Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCS View Post
I listened to the dog youtube Mariama. It was very interesting. Dogs are a big part of how I roll in life. There is alot to be said about that.

I am simple. I dont believe caucasian america and caucasion science has the universal answer to creating a more empathetic world. That is oh so scary when that kind of thinking is present. It is a priveledge just to have the time to talk in sometimes an intangible language. So when it balls up...when language and emotion mess up; there is love, admiration, and respect to remember.

The first empathy to give....no matter what ...my opinion...smiling. We dont know each other's language???? Even here on this site...we can go toward...lack of trust...or we can stand and face each other from different tribes and different dialects and SMILE...smiling is reassuring to people who lack trust. If that is all we can communicate then it could and has been lifesaving. Example: pretty damn sure Lewis and Clark smiled alot.

I want to take this time to say how much I appreciate the thinking that goes into our language here. It is fascinating to me...all that we express. Such really great people I have the great fortune to know at this time. I do believe in reincarnation and there is no accident we are here now discussing...
I understand about not trusting Caucasian science. I'm mixed. My (white) family were scientists mostly and Xian Scientist in spiritual practice. There is much in grey areas that isn't looked at. But people only go so fast. We humans are (slowly) getting our collective heads out of our asses and seeing that we aren't that special after all.

It's kind of awesome to see humans grow up. I know India has brought significant science and spirituality together as well as great basic science. I love the different perspective and the different interpretation of energy the Indians have brought to the forefront.

I really liked the interview because it dealt with traditionally human behavior in the form of dogs. I really loved the info in the beginning on dog breeds and those that were breed for love and companionship. Many feral child stories have been refuted yet I truly believe some are true. And there are occasional stories like the one from Ethiopia of lions rescuing girls from violent (human) males. It's kind of awesome hearing about a pride of lionesses attacking men and lying around a child until humans come to care for the child. But that may be refuted as well.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamma View Post
It's kind of awesome to see humans grow up. I know India has brought significant science and spirituality together as well as great basic science. I love the different perspective and the different interpretation of energy the Indians have brought to the forefront.
the book prophets facing backward by meera nanda talks about how there has actually been a lot of struggle around this issue in india. the book is not without problems (the author is an avowed atheist) but it's a good overview of the struggle between science and religion in india, which has been the source of a lot of political turmoil in the last few decades.

i am really grateful that scientists are starting to look at the effects of things like meditation on the body. i worry about the cultural appropriation that sometimes results, but it does seem that people are bridging the gap between science and faith more now.

i definitely agree w/both of you (ncs and mariamma) that the privileging of science in the u.s. (especially as it's mostly defined by white folks) can be really problematic. i'm grateful to you ncs for bringing that up.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default my smartphone

Sorry. While
charging my phone; bad spelling occurs. It does look like there should be an article attached. There are plenty for sure. Imo ....there is a problem in US with humans having faulty adrenals ....the way we eat and drink and lack of crop rotation and proper environmental gardening is screwing us. I am way into organic farming and permaculture as a way to live empathtically....going out on a limb here? ...did I make a connection or too oblique?

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCS View Post
Sorry. While
charging my phone; bad spelling occurs. It does look like there should be an article attached. There are plenty for sure. Imo ....there is a problem in US with humans having faulty adrenals ....the way we eat and drink and lack of crop rotation and proper environmental gardening is screwing us. I am way into organic farming and permaculture as a way to live empathtically....going out on a limb here? ...did I make a connection or too oblique?
No, not oblique to me. I fully agree with you. I also believe that by 40, everyone, especially women should check into their adrenals and see if they need support.

On another note, I was amused when I mention a dog smiling as a sign of empathy and you mentioned smiling as the first sign of empathy between people who speak different languages. I think we're on the same page.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default yes

Gee it feels good to be on the same page....sometimes..

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

A almost meta study on oxytocin and how it acts in humans and other animals. One thing I like about hormones and neurotransmitters is that while they are expressed differently in different species, the behaviors seen in animals are specific to each species yet are similar.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2795557/
Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Link to GREAT videos on empathy and compassion

I have only watched the first clip but the information on oxytocin, the autonomic nervous system, the immune system, stress hormones and progesterone enlightens and illuminates why empathy is a functioning part of the mammalian brain and body.

Oxytocin and being empathic reduces stress BUT only when shown how to use the energy in practice. When being OBJECTIVE one does not get the healing effects from oxytocin and being empathic!

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/arti...ssion_research

Tags
empathy, energy, oxytocin, spirituality