Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 05-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #141
Evolved

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the mood...but never femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Evolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST Reputation

A heart, brain and a sense of humor.
Evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Evolved For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #142
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who stays... and works through problems...
Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #143
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Someone that I can sing to and they don't care how bad I sound and like it that I sing to them.

(they means a femme, butch or ftm or the person I am dating)

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #144
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Be it friend or romantic, my peeps have to have a wicked sense of humor.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #145
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Another one to add is they have to be very open minded.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 02:10 AM   #146
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,115 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

The way to a girl's heart is through her funny bone. Sense of humor is as important as anything else.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #147
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

This morning... song lyrics tell it all... because "I want to hold your hand... I want to hold your hand"
Old 05-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #148
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
Someone who stays... and works through problems...
That's hard to find Jenn... most people bail at the first sign of trouble.. especially in this lifestyle.. in my experience.
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to anotherbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #149
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I've given up for now. I'm going to finish school before I try looking again. I think I might try looking again. I'm not sure - we will see what happens when I get there. Putting myself out there and dating feels pretty awful most of the time and it's draining and discouraging. I like the sense of peace I have *not* dating.
And I have a list of things I need that so far are just too much. And I'm not going to change it.

But here it is anyway:

- Butch, genderqueer, boy-minded androgynous, or transmasculine gender.
- lives within 3/3.5 hours travel time of me. I can stretch that to five MAYBE if everything else is exceptional and they don't want me to eventually move to the states, because that isn't going to happen.

From my okcupid profile:

*You must be emotionally stable. Quirks are par for the course but I do need someone even keeled and reliable.

*Friends first. I'm looking for a partner. Let's get to know each other before we consider dating. Dating is also not a commitment. It's dating.

* You know the difference between Intimacy and Intensity.

* You are openly communicative. You try. Hard. Intentionally vauge or evasive I don't find cute or mysterious.

*I don't mind people using the odd joint, my friends indulge, but no daily pot smokers. Know moderation with alcohol - no binge drinkers.

*Sex-wise, I'm a "feisty" Femme submissive. You consider yourself at least interested in exploring kink and to being the Boss in the bedroom. No experience in kink needed - It's enthusiasm that turns my crank - But you need to be able to talk about sex without getting freaked out. I like organic go-with-the-flow too, but I need to know our desires match first.

*I'm a queer-dyke, not bisexual and not a lesbian's lesbian. Many of my partners did not identify as women, though they were all female embodied. No cis males.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 05-17-2015 at 01:37 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #150
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbutch View Post
That's hard to find Jenn... most people bail at the first sign of trouble.. especially in this lifestyle.. in my experience.
I know there has to be someone... somewhere... who works as hard as me to make the people in their lives happy... I can't give up... I don't like myself without hope.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #151
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I guess it depends.
"Giving up hope" for me was pretty key in me getting a grip on myself and becoming happy with being single, of link ng in the present tense and not the future, the thing where "everything will be better when I lose weight/get a partner/graduate school"
So I decided to focus on now and let go of the future. Its been a great thing for me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #152
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
I guess it depends.
"Giving up hope" for me was pretty key in me getting a grip on myself and becoming happy with being single, of link ng in the present tense and not the future, the thing where "everything will be better when I lose weight/get a partner/graduate school"
So I decided to focus on now and let go of the future. Its been a great thing for me
I apologize, this was in no way a dig. I spent three years very stubbornly not dating. It was the best thing I ever did. I love who I became. I am very happy with my life and myself. What I learned in that process is that I don't need anyone... but I do very much want someone. And now I have the strength and determination to not settle for less. So I'm dating and I'm looking... and I know someday, somewhere... I will find that person that is my perfect match... imperfections and all.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #153
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I want someone who says "yes". In wanting that, I realized I have to do that as well. Anxiety, being a stodgy old stick in the mud ... get in the way.

I deserve someone going the extra mile for ME - I'm trying really hard to remember that, rather than chasing and wooing (which is admittedly fun). But I'd like to be chased, too - or at least I deserve someone making extra effort and extending kindness and feedback. I need to be wooed also. That's been very hard to admit.

