here are just some from the May/June, 2017 Lesbian Connection:

Cinema Sisters Film Festival in Paducah, Kentucky on Memorial Day Weekend, celebrating Lesbian Filmmakers. www.CinemaSysters.com

Old Lesbians Organizing for Change. 2017 National Gathering. August 2-6th, 2017, Athens, Ohio. Info@oloc.org.

Ohio Lesbian Festival, September 14th-17th, 2017. Ohiolba.org

Bold Fest. Bold Old(re) Lesbians and Dykes, Labor Day weekend. August 31st-September 4th, 2017. Www.Boldfest.com. Vancouver, BC., Canada

SisterSpace Weekend, September 8-10, 2017. www.sisterspace.org. Philadelphia, PA

National Women's Music Festival July 6-9, 2017 Middleton, WI. WIAonline.org. Ferron*Susan Westenhoefer*Mimi Gonzalez*

Virginia Women's Music Festival Memorial Day Weekend May 26-28, 2017
www.campoutva.com

Russian River Women's Weekend May 18-21 in Guerneville, CA
www.womensweekendrussianriver.com

Long Beach Dyke March, Long Beach, CA MAY 19 in Long Beach, CA Facebook.com/lobgbeachdykemarch

My hand is tired but there are lots more.

Will add as I can!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I looked at all the threads from the beginning of the Planet, and was surprised not to find one that included conferences; film; art; music; camping and any lesbian-related gatherings.

Cinema Sisters Film Festival in Paducah, Kentucky on Memorial Day Weekend, celebrating Lesbian Filmmakers. www.CinemaSysters.com

Old Lesbians Organizing for Change. 2017 National Gathering. August 2-6th, 2017, Athens, Ohio. Info@oloc.org.

Bold Fest. Bold Old(re) Lesbians and Dykes, Labor Day weekend. August 31st-September 4th, 2017. Www.Boldfest.com. Vancouver, BC., Canada

SisterSpace Weekend, September 8-10, 2017. www.sisterspace.org. Philadelphia, PA

National Women's Music Festival July 6-9, 2017 Middleton, WI. WIAonline.org. Ferron*Susan Westenhoefer*Mimi Gonzalez*

www.campoutva.com

Long Beach Dyke March, Long Beach, CA MAY 19 in Long Beach, CA Facebook.com/lobgbeachdykemarch

Will add as I can!

Anya, this is simply awesome of you to post about festival activities. The festival out in Wisconsin? Wow, I've a l w a y s wanted to hear Ferron in concert. And the festival in northern California (Russian River), sounds so wonderful.

I wonder, also, in light of all the political upheaval we've seen in recent weeks, if someone would go to lots of festivals around the country and film a documentary. You know, like interview attendees, the musicians, give those who can't go a taste of the music and the atmosphere. Take the pulse of festivals, from location to location.

But, how nice to learn about upcoming summer festivals!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
Slow breath

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Slow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST Reputation

Llff.ca is soon for anyone close to London, Ontario Canada! Will likely sell out, soon!
Slow breath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slow breath For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 01:03 AM   #4
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Anya, this is simply awesome of you to post about festival activities. The festival out in Wisconsin? Wow, I've a l w a y s wanted to hear Ferron in concert. And the festival in northern California (Russian River), sounds so wonderful.

I wonder, also, in light of all the political upheaval we've seen in recent weeks, if someone would go to lots of festivals around the country and film a documentary. You know, like interview attendees, the musicians, give those who can't go a taste of the music and the atmosphere. Take the pulse of festivals, from location to location.

But, how nice to learn about upcoming summer festivals!

Thank you for this!

A documentary would be so nice to see. For me, because it feels as though lesbian-identified women are less in numbers than when I first came out in the 70's; I miss the sisterhood of a big gathering of dykes. It used to feed the soul and looking at all the hot butches was pretty nice, too.

Sisterhood is Powerful!

Thanks to to anyone (slow breath, many thanks!) that adds any activities that you may come across, too.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default *Bumping* plus a couple more

2017 National Gathering of Old Lesbians Organizing for Change

August 2-6th, Tampa, Florida

August 2nd, Lesbians of Color Intensive

info@oloc.org or www.oloc.org

Phone (888) 706-7506

.................................................. .......................

13th Annual Bold Fest 2017

Bold Old(er) Lesbians and Dykes

Labor Day Weekend August 31st-September 4th, 2017

Vancouver, BC, Canada @ the Coast Plaza Hotel

Entertainment by Ferron and Heather Bishop

info@boldfest.com (604) 253-7189

Sister Space Weekend

September 8-10, 2017

Concerts, workshops, dances, sports, cabins/tents, vendors

PO Box 22476 Philadelphia, PA 19110 (888) 294-1110

www.SisterSpace.org

The 28th Ohio Lesbian Festival!

September 14th-17th, 2017

Suzanne Westenhoefer. Deidre McCalla, Holly Near with Tammy Hall, plus others!

Gates open Thursday at Legend Valley Concert venue in Thornville, Ohio (30 minutes east of Columbus, Ohio)

www.ohiolba.org

National Women's Music Festival

July 6-9, 2017. Marriott Madison West Hotel and Conference Center

1313 John Q. Hammond Dr. Middleton, WI 53562

brownpapertickets.com

WIAonline.org

Ferron, Suzanne Westenhoefer, Women of the Harlem Renaissance, Friday night dance with DJ Ellen Bonjorno, plus more!

Women in the Woods 2017

August 24-27. 2017 @ Breitenbush Hot Springs Resort in Central OR

Cabins, natural hot springs and all meals. Scholarships available

www.womeninthewoods.com

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #6
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Key West Women Fest

September 6-10, 2017

Just before the school year starts in earnest, just as the last rays of summertime finally set, just before the holiday season begins to rev up; Key West welcomes women from across the globe to an annual celebration that has become one of the largest gatherings of lesbians and friends in North America: Womenfest!

Each year thousands of women come together over the Labor Day weekend and stay for a wide range of activities and events during four days of revelry and fun.

Key West boasts restaurants that offer remarkable cuisine year round, watering holes that offer authentic, tropical libations and shops that can’t be found anywhere else.

Of course the most popular activity during Womenfest usually involves a chaise lounge, a good book, sunscreen and a killer margarita. Come join us on our little island that is close to perfect but far from normal for this fabulous event that gets bigger and better every year!

Please call 305-294-4603 for tickets to concerts and more information.

http://www.womenfest.com

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:

Women in the Woods 2017

August 24-27. 2017 @ Breitenbush Hot Springs Resort in Central OR

Cabins, natural hot springs and all meals. Scholarships available

www.womeninthewoods.com

...........*Snipped Excerpt*................
In all the years I've lived out here on the West coast of the Pacific Northwest, this is by far the best gathering, hands down.

I've attended three or four times over the past 29 years.

One definitely needs sort of a "Champagne" income, it's not your average gathering....you'll get the best vegetarian cuisine, the most breath taking experience in your life. It's gorgeous.

I'll miss it when I move away.... for sure.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Audiences full of screaming lesbians when Ingénue first came out, were such fun!

k.d. lang Reflects On 25 Years Of 'Ingénue'

July 13, 2017 11:22 AM ET

Back in 1992, singer k.d. lang released a record unlike any other. Ingénue slithered against the popular music grain with songs that drew slow, deep breaths and sighed seductively. It had an alluringly divergent sound that landed somewhere in a blurry nexus of pop, country and global folk, with accordions, clarinets and Eastern European flourishes. And lang's monumental voice, both powerful and restrained, was simply unforgettable as she sang languorous songs of love and desire.

Ingénue became a monstrous, multi-platinum hit for lang, but it was also a milestone in the '90s LGBT rights movement. Against her label's wishes, lang came out in a cover story for The Advocate three months after the album was released. Her decision helped spark a shift in the national conversation about what it meant to be gay and made Ingénue one of the first in a series of important cultural moments that pushed LGBT issues into the mainstream conversation. (Others from that period included the film Philadelphia and the Broadway play Angels In America and, later in the same decade, the television sitcom Will And Grace).

Back in 1992, singer k.d. lang released a record unlike any other. Ingénue slithered against the popular music grain with songs that drew slow, deep breaths and sighed seductively. It had an alluringly divergent sound that landed somewhere in a blurry nexus of pop, country and global folk, with accordions, clarinets and Eastern European flourishes. And lang's monumental voice, both powerful and restrained, was simply unforgettable as she sang languorous songs of love and desire.

Ingénue became a monstrous, multi-platinum hit for lang, but it was also a milestone in the '90s LGBT rights movement. Against her label's wishes, lang came out in a cover story for The Advocate three months after the album was released. Her decision helped spark a shift in the national conversation about what it meant to be gay and made Ingénue one of the first in a series of important cultural moments that pushed LGBT issues into the mainstream conversation. (Others from that period included the film Philadelphia and the Broadway play Angels In America and, later in the same decade, the television sitcom Will And Grace.