I also have to admit that I'm NOT okay being alone. Or I'm too okay. But there are things I just don't do for myself, or care enough to do. There IS a hole, and as non-pc as that is, it also leaves me space for someone in my life. Note: there's not a hole in ME, just in my life. There is also a huge part of me, the best part of me, not in use when not in a relationship. I find many my age don't leave room after they work so hard to be self-sufficient. I am not completely self sufficient. I want someone who is invested enough to make sure I take my pills. Maybe makes me lunch for work. Again, not exactly PC or modern or the way things are done, but it's me and I'm not going to fight me anymore. I'm okay being alone, I have my routine, I'm not in a panic. But there are things in my life that require a partner for me to enjoy, and I'm not going to deny that fact any more.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #154
LilyCat

How Do You Identify?:
casual femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, and the like
Relationship Status:
single

LilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST Reputation

I agree it is important for a person to spend sometime alone to "find" themselves or get to know themselves better. There are many great benefits of it.

I wonder, do you think a person can be alone too long?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #155
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyCat View Post
I agree it is important for a person to spend sometime alone to "find" themselves or get to know themselves better. There are many great benefits of it.

Yes.

When you have full conversations with your pets and inanimate objects simultaneously, then that is the moment it's been a little bit too long.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #156
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I do - but not because of time per se, but because one become so self-sufficient and married to what life has been to "make room", and maybe so comfortable that leaving that comfort zone to take a chance and invest in someone is terrifying.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #157
LOQUI

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Non Binary, Trans, Always Me. :)

Thanked 2,486 Times in 848 Posts
LOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I think time extension it is something relative...each situation having its particularities...
However, hmmm I kind of agree with Gemme's point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yes.

When you have full conversations with your pets and inanimate objects simultaneously, then that is the moment it's been a little bit too long.
LOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LOQUI For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #158
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I apologize, this was in no way a dig. I spent three years very stubbornly not dating. It was the best thing I ever did. I love who I became. I am very happy with my life and myself. What I learned in that process is that I don't need anyone... but I do very much want someone. And now I have the strength and determination to not settle for less. So I'm dating and I'm looking... and I know someday, somewhere... I will find that person that is my perfect match... imperfections and all.
Oh I don't see debate or discussion or a different point of view as a dig. I'm not that thensthative

What I mean is, I have gotten to a place where I am ok with the possibility of me never having another long term relationship. It's important for me to not fear that or find it depressing. To work on being happy single and possibly just never having another relationship. I'm not looking. I will leave the door ajar, but I'm not going to go out of my way to impress someone that's not the kind of partner I would want.

If I do let someone in don't want pursuit or chasing from either of us.

I was codependant for so many years and I didn't want to be alone, I wasn't ok alone, I needed to function and care for someone else or I felt a gap.

The prospect of never having someone was bleak and terrible.

Now I am ok with the prospect of never having someone long term again. It's no longer depressing or scary. I like my life. It's easier than it has been in my past. It's peaceful. So if it is lovely and ok to be on my own right now, there is no need to think that I don't have everything I need right now. And will I feel that way in five minutes? Probably. And five minutes from then? Sure, absolutely. And five minutes from then and so on and so forth? Why not.

I don't wanna wind up with someone who needs me more than they want me. I'd prefer they didn't need me at all. But that they allow me to do some things for them cause I enjoy doing those things. And vice versa. I'd like someone who enjoys taking me out. Who gets a hard on from taking me to see a museum, or out for dinner, or to a lecture, or gallery. Who loves having pic nics with me. Easy to hang out with, be my friend, and laugh and talk a lot.

But I'm ok with that not happening. I've had a couple great loves. I'll be just fine with long periods of me being with me and sometimes some no commitment happy sex with someone for a couple months.

So if the right person strolls through the ajar door and takes me out for ice cream and a tool around a museum - fantastic. If not, my life is still lovely the way it is.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #159
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,342 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I think I found myself a long time ago but I've given up on a relationship. Either I pick the wrong people or I'm just not good at it so I'm ok with alone.

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #160
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,438 Times in 6,886 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I truly value intellect above all else....
a good sense of humor hopefully goes hand in hand with that...
compassion for people and animals is huge too

and...... I'm a sucker for a nice back and shoulders...

Tags
couples, love, relationship, relationships, single