To celebrate Ingénue's 25th anniversary, Nonesuch Records is releasing a remastered version of the album on July 14, along with some previously unreleased live recordings. Last year lang recorded an album with Neko Case and Laura Veirs called case/lang/veirs. They toured together and became friends. So we asked Laura Veirs to talk with k.d. lang about Ingénue and how the album still resonates today.

k.d. lang on writing and recording an album with a sound that wasn't particularly popular at the time:

"When Ben [Mink] and I made Ingénue, we were consciously aware of the fact that no one was making this kind of Eastern-European dirge. ... The tempo of the record was nerve-wracking. I thought that I would just get killed for being so slow. And I did. There was a lot of criticism on the record when it first came out. [But] I purposely wanted to sing unornamented because ornamentation was really starting to take off in pop music. I feel like truth is centered ... it's still and it's very plain. So I really consciously went against the grain with this record. And [playing it live] we have to sit down and go, 'OK, this has to be played with absolute restraint and precision,' almost like classical music because so much about Ingénue I think is this space."

On the challenges of writing intimate and personal lyrics:

"When I worked with Ben [Mink] or when I work with most collaborators, we come up with the music first, which is very easy. But then that puts me as a lyricist in a very difficult spot because then I had to write lyrics that conveyed my emotion but also fit into the music and sang well, which is a lot of parameters for writing lyrics. And the lyrics were a struggle. It took me six or seven months to get the lyrics for this."

On not liking or understanding "Constant Craving," the album's final track and biggest hit, until just recently:

"I felt like it was incongruent to the rest of the record. And it's funny because yesterday in rehearsals of Ingénue, for the first time, I felt what [the song's] purpose was and why we put it on as the last song on the record. It's an acquiescence. It's a summation of human desire. It's like yes, OK, we all are heartbroken. We're all nervous. We're all vulnerable. We're all hopeful, but at the end of the day, constant craving has always been. And it really, emotionally, just surfaced for me, the purpose of that song. But we're doing the record in sequence on tour in Australia next week, so to have 'Constant Craving' come to the end of this very insular, quiet performance is fascinating."

On what it's like hearing and performing Ingénue 25 years later:

"It's been an interesting journey. When I first pulled the record up — because I don't listen to my own music — I pulled it up maybe about a year ago to start preparing for [the live shows]. And it was just so difficult to listen to it. I thought, 'Man, really? This is Ingénue? It's really not that good.' And I was so nervous and I was freaking out. But then, like the second and third times I listened to it, it started to pull me in. And I started to develop a whole new relationship with it. And I guess, ultimately, I came to the conclusion that my job now 25 years later is to perform and to offer Ingénue up as neutral and as open as possible. It's like a film director making a movie about a book that the audience has had a relationship with for 25 years. So my job is just to be open to all those interpretations and just to deliver it as open and as available as possible."

On dealing with the fame Ingénue brought:

"It was kind of like crashing a Porsche into a palm tree. It did get away from me, because when you tour — we toured this record for 18 or 24 months — I mean it was worldwide and it was just going and going and going, and that's after two years at least of writing and recording it — and six months of promo, you know flying around and promoting it. So it's a huge commitment, and when you have a hit then it just keeps going and you get exhausted. But yet it's a bubble that is completely focused on you, centered around you. Everyone's interest is in you. Their own best interest is in your success, so they all make it possible for you to keep going. So you think everything's fantastic. And I just started getting tired and a few things happened where I realized, 'Oh man, I got caught.' I got caught up in the mindset of success and then I started getting mad at myself."

On her decision to come out after Ingénue's release:

"I was scared but I'd gotten to a place where I went, 'It doesn't matter.' I mean what matters is that my music is honest and if I don't have success, [at least] I'm doing something that's honest. And then I felt that there was so much pressure at that time. Queer Nation was outing people and AIDS was in full-blown mode back then in the press and in life, and I just felt like I had a responsibility to come out and take some of the air out of it. Like, de-flame it a little bit. And the record company didn't want me to do it.

My manager didn't know. People were afraid that it was going to have a negative effect on the record and on my career. [But] I'm really, really proud that I did that."

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...ars-of-ing-nue

~Washington Post

Old 07-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Oh Anya, that's so sweet to read the article about k.d. lang!

Her album, 25 years ago, Ingénue, was is still so sweet to hear!

And, hey, how about the anniversary article coming out on the 13th????

Ya, sweet sweet memories....

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #10
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Lesbian Festival to take place in Loughborough

L Fest has won many national and international awards for Best lesbian event and Best Festival.

BYMEGAN COX

07:00, 19 JUL 2017

THE ‘UK’s only lesbian festival’, which has won national and international awards, is to take place at Prestwold Hall in Loughborough this weekend.

From Friday, July 21, until Monday, July 24, L Fest, a lesbian music, arts and comedy festival, will be taking place.

The event, which is to see Sian Evans and Toby headline, will include dance, cabaret, DJs, film, music, poetry, hot tubs, authors and more.

For tickets and more information, visit www.lfest.co.uk

The website states: “L Fest welcomes everyone who supports what we stand for and wants to be part of this wonderful community. We welcome and encourage the whole LGBTQI community and our straight allies.”

http://www.loughboroughecho.net/news...rough-13349388

~Washington Post

Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 AM   #11
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default LFest (UK event)

I recently attended LFest, here in the UK, and it was wonderful!
http://www.lfest.co.uk/

I believe the 2017 event wsa the fourth of them, but the same organisation also does an event in Spain, and LFestive each winter - the next is being held quite near to where I (used to) work (have just been made redundant, still wrapping up the handover to my boss).

LFest is for lesbians and allies, so there are instances like single-parent dads taking their newly-out daughters, or a lad volunteering as crew to support his Mum, who's lesbian. Children are allowed, and there's a families camping area, and activities for the kids.But generally all you'll notice are a thousand plus very varied lesbians just having fun! All in all, the atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and the crew are there to help folk rather than police them.

The ethos of this event is entirely admirable, and there's a charitable side, too, which helps disadvantaged lesbians attend when they might otherwise not be able to afford to.

I found going very emotional, as I've never been amidst so many lesbians for such an extended period, and whilst there is a firm 'no discrimination' policy at the event, actually experiencing that no-one had any issue with me being a (post-op) MTF lesbian, and even attracting a little positive social interest greatly eased some very old hurts, and boosted my morale and confidence! And I made some new friends I'm keeping in touch with too!

The bands were excellent, as were the DJ's, comedy acts and workshops. Fantastic value for the ticket price! I thoroughly and unreservedly reccomend any lesbian to go to LFest if she can.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #12
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default LFestive

LFestive, the winter get-together organised by the folks behind LFest is coming soon (24-25 Nov at the Ramada Hotel, Sutton Coldfield)! Details here: http://www.lfest.co.uk/lfestive2017/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #13
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Default LFest and LFest del Mar 2018

Details of both can be found here http://www.lfest.co.uk/

Lfest this year moves to a spot not far from the sea in LLandudno, North Wales! Due to the new site (which has proper toilet blocks, so no portaloos this time!) , numbers are being restricted to 650 this year, I believe to see how well the facilities cope with that number of prople,and I believe the hope is to expand the number of tickets available over teh next few years if this years' event is a success.

Definitely one to go to if you can, and excellent value for money! Solos are well catered for

I can't speak from experience of LFest del Mar (I can't cope with hot climates), but reports I've heard from those who have attended were universally good.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

www.campoutva.com

Will add as I can!
Surely there must be some summer events this year coming up soon?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #15
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Surely there must be some summer events this year coming up soon?
I believe that this is the site that Anya got the information from. You could take a look through it.

http://www.lconline.org/

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I believe that this is the site that Anya got the information from. You could take a look through it.

http://www.lconline.org/
Thanks Dapper.

I have subscribed to the hard copy of the Lesbian Connection for years.

You do not have to subscribe in order to access it homoe.

~Washington Post

Old 05-20-2018, 11:20 PM   #17
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

For those in the UK there's this site: https://www.planet-nation.com/
Old 05-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #18
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I posted this in the television line-up but wanted to also include it in this thread. It is unusual, not just because of the cultural focus on Hispanic women, the problem with the gentrification of cities in So.Cal but it is also lesbian-centered. It is one of my favorite shows.

~Washington Post

Old 05-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #19
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:

I posted this in the television line-up but wanted to also include it in this thread. It is unusual, not just because of the cultural focus on Hispanic women, the problem with the gentrification of cities in So.Cal but it is also lesbian-centered. It is one of my favorite shows.
oh, this looks good Anya! I'm adding it to my list of shows to see. Gentrification is such a terrible thing: It's hard on people, among other terrible social conditions and race related issues.

Thanks for sharing about this TV show .
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #20
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Bump............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art, conference, lesbian, lesbian film, music